It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today ends the jubilee year of mercy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Today ends the jubilee year of mercy and the holy door of St. Peters is closing.. Did you repent? Did you ask for forgiveness?
Did you ask for Gods holy mercy when the time ends?

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was when i was born these are my sins"

My answer will be as many;" My whole life "

But each step you take is not to yourself but to other, mistakes will always be made, but as long as a pure heart still beats there is always a chance.

What is yours?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Today ends the jubilee year of mercy and the holy door of St. Peters is closing.. Did you repent? Did you ask for forgiveness?
Did you ask for Gods holy mercy when the time ends?

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was when i was born these are my sins"

My answer will be as many;" My whole life "

But each step you take is not to yourself but to other, mistakes will always be made, but as long as a pure heart still beats there is always a chance.

What is yours?

What do you believe will happen tomorrow? Gods mercy won't last forever man, i think there's a darkness that's about to engulf the World very soon. Removal of all the garbage, and those who inflict pain on others for whatever reasoning become their tiny minds. That's my prayer anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Religions are the refuge of weak minded people who need to resort to superstition to provide meaning to their lives and validate their existence.

Religion poses the greatest threat to mankind's survival. It needs to be left behind if we hope to advance as a civilization.
edit on 20-11-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Source?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've been asking God's forgiveness every night at prayer for many years now. Unless I am very sick, a prayer before sleep is part of the nightly ritual and it doesn't feel right to fall asleep without it. I need it to lay my day to rest and center myself for a new day to begin.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The classical explanation of the word religion, traced to Cicero himself, derives it from re- (again) + lego in the sense of "choose", "go over again" or "consider carefully". Modern scholars such as Tom Harpur and Joseph Campbell favor the derivation from ligo "bind, connect", probably from a prefixed re-ligare, i.e. re- (again) + ligare or "to reconnect," which was made prominent by St. Augustine, following the interpretation of Lactantius.

Thats the etymology of the word itself.

The laws and the institutions it comes with arrived with a simple set of commands and that dogma changed to free will,what is the intention, not the crime. The cultures still have rules, but the law is still mostly the same..

Most people ive seen you call weak minded, seeks refugee in a religious instution cause of fear. Most people are not evil, but a few are and those will always strive for power. The institutions are there to protect the people and not the tyrants, but the problem with humans like any other domesticated animal with a strong will to follow a leader or the alpha male, they willingly follow the tyrant. In science there are six domesticated animals, in this world we forget, the seventh is us.

Most of the things we learn, we do in blind faith, even you.

edit on 20161120 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Religion poses the greatest threat to mankind's survival.

No...maniacs who construct nukes are the greatest threat..

Thanks Science..

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Did you ask for Gods holy mercy when the time ends

You do know the jubilee year is a Jewish thing, that it pertains to Israel and its state religion
You do know that you are delivering a christian message
You then must understand that Judaism and Christianity have two different fundamental foundations

Peter does not have a door, Christ is the door, like it states in John 10

I am a little saddened that you seem so confused, trying to marry Judaism and Christianity as well as myth of Peter

Also worth considering, When Christ walked the world, He built real, sincere relationships.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Link

Abrahamic religions

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you are wrong or right, well that depends on the subjective way you handle information..

The objective narrative is however in the links i provided

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Link

Abrahamic religions

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you are wrong or right, well that depends on the subjective way you handle information..

The objective narrative is however in the links i provided

You don't understand the two different foundations of the respective faiths do you
You have offered two links because you can't understand what I have said so linked two irrelevant sites to justify your comments. They are irrelevant

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but mixing Judaism with christianity is a s silly as mixing Islam with Judaism
It's sad you can't see that, your links are irrelevant, don't even see why you put them in your post

The jubilee year is Jewish, unless the Catholic Church has started circumcisions children and sacrificing cattle again, calling priests rabbi and relocating the Vatican to Jerusalem, you are lost in your theology

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well actually they are relevant, to the topic, they are on the other hand, irrelevant to you..

So what is Pope Francis to you?

Pope Francis called for an Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy. The Year of Mercy begins on December 8, 2015 (the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception) and ends on November 20, 2016 (the Solemnity of Christ the King)

In the history of the Catholic Church, a Jubilee Year was not celebrated until the year 1300. At that time, Europe was heavily afflicted by plague and war, and the people of Europe made pilgrimage to Rome seeking repentance for their sins. At this time, Pope Boniface VII declared the first Jubilee Year in the Church to provide mercy to the people of the faith. Since then, 25 Jubilee years have been celebrated by the Church, usually 25 or 50 years apart (there is no exact consistency). Pope John Paul II called for the Great Jubilee Year in 2000. Pope Paul VI called for one in 1975, and Pius XII did so in 1950.

You are still entitled to an opinion...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well actually they are relevant, to the topic, they are on the other hand, irrelevant to you..

So what is Pope Francis to you?

Pope Francis called for an Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy. The Year of Mercy begins on December 8, 2015 (the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception) and ends on November 20, 2016 (the Solemnity of Christ the King)

In the history of the Catholic Church, a Jubilee Year was not celebrated until the year 1300. At that time, Europe was heavily afflicted by plague and war, and the people of Europe made pilgrimage to Rome seeking repentance for their sins. At this time, Pope Boniface VII declared the first Jubilee Year in the Church to provide mercy to the people of the faith. Since then, 25 Jubilee years have been celebrated by the Church, usually 25 or 50 years apart (there is no exact consistency). Pope John Paul II called for the Great Jubilee Year in 2000. Pope Paul VI called for one in 1975, and Pius XII did so in 1950.

You are still entitled to an opinion...

Pope Francis is nothing to me, nor is his mixing Judaism with christianity

doesn't Jesus provide mercy, isn't Christs mercy always on offer to those who ask
What makes this papal decree any more special above Christs decree, the popes tick of approval?

I am sorry if I am confused with your argument
It makes no logical sense to me
So the Jubilee year is not related to the Jewish Jubilee year, fair enough, thanks, that makes sense
Why does Christendom need a jubilee year when Christs actions are a free offer to everyone all the time, they just have to ask
What makes a jubilee year any different to another year that isn't, what makes it special?
Can't people become Catholics on non jubilee years?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You have all the explanations you need in the links provided, even in the quotes..

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

nor is his mixing Judaism with christianity

They already are.And Islam is in the mix too...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang uh oh. You mentioned religion on ats. Prepare for pointless, rote arguments on minutiae that have nothing to do with your topic.

I am fascinated by the jubilee year of mercy as it relates to St Faustina and even possibly the unauthorized locutions of Anne, the lay apostle behind Direction for Our Times.

Also, notably, today was the feast of Christ, King of the Universe.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

[ Reserach topic Faustina and Anne lay apostle]

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yeah but nah, one is a different covenant to the other

You try and work it out

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You try and work it out

Already have. Yes , they are a different "covenant" but they all 3 contain major elements of the other

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You try and work it out

Already have. Yes , they are a different "covenant" but they all 3 contain major elements of the other

Really, so what are the things they contain if you dont mind me asking

top topics

<<   2 >>

join