It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The solution to America's political turmoil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just came back from brunch, which is a legal way of drinking heavily in the morning, and wanted to share the solution to all of America's political problems.

One of our friends who joined us is a regal, elderly woman who has 6 children, and a long successful life as a wife and mother.

She is also a Hillary supporter/voter.

She stated. . .and I will try to get the words exactly right. . . .

. . . . "Everyone who is whining and complaining, everyone who needs play-doh and safe spaces, everyone who feels the world will end. . . they should all just go home and masturbate for a while. They are getting annoying. The world will look much better if they all just give themselves a big "O"."

I laughed so hard that I spilled a Bloody Mary. Coming from such a stately woman, it floored me and everyone at the table.

I'm still laughing.

Maybe there is hope for America.

edit on 20-11-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bahaha! Brilliant!
I love some straight talking old folk

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You've just triggered all of the self identified asexuals. I expect further demonstrations now.

In all seriousness, I don't see things getting much better anytime soon. This is particularly true between the races. Thanks to the media, and our failed leadership, suspicion sits behind nearly every interaction now. I've read about it...I've seen it...I've experienced it. The new national boogeymen man is us.

Sad.

I wish it were as easy as the big O.

edit on 20-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I think the media, being the sore losers that they are, will continue to conflate the divide.

On the local level, we're all getting along just fine. At least, us old folks are.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You owe me new keyboard , just spit my morning coffee laughing .

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
ROFL, that's the best

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I feel tainted by the thought.

Has she seen these protestors?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Some of the best, straightforward, and rather crass statements have come from people that I had no expectation that it would come out of their mouths. This one, was in fact, tremendous.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here's the Big O for everyone:

Just to get y'all in the mood.

edit on 20-11-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Quote ....Loam
"In all seriousness, I don't see things getting much better anytime soon"

I feel about the same way. Perhaps a respite as winter draws near, and this behavior becomes more and more difficult. And then by spring the 'trendy' will have worn thin, then off to another abhorrent behavior trend.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well I for one would have to say having a partner is way more interesting. And, I don't know about you, but after an hour or so of dominating my wife-to-be, the last thing on my schedule is to riot or protest.
No, what would come to mind would probably be either a little shut-eye or a second round.
What do you say?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Being a sailor & subsequent resident-expert in 'stress relief', I'll advise my Hillary-supporting friends to NOT GET CAUGHT!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hilarious

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

In all seriousness, I don't see things getting much better anytime soon. This is particularly true between the races. Thanks to the media, and our failed leadership, suspicion sits behind nearly every interaction now. I've read about it...I've seen it...I've experienced it. The new national boogeymen man is us.

Strange to hear this after what I experienced today.

I saw an elderly White man attempt to retrieve his newly purchased cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee from the cashier, using one hand. He tightly held a cane in the other. He was having trouble accomplishing this feat because his hand was shaking terribly.

The middle aged Black lady that was in line behind him, stepped up and told him that she would carry his cup for him. He told her that he appreciated her help and walked to a nearby table, where he sat down and she placed his cup onto the table.

He thanked the woman and told her playfully, that he didn't know what was happening to him. He said he just had his 94th birthday, and it took him that long to shake and shimmy, and now he can't turn it off. We all laughed. The lady commented on his thick accent. He said he was visiting from a tiny country town in Alabama. They talked for a short spell. The lady got back in line, bought her coffee and left.

Now it is interesting to me, because you will never see anyone posting or commenting on this kind of encounter, which happens a thousand times a day. But an incident were there is a display of hate between a Black or White person and suddenly it is representative of a coming race war and it goes viral.

You are right the national boogeyman is us.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thats a good story dbcowboy.

Actually I just saw a liberal on fb call out the sjw nonsense as a reason they lost the election, and it was well received by whom i assume are a lot,of his liberal friends, though probably not the hard core sjws.

Looks like there is hope. America does have a place for classical liberalism as long as it continues with its left / right dichotomy. Its an important part of our political balance that keeps us all from going off the rails. And sjws have been busy burying it.

Id like the minority of racists and religious zealots brought under control with the right as well, as I dont think they represent conservatism either. Conservatism has valid issues just as classic liberalism does.

Of course if you ask me i think everyone should just be more libertarian / minimalist, but hey, im a realist. Ill take what Incan get. We seriously need to reel in the extremism.

new topics

top topics

join