It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan / Trump want to privatize medicare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Let me get this straight....

I paid into a system for 30 years that will be transferred to a system where stockholders, CEO and other elites can profit from my tax dollars.

I don't think so....

Don't ya love it?

I have straight Medicare now. I'm very leery of signing up for programs offering more.

It's enrollment season. What do I do?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Privatizing medicare just brings us one step closer to single payer.

Because when it fails (and it will), the backlash will send us careening in the opposite direction.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm like you. I have straight Medicare and am leery about signing up for another program.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

"unless congress repeal the law, rewrite it or amended medicare can not be touch."
Right, so who in congress can stop the majority party from amending it as long as trump signs it? And put the republican brand on it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm hoping that Medicare "reform" will be a lower priority than the things that Donald Trump campaigned on, and was elected for. He needs to steer clear of getting sucked into Republican traps...and STAY FOCUSED.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
And then they can own it's failure. Like the Dem's own ACA.

Maybe then we can get single payer.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: marg6043

"unless congress repeal the law, rewrite it or amended medicare can not be touch."
Right, so who in congress can stop the majority party from amending it as long as trump signs it? And put the republican brand on it.

With Trump in charge?

I don't trust anything not to be messed with.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Imagine if everyone worked together to make the ACA work.

Imagine if everyone worked together to fix the problems.

The "broken" ACA belongs to the "Do Nothing Objectionis Congress" in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The "broken" ACA belongs to the "Do Nothing Objectionis Congress" in my opinion.

If it worked the Dems would not be delaying it as long as possible. They are working together from keeping it from being fully activated, because it's a terrible piece of legislation that will drain wealth from Main St right into insurance company pockets.

Democrats were begging for ACA implementation delays.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The House and Ryan have been waiting for the perfect opportunity. All trump can do is sign or veto.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

The House and Ryan have been waiting for the perfect opportunity. All trump can do is sign or veto.

Not that it will happen but imagine what a coup it would be if Trump scrapped the ACA for single payer.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I paid into a system for 30 years that will be transferred to a system where stockholders, CEO and other elites can profit from my tax dollars

That's the Republican agenda- always has been and always will be.

Everyone is going to pay the price because half the country had a temper tantrum and voted for someone that's "loud and proud" and rebellious instead of qualified.

I'm glad I keep myself healthy so I won't have my life ruined like millions of other Americans are about to experience.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

What about their salaries and benefits? Will they privatize war also?

Privatizing medical care will allow companies to charge whatever they want for their services. That means higher insurance costs to afford the premiums, the real problem, imo. If private practice didn't have to hire extra people just to figure out the insurance laws, medicine wouldn't be so expensive. Once you allow companies to charge whatever, theres no cap like with gubment regulations.

It could also be argued that the federal government produces a false competitor thus driving up costs in areas where it get involved. Like Day care.

Anyway insurance firms are getting cut out of the whole market action anyway.......so prices go up. Even the AHCA proved this. Government is isolating a certain portion of the market for itself and cant afford to operate now without rasing rates. A competition free zone. And even gets to snatch the tax refunds of folks that cant opt out. What a nightmare.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

And just how would that happen?
Citizens have been put in a position that most have no control.
Some pay huge penalties......most pay huge premiums with out-of-this-world deductibles....even those who have insurance at work see this happening.
Most of the 98% are too busy keeping their heads above water for changing the ACA.

The whole scheme was sold the to US with nothing but lies.

AND.....they won't be able to steal money for medicare disabilities if they relinquish control of Medicare for Seniors.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Some pay huge penalties......most pay huge premiums with out-of-this-world deductibles....even those who have insurance at work see this happening.
Most of the 98% are too busy keeping their heads above water for changing the ACA.

AND.....they won't be able to steal money for medicare disabilities if they relinquish control of Medicare for Seniors.

How would something be fixed?

Working together to fix it.

That usually works in my world.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

How would something be fixed?

Working together to fix it.

That usually works in my world.

No not just working together. Working together for the common good. NEITHER party has any interest in that.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I am now coming to believe that Ryan etal now see the exact person they saw and wanted in Romney...

We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate. [...]

Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared."

source
If people think ACA is bad, try privatized SS or privatized Medicare.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Single payer is the answer for sure. We just can't go back to the days of denying people to see a doctor based on income.

I accept that the middle class will have to pay more in taxes and relieve businesses and the poor. But, it has to be small businesses. I don't know if Trump can think that small. I accept that we are going to be in the middle east til I die and beyond. But lets give our troops the absolute best equipment and training and intelligence we can imagine. But don't make them wait in long lines and long times for their benefits. I don't know if Trump cares enough, because he is a businessman. I accept that there will always be poor children because of their parents, but don't take away public education, the only hope they have. I don't know if trump understands that vouchers is just another hurdle for a poor kid. I accept that all social programs will probably go private or defunded. I don't have anything good to say about that. Putting our lives completely in the control of corporations and banks. Maybe 2008 and NAFTA is a memory to the rich, but not to all those angry people out there.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If it worked the Dems would not be delaying it as long as possible. They are working together from keeping it from being fully activated, because it's a terrible piece of legislation that will drain wealth from Main St right into insurance company pockets.

National Health Care is not a Dem/Rep issue - - IMO.

ALL of Congress should have worked together to make something that worked. Instead of acting like petulant children.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Apparently our medical care will be partly determined by the pharmaceutical industry.

www.rawstory.com...

I guess the swamp won't be drained after all....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join