It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Lauri Love To Be Extradited To U.S., Facing Jail Time Before Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
31 year old Laurie Love is accused of hacking into FBI, Nasa Us Central bank and may spend the rest of his life in prison.

he 31-year-old from Suffolk is accused of hacking into the FBI, the US central bank and Nasa.

His US attorney is concerned over how much time would be spent on remand.

Tor Ekeland, who is based in Brooklyn, told the BBC: "Theoretically if he is convicted in the US it is possible he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

Mr Love was arrested in 2013 and said he has never seen the evidence against him, he will appeal his extradition to the US from the UK.

Mr Love was first arrested at his home in 2013.

He had computer equipment seized by British police, but the UK investigation into him was dropped.

www.bbc.com...
edit on 19-11-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Let us welcome our newest citizen to the land of the free!

What a cluster.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

What a cluster.

Would you say the same if this person had known terrorist ties?, I am not saying that this is not wrong but hacking systems can be extremely destructive. People also fail to see the difference between hacking and leaks, the two are very different..

He states no evidence has been shown and that he has a mental disorder, I would hope these matters are addressed before any further action is taken..

RA
edit on 20-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am sick of this overreach.

He is not a US citizen and is not subject to US Law.

It is that simple.

If the UK wants to charge him, then they have the right to.

But not the US.

The rest of the world is not subject to the US system of injustice.

You have so many people in prison it is just laughable that they call themselves the land of the free.

It is disgusting and rancid.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Pisses me off too.

Hacking is illegal in the UK.

Why not charge and try him here?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Why not charge and try him here?

That is the only legal way!

He is not bound by US Law, hell, he does not even know the US Law. Why should he.

So they take him to another country and he says, "I don't know the laws of the US."

The reply, "Not knowing the law is no excuse."

What?

Why not allow extradition to Saudi Arabia for any woman not dressed properly.

See how that works. It is just stupid.

The US Government is digging itself a hole. The blow back from this over reach wil eventually happen.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

No he won't after the trial he will have an acident. Then given a name change and will start his new job under an alias with the NSA. The NSA is constantly searching for real hackers.
edit on 11/20/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No he won't after the trial he will have an acident. Then given a name change and will start his new job under an alias with the NSA. The NSA is constantly searching for real hackers.

I agree here. That prison sentence thing is just an excuse to pressure him into the job.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

What you are witnessing is globalization and the NWO. This last year has really opened my eyes in regards to how far it's gotten. And of course the US plays the big bad hero, And everyone should fall inline to their demands for the good of the planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Eh, he hacked into US government property, why wouldn't he be handed over to answer for it? If an american hacked into scottland yard, I am sure the authorities over there would want him handed over to answer for it there.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Eh, he hacked into US government property, why wouldn't he be handed over to answer for it? If an american hacked into scottland yard, I am sure the authorities over there would want him handed over to answer for it there.

If I mugged a American Citizen on UK soil should I go to a US prison?

As the crime happend on UK soil, it makes more sense to charge, try and sentence them here.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

hopelessly flawed example

the servers he alledgedly hacked are un the US

if you want an valid example :

what jusistiction do you think should have authority if a mexican fired a shot across the rio-grand into texas and killed a US citizen - does he stand trial for murder // manslaughter in mexico or texas

and why ?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: lordcomac

What a cluster.

Would you say the same if this person had known terrorist ties?, I am not saying that this is not wrong but hacking systems can be extremely destructive. People also fail to see the difference between hacking and leaks, the two are very different..

He states no evidence has been shown and that he has a mental disorder, I would hope these matters are addressed before any further action is taken..

RA

Yes,
I would.

The "known" terrorists are ones we created in the first place to have a place to point fingers. The laws we've created extend so deeply that almost any citizen could be considered a "terrorist", and the words are defined so loosely that technically, by responding to me, you've got "ties" with me.

Team 'murka- world police to the rescue!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'd say the crime happened on US based servers so I can understand the US wish to extradite.
The only issue I ever have is the extradition process never seems truly reciprocal, but as for the guy in the OP, tough luck I say, shouldn't have been a twit hacking US govt servers lol...meh, no real sympathy from me.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It really comes down to the Extradition Treaty between the UK and US. It might seem unfair but that is the law, controversial as it is.
At the end of the day why hack in to those sites in the first place? I don't have much sympathy considering the target. If you want to mess about with the FBI and Central Banks in a serious way, then don't be surprised that you have to face some consequence.

edit on 20-11-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Lol I agree!
Everyone bleating like he is some victim, the US govt aren't after me because I'm not stupid enough to try hacking their servers.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The guy was bored, he had no life and got thrills from hacking big servers. That's the extent of his mental capacity - socially inept but tech-savvy to the point of being a genius. Anyway, the UK dropped domestic charges against him so if the extradition were to be blocked, unlikely as that is, then he'd be a free man. Besides, I personally doubt that he'll even go to prison, he'll accept the blackmail to work for them.

new topics

top topics

join