It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hopes to abolish DNI and reverse CIA reforms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

God knows that is true. If they see something is going on report to the agencies. US is way overloaded in intelligence. Course, we all know this will never happen. Between them all, it is likely everything we have ever done is recorded somewhere. Stasi anyone? It is my understanding their motto was "Know everything"

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Funny HOW they MOSTLY relied on Elint instead of Humint because of Clinton.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What and take away everyone's given right to grab em by the _____?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I hope Trump does mess with those agencies and gets what ever they serve up. They don't play by the rules.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't think Trump or anyone else can make them play by the rules. Rules are for pions, not them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Electronic as opposed to human intelligence (had to look it up). Would you care to elaborate?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Bill wanted to reduce the agencies people in the field ,he felt that electronics were fine and people were out of danger,it also pulled us away from operations to begin infiltration into the middle east instead of relying on Israel, as has Obama, but more for covering up.
edit on 19-11-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

SaturnFX
o...kay.
but this is like..cutting back spending at a police department by ripping out the phones.

Seems like the one thing you would leave up

How bout we create 1 job for each of the 16 organizations which focuses on communicating with the other 16 to eliminate 1600 other confusing jobs.

Too many beuro-hurdles created since 911. The terrorists love it

b
edit on 19-11-2016 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

SaturnFX
o...kay.
but this is like..cutting back spending at a police department by ripping out the phones.

Seems like the one thing you would leave up

How bout we create 1 job for each of the 16 organizations which focuses on communicating with the other 16 to eliminate 1600 other confusing jobs.

Too many beuro-hurdles created since 911. The terrorists love it

b

We have those jobs, but the agencies don't really utilize them. It comes down to an issue of ego and taking credit. Everyone wants the credit for stopping a crime. It justifies their department and gives them leverage in budget negotiations. To an extent, this behavior isn't even bad because it causes the various departments to be a bit more efficient in trying to 1 up each other. Taken too far though, and no one shares intelligence so things slip through. Pushed to the extreme, which we currently have, and they actively backstab each other and sabotage investigations so that they can be the one to stop a crime.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So what you are saying is we dont have comunication because of ego.

Thats where a total change is neccessary. The ego has to be stripped away.
Democratical ego's instilled into our system thx to Obama have to be purged.
Trumps picks will do that.

b

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

DNI and the CIA reforms are a response to all the agencies failing to work together before 9/11. These changes were needed. These are BUSH era changes not Obama to solve the issues found then.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Where the heck do those fusion centers fall under?They seem useless to me.Have they prevented ANY terrorist attacks?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
According to the article the changes they want to replace in the CIA took place just a year or two ago under Oboma.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

That is a question for me as well. I wondered if in my quoted test if the fusion center were the mixing of spy and analyst in multiple areas with the intent to move separate them to different regions. However, looking them up, fusion centers seem to be under homeland security.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I don't mind the CIA nearly as much as the I.R.S.

I mean really.....most of us are more concerned about the IRS than the CIA.

My old man worked for the DoD doing special investigations. Whenever they had an 'uncooperative' individual he would offer to let an IRS agent come and speak to the person but would warn them with, 'They always find something.'

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
What and take away everyone's given right to grab em by the _____?

I hear you, I would not want to interfere with that or their stellar track record on catching terrorists at the checkpoints.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: SaturnFX
Yup, it is finally true. A POTUS that is actually scaling back big government instead of growing it obscenely larger.

Thus leading to more power and control over the average citizen

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I was waiting to see a lot of the responses and they are varied.

Here, I hate to give the Post any credit, but on occasion they do get a few things somewhat correct.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.

* Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.

* Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year - a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.

Buck
edit on 20-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too Damned old to get it right the first time

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
a reply to: Aazadan

So what you are saying is we dont have comunication because of ego.

Thats where a total change is neccessary. The ego has to be stripped away.
Democratical ego's instilled into our system thx to Obama have to be purged.
Trumps picks will do that.

b

It goes well beyond democrats, it's a bipartisan thing, largely because it's human nature. I don't think Trump has any problem firing people, but making the remainder work together is a tricky thing to accomplish.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Aren't we lucky that there is no shadow government, funded by drug money and Trump can operate unencumbered!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join