It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Researchers: Tax Food to Reduce Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Tax Food...come on now. The Eco-Terrorists have never met a human activity that they think should not be taxed.

A group of researchers in Oxford University, England have suggested that imposing a massive tax on carbon intensive foods – specifically protein rich foods like meat and dairy – could help combat climate change.

Much of the emissions reduction would stem from higher prices and lower consumption of animal products, as their emissions are particularly high. The researchers found that beef would have to be 40% more expensive globally to pay for the climate damage caused by its production. The price of milk and other meats would need to increase by up to 20%, and the price of vegetable oils would also increase significantly. The researchers estimate that such price increases would result in around 10% lower consumption of food items that are high in emissions. “If you’d have to pay 40% more for your steak, you might choose to have it once a week instead of twice,” said Dr Springmann.

No...we'll just kick out the daffy politicians that decided to tax our Steak and Kidney Pie at 40%...and to take milk out of the mouths of babes, by taxing that necessity by 20%.

...the authors stress that due consideration would need to be given to ensuring such policies did not impact negatively on low income populations.

Right...that little detail.

Oxford Group Proposes Massive Cow Tax

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That little detail tells you the real agenda.

The poor can't afford to eat steak and other foods as much, so we need to tax them to make sure NO ONE can. That way we have ensured food equality. Everyone has equal access to food and in the same amounts.

Nevermind that we aren't doing it by making sure everyone has free access to what they might desire, we're doing it by making sure NO ONE can have what they want in the amounts they want (except us because we're the wise, rich, elite bureaucrats who are good enough and smart enough to tell you how to live and be equal), but you're all equal now ...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would like to think we would, but we would only be replacing them with similar corruptible individuals.

Tax on food is a tax on existence; prepare to face people who aren't afraid of losing nothing, because nothing is all they have.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That little detail tells you the real agenda.

The poor can't afford to eat steak and other foods as much, so we need to tax them to make sure NO ONE can. That way we have ensured food equality. Everyone has equal access to food and in the same amounts.

Nevermind that we aren't doing it by making sure everyone has free access to what they might desire, we're doing it by making sure NO ONE can have what they want in the amounts they want (except us because we're the wise, rich, elite bureaucrats who are good enough and smart enough to tell you how to live and be equal), but you're all equal now ...

Agenda 21 in a nutshell!

Saw this one coming.....

link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

ffs, what the hell are these busybodies up to now?? Next thing we know, they will have our water and air taxed too.

link   
So much for the slogan: Got Milk?

Because nobody will.... it'll end up costing the same as a small island.

Calcium and protein deficiencies, here we come !

But wait !

Big pharma to the rescue with affordable calcium and protein supplements in 3...2...1...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

havent heard about agenda 21 in a while. didnt think it actually went away, but it hasnt been in the news, even the alternative news sites in a while that I have seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Soon enough they'll be taxing you for exhaling carbon dioxide.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This p*ss*s me off, The "hole' in the ozone layer is not a fiscal problem, Taxing people is not going to fix it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

These horrible people use taxes not as only revenue, but as a tool to alter people's behavior.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
a reply to: seeker1963

havent heard about agenda 21 in a while. didnt think it actually went away, but it hasnt been in the news, even the alternative news sites in a while that I have seen.

They call it Agenda 2030 now. Just watch what the UN is implementing and watch for 2030. New number, same game.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
So much for the slogan: Got Milk?

Because nobody will.... it'll end up costing the same as a small island.

Calcium and protein deficiencies, here we come !

But wait !

Big pharma to the rescue with affordable calcium and protein supplements in 3...2...1...

Oh no, we'll be eating bugs.

They're the food of the future and most of the rest of the world already does it. They even have calcium depending on which kind you're eating.

Aren't you thrilled?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'll hunt my own tax free food!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

These horrible people use taxes not as only revenue, but as a tool to alter people's behavior.

Yup !

Sin taxes... the biggest behaviour altering tool there is.

And now they're running wild with that concept into everyday consumables.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Back in the 18th or maybe it was the 17th centurary, food was considered to be non-essential for life. As such, quality food was reserved as a luxury for the rich elite, and poor food was used as a reward for working hard. If you didn't kowtow to the masters, and if you didn't work hard, you didn't eat.

It wasn't until a French natural philosopher and aristocrat identified the link between food, and life, and proved that food wasn't just a luxury, it was an essential. Others had also theorised this, but being an aristocrat, this guy had the influence to make his research heard.

I think the powers that be want to return us to that dark time, where food is a luxury to be earned, rather than a basic human right. I really do, with all the tinpot regeime taxes they are piling on it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I'll hunt my own tax free food!

No. See the plan is to make it fiscally impossible for you to live in a rural area. They will herd people into concentrated urban areas with stacked housing plans with apartments on top of retail, and the rest of the wide open will become "our" land, but no one will really be able to access it.

So, if you try to hunt it, it will be like the days of poaching from the lord of the area. If they catch you, the crime will be stealing the people's game or something equally ridiculous since no one will actually be able to use or enjoy those wilderness areas.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no, we'll be eating bugs.

They're the food of the future and most of the rest of the world already does it. They even have calcium depending on which kind you're eating.

Aren't you thrilled?

Yeah...

Can't wait to wrap my lips around a Wolf Spider:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Adorable, good go lobbyist paid researchers. Hit people where it hurts the most, their food. Make sure to make carbon tax a law a reality everywhere. /sarc
I know you failed so far in sensible places, and next time will try harder. As usual the ones who are the most accountable, ie factories, will still not be paying for their "carbon output".
edit on 19-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Actually, the thought of trying some preparations of insects doesn't horrify me like it used to. I guess I've a few too many episodes of Bizarre Foods. I'd actually give it a try and add it to my diet if I liked it enough, but I would very much resent being forced to adopt them because my current favorites are "sin" taxed out of my price range on purpose to keep me from eating them for no other reason than that some bureaucrat somewhere deemed it be "good."

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, if I can handle chocolate covered ants and garlic butter sauteed snails...

Then I guess I could handle this chubby little guy if prepared properly:

But I'd have to go heavy on the onions and mustard.

<<   2  3 >>

join