It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Explains Trump's Tariffs in 4 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nice Short video that shows why companies move, why they come back and why tariffs may be a national security issue.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank you for this.

One of the primary reasons I voted Trump was the current trade deals.

Now lets get this said right now, there is nothing wrong with Exporting/Importing. Cool.

But not at the expense of billions on trade deficits.

Whatever pros and cons there are to Trumps plans are a risk I'll take considering the current manufacturing base is gutted.

Now, is China a currency manipulator?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Problem is it isn't a presidential fix. Anything he does will make the cpi sky rocket. We don't have a trained labor force to even move back the jobs which will double the cost of goods.

There is no quick fix.

The very best economic thing he can do is legalize medical marijuana regulate it and tax it to pay for the corporate tax cuts. Focus on industry no personal tax cuts until we re adjust inflation that has been created by printing fake money. We kept it at bay with cheap Walmart stuff for the under employed or under paid. Then the middle class started needing the sugar too...

It takes an actual economist to understand how to untangle the rats nest. No political, or superstitious ideology can fix this mess.
edit on 19-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It seems the pendulum has swung too far to the corps running the board, now the pendulum (yet to be seen) will be slapped back the other way. Just hope it gets somewhere in the middle where both businesses feel good and the middle class can feel good about the economy.

Whatever pros and cons there are to Trumps plans are a risk I'll take considering the current manufacturing base is gutted.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
I stopped at the Government Taxes the Rich to pay for Welfare.....The Mega Rich, like tRump don't pay Taxes silly.

And the tarnished old comment that Companies make more Jobs when the Rich have more Money....!
Lets stop this last argument Right F'ing Now. The Rich have all the F'ing Money Now, Right NOW! About 250 Families have 60% of the Wealth. End of argument.

For a Right Wing argument, couldn't they find someone Redneck in a Cowboy hat and a Flag rather than someone they'd rather keep out of the Country.

Damn this is dumb.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

There is going to be no actions that Trump can take that you or I are going to 100% agree on.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I stopped at the Government Taxes the Rich to pay for Welfare.....The Mega Rich, like tRump don't pay Taxes silly.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like his content, but man that voice is hard to understand. He doesn't enunciate well.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

He does have a thick accent, but he nails it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Times up.

After 4 minutes I researched and found that protectionism has been a frequent tactic of the Indian government since their independence in 1947.

Trumps protectionist trolling is predictable, protectionism led to global economic domination for the US by the end of WW2. There is some history about Stimsons 1929 tariffs causing the collapse of Creditanstalt of Austria May 11 1931.

Could the current NWO really allow that to happen again?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I hope Trump will use the tariff sparingly. I think the corps have pushed the out sourcing too far and need their wings trimmed. But if we go to far it will be just as bad.

Go to 9:20 to video, very interesting

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You're probably right, but the fact that he ACKNOWLEDGED it and has added it to his campaign promises means more attention will be brought to light.

Considering the GOP now controls Washington, we should be able to see results and what the future may entail.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If we lower corporate taxes, i doubt corporations will invest in the US or bring back mfg jobs. If they happen to bring back mfg, it will be automated to where they only need 10% of the work force.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I would say that the system in place isn't working.

You're probably right, but the fact that he ACKNOWLEDGED it and has added it to his campaign promises means more attention will be brought to light.

Considering the GOP now controls Washington, we should be able to see results and what the future may entail.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Interesting video, the 26 minute stuff concerning the breakaway civ allegations kind of cross thread the message though.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Seems that the corp controlled media is using scare tactics to try to get the American people against the idea of tariffs. Tariffs can be used to protect their jobs from the profit hungry corps that would export every job if they are some protections.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Someone mentioned a potential 94% profit motive in there somewhere as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Working for corporations I have noticed one thing. The year over year growth has always got to be positive, period. I doesn't matter that over the last 10 years growth has been at 10% compounded every year. If one year it is at 7% the world is ending, by the way no cost of living raises this year just like the last 7 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

And the tarnished old comment that Companies make more Jobs when the Rich have more Money....!
Lets stop this last argument Right F'ing Now. The Rich have all the F'ing Money Now, Right NOW! About 250 Families have 60% of the Wealth. End of argument.

For a Right Wing argument, couldn't they find someone Redneck in a Cowboy hat and a Flag rather than someone they'd rather keep out of the Country.

Damn this is dumb.

Bless your heart. You've been watching too much MSNBC. And your poor brain has been scrambled if you believe what you wrote. I don't really blame you, your education was obviously inadequate. But that is no excuse. With the availability of information on the net today, you could wash away those silly ideas you're spouting, especially the anti-American sentiments about the person speaking in the video. Your prejudice is showing.

new topics

top topics

join