It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump A.G. Selection Signals Hazy Future for Cannabis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The prescription opiate abuse problem here in Pennsylvania is reaching epidemic proportions. We now have a website we have to go to and check before filling any narcotic to make sure the patient isnt doctor shopping. I blame the doctors, they put people on hard core pain meds for years, then when they catch flack from the state they cut these people off cold turkey, then they usually go to the street to get their fix and trouble ensues.

But God forbid someone smoke a little pot after work or for minor aches and pains!!!! LOCK THEM UP FOREVER!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
His asinine comment that "people who smoke marijuana are not good people" is a blatant lie based on his own bought and paid for scripted opinion. At this point in history I can safely say that most of us know at least one person who uses cannabis and is healthier and happier for it on top of being a genuinely decent person. Most consumers of cannabis that I know are some of the most decent and genuinely sincere people I know. Far better than those that will steal from their own families or fail at their adult duties because they are strung out on opiates.

Case in point.

Remember, kids, marijuana is gooder and awesomer than everything else and if you don't smoke it, you are a loser.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

The prescription opiate abuse problem here in Pennsylvania is reaching epidemic proportions. We now have a website we have to go to and check before filling any narcotic to make sure the patient isnt doctor shopping. I blame the doctors, they put people on hard core pain meds for years, then when they catch flack from the state they cut these people off cold turkey, then they usually go to the street to get their fix and trouble ensues.

But God forbid someone smoke a little pot after work or for minor aches and pains!!!! LOCK THEM UP FOREVER!!!!!

It's terrible. We're at a point where the people who actually need opiate prescriptions are being harassed and denied because other people who don't really need those meds are gaming the system. God forbid a person be able to grow a plant and treat themselves and get out of the whole vicious cycle.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Didnt George Washington and Ben Franklin grow and smoke it too? George was laughing because he didnt remove the male plants, which then caused his stash to be seeded?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They just legalised it here.

It needs to stay off the streets and be consumed behind closed doors. Around here, I often see people smokinmg while driving in traffic. One day I pulled up to a stop light, and the guy next to me let out a giant bong smoke cloud. It blew right into my truck. I quickly rolled the windows up, then right down again, while holding my breath. It stunk to high heaven like a skunks rotten butt. I almost puked

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
His asinine comment that "people who smoke marijuana are not good people" is a blatant lie based on his own bought and paid for scripted opinion. At this point in history I can safely say that most of us know at least one person who uses cannabis and is healthier and happier for it on top of being a genuinely decent person. Most consumers of cannabis that I know are some of the most decent and genuinely sincere people I know. Far better than those that will steal from their own families or fail at their adult duties because they are strung out on opiates.

Case in point.

Remember, kids, marijuana is gooder and awesomer than everything else and if you don't smoke it, you are a loser.

What??? How did you take what I actually said for that? I'm sorry but sticking to the facts here in my "personal" experience in my geographical location people who use cannabis and only cannabis do tend to be friendlier more trustworthy than those that are not properly using opiates for pain relief but instead using to get high. I've seen a lot of people I've loved go down the road of opiate addiction and I still love them but they are generally not productive for society or to be trusted unattended among valuables. At a certain point you have to realize that the person has to want to help themselves and by helping them you run the risk of being brought down with them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In my opinion the marijuana issue is the one issue that truly separates reasonable people from unreasonable people ....if the entire world population divided on this one issue it would be the most righteous battle that could exist . In spite of what anybody might think it truly is a defining issue..... it clearly makes manifest the corrupt people in the world.

I remember when I was a child about 10 years old and I found out that there was a plant that was illegal it was so absurd to me that I could not believe it I was beside myself with disbelief..... even a child can see the absurdity of such a law.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

That is crazy, as soon as you touch marijuana it directly links you to every bad thing possible.
Everyone knows that.

Accept the data.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If the AG had the power to overturn state rights, the Obama administration would have done it years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will not say that marijuana cannot be abused or that it is not being abused ..... but it certainly is something that no law should be made against.

Obesity probably cost the health-care system as much money as anything nowadays and yet would it be reasonable to outlaw pastries and ice cream because people abuse them ?

Christians in particular should support the legalization of this plant since it epitomizes more than any other plant the description given in the Book of Genesis. Due to the fact that the planet has a tremendous amount of usefulness for many things ... as well as the fact that the seeds from it afford the highest grade of protein of any plant

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

That is crazy, as soon as you touch marijuana it directly links you to every bad thing possible.
Everyone knows that.

Accept the data.

sarcasm needs one of these.....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the AG had the power to overturn state rights, the Obama administration would have done it years ago.

All they have to do is slap another label besides "states rights" on it and most people would be good to go. Play it up from another angle, and people will support it just to support Trump. Make it about health, addiction, safety, whatever.

The good 'ol conservative reach-around. Make you think they're doing something good for you all the while pounding you in the a##.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You're not making any sense.

Obama/Holder wanted gun restrictions and the states laughed at them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's hard to say at this moment what will happen, so I agree with your uncertainty. It is something to keep an eye on.

Flip flops aren't just something Trump wears while eating a Taco bowl by his enormous swimming pool.

I spat out my coffee at that one. Very good.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're not making any sense.

Obama/Holder wanted gun restrictions and the states laughed at them.

Gun rights are guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. Cannabis has no protection like that. In fact, just the opposite.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

State laws on conceal carry vary from state to state.

But I will tell you this.

If the Trump administration calls for an end to state rights, then I will burn down stuff, break wind ows, and assault people with you!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Holy God.. I thought it said "...hazy future for cannibals"

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations-

Can I invite You to join Us at www.leap.cc Law Enforcement Against Prohibition ? We've been fighting this crap for some time now.

I'd opine that the search for cannabis will continue to take a backseat to where the $$$ is and it isn't in grass unless You do "Asset Forfeiture" and that is too much work when You can surveil a low-income housing tract and shoot some fish in a barrel and catch fish that, in most cases, won't bother to hire a Private Attorney so that will show as a "conviction" in order to glean the Federal $$$. There isn't more dope being used in the Ghettos than that of the Suburbs, it is these folks can't afford an attorney so they cop some "Plea Bargain" after getting pinched. 90% of those incarcerated are there on a "Plea Bargain" 5 years, out in 2 is a lot better than 30 years...

Now this 'can' change> If the Private Prison lobby needs numbers 'They' will start the enforcement but seeing that Herr Drumpf made His bones on "building a wall" "vetting Muslims" are more important than those who choose to shoot marihuana into their arms.. (just checking)
All the folks that were arrested during "The Crack War" are just now getting out of the Hooskaw after doing their bits. That was when the Urban(read: 'Black' or 'other'; non-affluent; non-voter) received 25 years PRISON while the Sub-Urban (read: 'White'; Affluent; voter) received PROBATION for using coc aine. The only difference being that the Urban made 5x as much $$$ because they made a smokable form (Crack) while the Suburban used coc aine hydrochloride (powder; whiff)

If the Private Prison industry needs more bodies then it'll be a 'crap shoot'...

namaste

Stay Hydrated...

Proud Member of LEAP• Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hyperbole much?

Get off your high horsen (pun intended)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So you're breaking federal law.. and you're shocked that you're going to be treated as a criminal? You work in the marijuana industry -- you're a drug dealer. You very likely might end up being a convicted felon soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join