It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan electors cite threats over Trump vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

On Dec. 19, the 22-year-old Banerian is scheduled to join 15 other Michiganians to cast their electoral votes for Republican President-elect Donald Trump. But Trump’s opponents have deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton, according to the Michigan Republican Party.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’ ” he said. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”
SOURCE

The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. Under the circumstances we face, I believe they should be given special protection by local police and/or federal authorities.

Who would have imagined something like what's described in the story linked above in years past? Is it a completely new phenomenon in American history?

If it were in my power, I would treat the 538 electors as something like a sequestered jury or possibly put them in something like the United States Federal Witness Protection Program until they vote. What do you think is appropriate here?
edit on 17-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We have major problems in this country with people being delusional and doing this kind of stuff. The protestors protesting Trump being president have lost their minds. It is only politics, it is not supposed to be something you obsess over. I see the problem, it would have been the same way if trump would have lost. These politicians do not realize what they have created. People should not take politics personally, the politicians and media lie and make up all sorts of things. People thought the stock market was going to crash when Trump won, that was just something that was made up. If enough people would have believed it was going to crash, it might have as they sold all their stock. But nothing happened and the stock market has been stable and is breaking a record thanks to trump. But remember, the value of stocks is not real, it is based on belief, it is gambling.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Not a job I would want. And doesn't 22 seem a little young for such an important job?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

People have lost their damned minds!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I agree with you completely....this isn't the first time I have heard of the electors being harassed this election.....now that is truly deplorable. The election is done and the continued efforts to shoehorn Hillary into office make me sick

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What do you think is appropriate here?

you mean, outside of people should grow up and learn to be civil to each other??
I hope that everyone of those letters and emails, whatever that can be construed as a threat get tracked down by federal officials and in the least have the crap scared out of them... what they are doing should be considered illegal. those delegates or whatever you wish to call them, although I do believe they are free to vote against the the election result, should be free to follow their own conscious and not be coerced. that coercion is a threat to our democratic process!

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
These people who are threatening Trump voters have just murdered their own chances of EVER gaining themselves a leader ever again, and of course the choice they made was for a known criminal, and this matches their own actions in so many ways. No, they are not going to ever succeed again. Goodbye to the democrat party and the DNC forever. Their corruption loving ways have just sealed their fate.
edit on 17-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've repeatedly thought something "alien" has infiltrated and taken over the minds of these people who are acting out in the ways we've seen.

Anyone threatening the electoral college should be arrested. I can't imagine doing such a thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I am ignorant on this, but why are they voting? Isn't the election over? *confused*

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The votes have been "pledged" but not submitted until December 19.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

no need to do any of those things they just need to ENFORCE the laws!

you know why stuff like this didn`t happen 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? because you get your ass thrown in jail.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This is outrageous. I almost don't want to be on any media sites, social media sites, or even Above Top Secret for fear that I'll be subjected to more ignorant messages being spread, or ignorant arguments with name calling littered ALL throughout. I have to though, I have no choice. I've got to FIND my news, I can't be so lazy as to accept the fact that it will just HIT my phone, then depend on my phone to make a noise in order to catch my attention, then vibrate in order to remind me to look & again, pay attention! That also, cannot be the only time I read the news. I cannot allow the only information I receive to be from the sites I've "liked" and given permission to tap me or send me news, you know...the ones who say what I want them to say, right? We can only be informed, if we ALLOW ourselves to be, and when we SEEKinformation and seek the truth! The NewsHour, when there actually was one, was an hour agreed upon by the ones who agree on these things, where the American Public was to receive a FULL HOUR of news. It was meant to be uninterrupted and without commercial or advertising prejudice. The Newshour's purpose was to inform the ELECTORATE! What has happened? There are always 2 sides, there will always be 2 sides. What is the most powerful tool to give that "other" side even more arrogance and self absorbed righteousness? To allow ourselves to be used in their campaign to change this world. Remember there is always, and only going to be, one of 2 ways this world can be changed because we're actually at that tipping point. There are always 2 sides. It's so frustrating to read this report and learn there are threats like this being made on those who serve their country by representing the people, as they should! Seeing this makes it also obvious that NOT choosing a side, is still choosing a side, see?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Also bear in mind that the Electoral vote on Dec 19 is NOT the final step. The Electoral vote has to be ratified by Congress in January before it becomes official.

Hopefully by then, the popular vote count will be better known.

Too many votes remain uncounted and there appears to be valid disputes on millions of votes, mostly democratic.

edit on R552016-11-17T21:55:43-06:00k5511Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R562016-11-17T21:56:16-06:00k5611Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I can guarantee that groups linked to George Soros have something to do with this.

The terrorist activity from the regressive left seems to be getting worse and worse each passing day.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Also bear in mind that the Electoral vote on Dec 19 is NOT the final step. The Electoral vote has to be ratified by Congress in January before it becomes official.

I did not know that.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
id go all in for trump just to spite them all

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

you know why stuff like this didn`t happen 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? because you get your ass thrown in jail.

No , the Democratic Party used to have a high sense of decency ,moral character, and respect for the laws of the land.
You have the timeline of 20 years correct. The last true Democrat passed with Teddy , and the ProgLibs completely overran the Democrats. Took over the entire Party
From a true ex=Progressive Liberal Democrat.
Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Not a job I would want. And doesn't 22 seem a little young for such an important job?

Plenty old enough to go to war.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I don't believe him. He's self promoting and I don't believe these threats for one minute.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’ ” he said. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”

Banerian said he doesn’t fear the threat makers. He said many people are bolder on the keyboard than in person.

“They disturb me. But I wouldn’t say I’m afraid,” he told The Detroit News and then cut short the telephone conversation.

BS!

If this were true, the police/FBI would be all over it! He wouldn't be casually talking about it on the internet, there would be a huge investigation going on.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He could call the Justice Department, but they're the ones probably making the threats!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join