It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big pharma wont like this study.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by Riffrafter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Not a smoker, nor will I become one. I believe that legalization of Marijuana and it's THC containing brethren should be done. I think it's imminent in the next 10-20 years that the federal schedule will change. The only thing holding it back is big pharmacy's "studies."

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: spirit_horse
I never had any problems with opiates

At 630 MME for 25 years plus the tolerance you describe, I think you are deceiving yourself.

OK, I meant physical problems with liver and kidneys. I agree it was a problem. I feel 100% better after getting off all the massive amounts of meds.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

So, they really can't claim the drop in opiate prescriptions is ALL due to pot legalization. It is due to the war on pain patients...

I don't think they make any such claim.

They're just pointing out that doctors in states with a medical MJ program write fewer scripts for certain medications - on average - than doctors in states without a medical MJ program.

The factor you mention - "the war on pain patients" - would lower opiate prescriptions equally across all states and would not account for the statistics cited in the article, which show a drop in opiate prescriptions specifically in MMJ states in comparison with non-MMJ states.

Good point. Doctors in certain states have always been leery of the government even though it was common practice to write scripts after the campaign 15 or 20 years ago because pain patients were being under-treated for pain. Certain states like Florida were renowned for writing scripts to anyone with an x-ray. People came down here from states like Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and the Carolina's. So it seems to me to be much more complex. Other states which control licensing started cracking down before the new federal regulations because they were having problems. I live in Florida and you literally can get bud just about anywhere. I don't think the fact it was illegal stood in the way of people getting it prior to legalization. Of course when it is legal these people would move to the legal method. I would like to know more about the study and how they mitigated these other issues from their research.

edit on 18/11/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

LOL! Great idea...

Down here in Florida they are circumventing letting us grow meds. The state is highly regulating the process from growing the plants to distribution. All you can get is either vapor oils for e-cigs and oils for distribution. No actual bud and if you get popped for cultivating there is no exception for people using it medically. So, I can foresee the cost being at a level people just get it the old way. It is a step in the right direction though.

BTW, if medical patients get their name on the roster for legal medical use, you can no longer purchase or posess firearms.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: spirit_horse

That is a fantastic analysis
. The government has clamped down on all kinds of scripts recently. Heck even my Ambien which I used to get 3-4 refills per now requires a script for every renewal. So better statistical data is needed before cannabis is hailed as the reason for the decline.

Thank you! I agree it is much more complex than at first look. I am sure we will see research from both sides on this subject. If people think big pharma isn't going to come out with all manner of research showing the deleterious effects of pot they are sadly still sleeping.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

At 630 MME for 25 years plus the tolerance you describe, I think you are deceiving yourself.

OK, I meant physical problems with liver and kidneys. I agree it was a problem. I feel 100% better after getting off all the massive amounts of meds.

I'm glad you are on your way to being better.

Hopefully the new law in your state will help also.

Take care of yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I would be interested in perusing studies on effects of long-term cannabis use on mental health, the cardiovascular system, and road safety.

"I would be interested in perusing studies on effects of long-term cannabis use on mental health"
Feel free to watch a Cheech & Chong movie
Here's two movies i have thoroughly enjoyed Pineapple Express and Half Baked.
You can also watch old timey government experiments that were filmed they're all over YouTube.

"the cardiovascular system"
Probably not as bad as having to get some in a shady way in a shady area and the worries of your life just destroyed for possession/usage in some cases.
Probably would help with mental wellbeing not having to worry over said experiences.

"and road safety"
I don't understand why you're asking this questions? Hopefully this helps
All the greatest F1 drivers used to take "hits from the bong" that's why it's banned in professional car racing

Some research easy to find and interpret others not. Feel free to use your search engine of choice and come back with what you found.

edit on 18-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Typos

FYI I'm not being serious
edit on 18-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Added last paragraph to avoid people thinking what i posted is viewed as truthful

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm glad you are on your way to being better.

Hopefully the new law in your state will help also.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you for that!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Makes me furious with the anti pot dumbasses.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Their is a Spanish doctor who has been checking what pot does to cancer cells since the nineties, it seems to stop tumor growth by getting them to switch off.www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

those people live In fear of everything their tv tells them, its really not worth the energy getting upset with them, let them live in their fear induced psychosis .....

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I am in the same situation. Almost all pain clinics in WV have closed . So luckily a DR in Va is helping me for a few months until I can find another DR. But its been 4 months searching with no luck. I have 7 herniated discs, 3 in my low back that is pinching nerves, 2 in my mid back this is pushed up against my spinal cord and 2 in my neck and 1 failed back surgery. I still get treated like a drug seeker just trying to get help where I can get out of bed each day.

Next week I am going to the Dr to talk about getting the spinal cord stimulator put in. I really do not want to get it, but I have no choice as I am afraid I will be cut off all pain meds soon, which is sad for the people who really need help.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: apoc36

When you actually analyse the present state of the medical profession, you go to the Doc with a complaint, he gives you some pills that give you another illness, instead of the one you complained about, then when you complain about the one you didn't have before , he gives you some more pills , and so on...I know i'm being simplistic but it seems to me that with the present setup, surgeons are worth their weight, dieticians, should be. But the rest seems to be a money making scam, and the sad fact is the patient is culpable in this , as they expect a pill. Instead of good advice like get up off your ass and do some exercise, and stop eating crap. Probably to simple.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Publix pharmacies in have put 800k towards fighting legalization.

The numbers of opioid sales have plummeted in the states that legalized.

I have boycotted any further business with them, and I spent some real cash monthly on groceries

I hope their family doesn't get cancer and need treatment.

These opioid pushers are legalized heroin distributors

Wow!!! Now grocery stores (YES GROCERY stores they can call it Publix pharmacies for whatever legal/tax...reasons they want) know what's best for us. I am beyond filled with joy that my wellbeing is top priority and had no idea that i am in fact this moronic thank you so much. I think that if i was hungry and only had two options #1 being buy food from Publix or #2 eat a half eaten sandwich in a garbage bin on a blistering hot summer day well me thinketh #2 is the better choice.
edit on 18-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Reduced some sarcasm that even i thought was possibly too much.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

those people live In fear of everything their tv tells them, its really not worth the energy getting upset with them, let them live in their fear induced psychosis .....

I would have agreed 2 years ago.

With what is happening today. I'm not so sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: apoc36

I am in the same situation. Almost all pain clinics in WV have closed . So luckily a DR in Va is helping me for a few months until I can find another DR. But its been 4 months searching with no luck. I have 7 herniated discs, 3 in my low back that is pinching nerves, 2 in my mid back this is pushed up against my spinal cord and 2 in my neck and 1 failed back surgery. I still get treated like a drug seeker just trying to get help where I can get out of bed each day.

Next week I am going to the Dr to talk about getting the spinal cord stimulator put in. I really do not want to get it, but I have no choice as I am afraid I will be cut off all pain meds soon, which is sad for the people who really need help.

Get off opiates.

Best thing you can do for yourself.

I'd rather live with pain than be a zombie addict......

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Makes me wonder with the present knowledge with regards to opioid painkillers, their removal is to stop class action lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Pure ignorance. Even on a website that is pretty progressive, we have mioptic people who don't get it. And yes, I'm also a former medical professional.

Denny

top topics

<< 1   >>

join