It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK woman visiting Dubai arrested for extramarital sex for being gang raped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollz

A UK tourist has been arrested and charged in Dubai for having “extramarital sex” after she reported being gang raped by two British men.

Upon reporting the rape to local police, the woman was allegedly arrested for breaking Emirati law against extramarital sex, and faces years in prison or severe physical punishment, including flogging and stoning to death

The charges have been confirmed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

"Police regularly fail to differentiate between consensual intercourse and violent rape. Victims go to them expecting justice, and end up being prosecuted,”

Source

This is completely insane. A woman was gang-raped by two men in Dubai, so she of course did what any person in her position should do: she reported it to the police. The problem however is that in the Islamic UAE, there is no differentiation between rape and consensual sex... So now this woman who had been raped by two men could potentially be stoned to death for being raped.

You won't hear a word from the left...

I'm still trying to figure out how the left reconciles their feminist and gay positions with their acceptance of radical Islam. Makes zero sense to me.

That's because they pick and choose what they are tolerant of.

Oddly, this makes me think of Conservatives.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Yes it's exactly the same

I won't be responding to you any longer.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Painting Islam with a broad stroke like this is ignorant. Not all those who practice Islam practice the same religion. That's like saying Mormons represent all Christians.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I worked at The American Hospital, Dubai 10 years ago (Bin Laden had treatment there). I always found Dubai to be schizophrenic. On the one hand it tries to be a strict Islamic nation whilst at the same time desperately trying to be western friendly to attract businesses (oil export only accounts for 20% of GDP) and holiday makers. To give you an example, the internet censorship does not apply to the business/media district.

Supermarkets have a non-Muslim meat section (pork). Alcohol is available in hotels and you can get a license to buy alcohol to drink at home if you work there. I enjoyed the nightlife as well. I spent a lot of evenings in Trilogy or the Peppermint Club.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Gee I wonder how much more evidence we need before we admit that Islam is not compatible with Western civilization?

Islam isn't compatible with Human beings, and most within the Islam cult are either hurting each other, or someone else. I am glad to hear that Trump will not bow down to these Saudi animals like Obama has been doing. They are going to be boycotted until they learn to become compatible with planet Earth.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Painting Islam with a broad stroke like this is ignorant. Not all those who practice Islam practice the same religion. That's like saying Mormons represent all Christians.

Generally I view all religion as backward fairy tales.

But at the end of the day only one of those religions has gone out of its way to make the rest of the world submit to their barbarity.

That religion is Islam...Coincidentally Islam means Submit.

I won't submit to fairy tales.

The problem here is that we have this idea that we need to treat all philosophical thought as equals when we know that's bull#.

You wouldn't accept Aryan Nation mythology as a legitimate philosophy would you? No you wouldn't. You'd see it, rightly, like the barbaric enthnocentric dribble that it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

I could make this into, Gee I wonder how much more evidence we need before we admit that American culture is not compatible with Western civilization?

Hahaha!

It totally works as sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Though I'm not one I can say I know many who are fine with expanding rights of the LGBT community, and abortion. While they're not keen on expanding welfare systems but rather fixing them.

I live in an open minded community but am from Texas originally. Throughout my life I can tell you I can't count how many times I've heard someone define themselves as a social Democrat and fiscal Republican.

Times are changing and people are too. This election had nothing to do with open or closed mindedness.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I could make this into, Gee I wonder how much more evidence we need before we admit that American culture is not compatible with Western civilization?

That would be racist.

edit on 17-11-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Lets pick that one apart:
Most Western nations - 21st Century
India - Moving up
Most Middle Eastern Countries - At best , 16th Century
Next
edit on 11/18/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: projectvxn
Gee I wonder how much more evidence we need before we admit that Islam is not compatible with Western civilization?

Islam isn't compatible with Human beings, and most within the Islam cult are either hurting each other, or someone else. I am glad to hear that Trump will not bow down to these Saudi animals like Obama has been doing. They are going to be boycotted until they learn to become compatible with planet Earth.

What do we expect ? One Muslim group believes that the only way to bring on Heaven is to totally eradicate the other Muslim group from the face of the earth. And vice versa

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Article from RT, 'unidentified female victim' two British men who have now 'flown home'.....

The whole thing sounds like propaganda BS.

MR

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Dual Saudi-British nationals

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine. I've been in a similar situation before as far as the sexual assault goes. I couldn't imagine going through that, trying to get help, and then being locked up and punished further. I hope she gets home, and I hope they provide her with counseling because she will certainly need it after all this bs.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

...mormans and Christians are completely wildly different religions.
a better comparison would be protestants verses Baptists I think

Problem is, Wahhabism is becoming the top dog in islam, so that is what needs to be addressed (not like the other forms were fantastic..they just weren't so overtly bloodthirsty..but were still oppressive dictatorships) We can blame Saudi Arabia (and the Sauds) for that I suppose. they spend a lot of time and money in propping up extremist groups in order to destabilize any threat in their surrounding nations.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I couldn't imagine. I've been in a similar situation before as far as the sexual assault goes. I couldn't imagine going through that, trying to get help, and then being locked up and punished further. I hope she gets home, and I hope they provide her with counseling because she will certainly need it after all this bs.

-Alee

Totally agree with this, I hope she gets back safely also and gets counseling. I hope that the British government intervenes on at least some level to ensure she doesn't get stoned to death as the Islamic countries have been known to do

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Even if she was a slut, she shouldnt be punished

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

God Is Great. Please stop mocking the religion of peace.

Their culture is different. Islam empowers women, it's the new feminism.

Muslim Women Are The True Feminists

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollz

A UK tourist has been arrested and charged in Dubai for having “extramarital sex” after she reported being gang raped by two British men.

Upon reporting the rape to local police, the woman was allegedly arrested for breaking Emirati law against extramarital sex, and faces years in prison or severe physical punishment, including flogging and stoning to death

The charges have been confirmed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

"Police regularly fail to differentiate between consensual intercourse and violent rape. Victims go to them expecting justice, and end up being prosecuted,”

Source

This is completely insane. A woman was gang-raped by two men in Dubai, so she of course did what any person in her position should do: she reported it to the police. The problem however is that in the Islamic UAE, there is no differentiation between rape and consensual sex... So now this woman who had been raped by two men could potentially be stoned to death for being raped.

You won't hear a word from the left...

I'm still trying to figure out how the left reconciles their feminist and gay positions with their acceptance of radical Islam. Makes zero sense to me.

While it does make zero sense...there is a reason for this. The left, apparently believe that if they pretend their idea of Utopia will work...and act in a manner consistent with that idea, that it will simply happen. So in this case, their Utopia would include everyone in the world being tolerant of others and there won't be any hate. So they act based upon what they wish is true, ignoring the fact that it isn't. It kind of reminds me of a stupid child taking a cat and a mouse and making them "play" together...pushing each one closer to the other while mimicking words they may be saying like "Hi Mr. Cat..I am Mr. Mouse".

The only problem is...that usually results in a dead, dismembered mouse and a full cat. But at least the left can say they tried. Right????

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join