It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Reason Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn Shouldn't Be National Security Advisor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn's name has been floated for National Security Advisor since before the election and recent articles from the last 24 hours have it as an all but done deal, not least of which because of the fawning of Jason Miller.

It's bad enough that the guy has a far too cozy relationship with Russia that there hasn't been near enough time to fully investigate.

How can he be the National Security Advisor when he not only demonstrates an absolute inability to identify OBVIOUS propaganda, he allowed himself to become (we can only hope) an unwitting disinformation agent spreading it on Twitter:

"MUST READ!" Are you kidding me?

You'd think he'd be a little less "wreckless" with his tweets after the backlash over this antisemitic retweet from late June (which he deleted and apologized for):

Either he's complicit in spreading disinformation to the American people or he's a hapless stooge.
edit on 2016-11-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Or...he knows something the rest of us don't, as he has the access, the rest of us don't?
edit on 453k2016Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well that may just be another reason like you say. However the real problem is the fact that the US Government is an oil company with an Army. The regulation of Corporations so the right of the people supersedes the rights of the corporate interests is the only thing that could even help at this point.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Which is exactly the problem with a person that was the DIA director retweeting garbage from fake news sites. "Maybe he knows something we don't."

No, he doesn't have access to FBI or NYPD investigations simply by virtue of being the former DIA Director.

EDIT:

There are plenty of qualified people who don't have any of the issues that Flynn does.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wasn't sure about him, but now I see some attacks from the left, I know he is a good choice. It's the best endorsement anyone could get.
Let's hope Trump selects him.
edit on 17/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There are plenty of people who could be selected that "the left" will attack if that's the main determination for what makes a person qualified. (which is ridiculous btw — cutting off the nose of the country out of partisan spite isn't a laudable thing)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

There are plenty of people who could be selected that "the left" will attack if that's the main determination in what makes a person qualified.

It's the number one qualification.
I think Flynn has plenty of others to work with. He was magnificent on the campaign trail. He made total sense.
I particularly liked his speech at the RNC.

edit on 17/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the Left and the entire media attacking trump from every angle they could think of is part of the reason Trump got Elected and Hilary didn't. We don't trust the left or the media. Flin has my vote for that reason alone lol

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Cool. Sounds like a bunch of people foregoing critical thought in favor of herd instinct. That's how we continuously get the mess we get.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

saved us from a war with Russia, dollar was a 14 year high and prevented Hilary from gaining the throne she thought was hers to steal. I call that a win so far.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

We were never in danger of war with Russia. How can you honestly believe that? Because some halfwit Russian political nobody said so? Ugh.

The reason the dollar is high is because of speculation that we're about to have a serious uptick in government spending and that the Fed will be upping interest rates.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn is a great general and a true patriot. You're barking up the wrong tree...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

...but now I see some attacks from the left, I know he is a good choice.

No, you don't know.

& that's got to be the most baseless and imbecilic litmus test I've ever seen for selecting someone in charge of national security, especially when he can't even keep something he has access to that "the rest of us don't" off of his twitter account.

Lord almighty.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

i highly doubt Trump could possibly spend more then Obama lol Believe what you want on Russia, but if Obama and Hilary had their way, it would have happened. That's why Putin called Trump to congratulate him, even mentioning the chance to repair the ties between our two countries that Obama shredded.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
However horrible trump is....Hillary would have given us far worse IMHO....
Criminals in government....NO

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Cool. Sounds like a bunch of people foregoing critical thought in favor of herd instinct. That's how we continuously get the mess we get.

Critical thinkers always evaluate and work out the shortest path to an outcome. In this case, doing the opposite of what the hard left want is the short cut to success. It's a tried and trusted method developed over centuries.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn's name has been floated for National Security Advisor since before the election and recent articles from the last 24 hours have it as an all but done deal, not least of which because of the fawning of Jason Miller.

It's bad enough that the guy has a far too cozy relationship with Russia that there hasn't been near enough time to fully investigate.

How can he be the National Security Advisor when he not only demonstrates an absolute inability to identify OBVIOUS propaganda, he allowed himself to become (we can only hope) an unwitting disinformation agent spreading it on Twitter:

"MUST READ!" Are you kidding me?

You'd think he'd be a little less "wreckless" with his tweets after the backlash over this antisemitic retweet from late June (which he deleted and apologized for):

Either he's complicit in spreading disinformation to the American people or he's a hapless stooge..

And this post is not OBVIOUS propaganda?

At this point "close ties to Russia" shouldn't even be in the conversation when the "candidate of the people", Bernie Sanders, took his honeymoon in Soviet Russia.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This is great news.

He sounds like the right guy for the job.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We were never in danger of war with Russia. How can you honestly believe that? Because some halfwit Russian political nobody said so? Ugh.

And I quote:

As President, I will make it clear that the United States will treat cyberattacks just like any other attack. We will be ready with serious political, economic, and military responses - Hillary Clinton

But I suppose you wouldn't consider that inflammatory huh.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Critical thinkers always evaluate and work out the shortest path to an outcome. In this case, doing the opposite of what the hard left want is the short cut to success. It's a tried and trusted method developed over centuries.

What you just said is the antithesis of critical thought. It's lazy, reactionary ignorance. There's also no real "hard left" in the US, certainly not the center-right neoliberals that have been running the show at the DNC.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join