It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter Fraud that could very well affect this election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The McCrory campaign has alleged a voting fraud scheme involving mail-in absentee ballots, saying voters in a dozen counties – Bladen, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Guilford, Halifax, Nash, Northampton, Robeson, Vance, Wake and Warren counties – have filed protests and are seeking investigations that could invalidate ballots. The State Board of Elections is investigating "irregularities" with Bladen County absentee ballots, where volunteers might have helped people fill out ballots without disclosing that they did so, which state law requires. None of the other county elections boards has referred a protest to the state for review. The McCrory campaign said the election cannot be finalized until those complaints are resolved. Read more at www.wral.com...

link to source

We heard it many times, how the tiny amount of voter fraud would never be enough to affect an election. Well, with the total separation at less than 5,000 votes, if it exists, it very well could. This goes back to mail in ballots. If fraud is found, some areas might not be counted and that could have a significant impact on the numbers. This is still a wait and see campaign for NC as we have no idea who the Gov will be. Cooper has claimed victory several times now, but that may not be the case.

I have a feeling the voter ID will come up again here in the very near future, and this is a perfect example of why it's important. No, voter ID would not change the mail in ballots, but knowing how close this may actually, be, if we find any "deceased democrats" that voted as have in the past, you might see a change in the outcome based on nothing but that. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Saw that this morning.

Favorite part of the news clip was the interview with the guy saying that investigating anything to do with the election is oppression and disenfranchisement.

Weird how that always seems to come from one side but not the other.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was pretty shocked when I went to cast my early ballot here in Arizona. I walked up to the counter and said I needed to cast my vote. She asked me what city I live in and handed me a ballot.

I asked her "Don't you need my ID and voter registration card?" She said "Nope". Handed me a ballot and envelope and that was that. I was in dismay.

So apparently anybody could walk in there and cast a ballot???

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What difference , at this point , does it make ? Hell , give it to Cooper. The Dems worked hard for that one state election . That may well be why Trump took NC. They spent too much resources on corrupting a local election which diverted from the Clinton effort on a Presidential one

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
I was pretty shocked when I went to cast my early ballot here in Arizona. I walked up to the counter and said I needed to cast my vote. She asked me what city I live in and handed me a ballot.

I asked her "Don't you need my ID and voter registration card?" She said "Nope". Handed me a ballot and envelope and that was that. I was in dismay.

So apparently anybody could walk in there and cast a ballot???

Pretty much.

I still don't understand the argument against voter id- I'd love to be able to log into some database and confirm that my vote was counted the way I cast it.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The only way we will ever see a push for voter identification laws will be if the democrats ever find out they lost an election because of illegally placed votes.

I've said this numerous times on this site but I'll say it again because as of this past election, I know of ANOTHER vote that I COULD have cast, if I were of the lawbreaking persuasion.

I've mentioned in the past that (besides signing-off for my brothers that no longer live in our old town yet still show up on in the book) I could vote, as my self two times. One in my last address in the old town and one at my previous address in the old town.

I have mentioned on this site that my wife and I moved to a new town several miles away from our last place. Immediately after we moved into the new house I went to the DMV website to change my license address and my voter registration. On my way home from work I stopped by my old voting places and sure enough, there I was, still listed in two books for absolutely no good reason. Nobody would have batted an eye if I had voted in those two locations... prior to voting in my current, REAL location. (This is not the first time I had told the poll workers that I no longer lived in those areas... and I'm sure next time I check my name will still be there).

Although I've become a bit numb to some of the insanity in this nation, when I stop and think about the utter free-for-all that is our voting system.... I'm left without words.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

in this case, if fraud is found, they could eliminate some ballots. How many? I don't know. But it could cost Cooper his election. As it stands now, it looks like that won't happen, but this is far from finished.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So gun registration is good, voter registration is bad.

Both are rights.

Aren't they?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Most accounts of mail in voter fraud in the past have been perpetrated by the right. Either way mail in is far more susceptible to fraud and tampering than those that vote in person.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Most accounts of mail in voter fraud in the past have been perpetrated by the right. Either way mail in is far more susceptible to fraud and tampering than those that vote in person.

Nope.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

perhaps from your perspective that's true, but from where I sit, that just isn't the case, but fraud is fraud. Whomever commits it is wrong and could affect the outcome of this particular election.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How can we have a fair election with out voter id?
To vote you should have to show your id.
If your in the US but not a citizen you should not have the right to vote.

top topics

join