It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS very slow and glitchy for many members the past few days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi ATS management and Members,

I and many others have been experiencing a lot of trouble accessing and or interacting with ATS over the past few days.

Every other site I visit is as snappy and quick as usual. Running some network tests shows I am still operating at a blistering speed.

Has the site been experiencing software issues or net/access issues?

Also, a general question - where are the main ATS servers located, in the USA or abroad?

ETA - Although I've seen many other members post in other threads about this same issue affecting them, it might be useful if others who are experiencing this can also chime in. It would be interesting to see if the issue is localized i.e. all members on the east coast of the US, or if it is widespread.

Thanks.

edit on 11/17/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I'm in the Texas gulf coast and have had intermittent issues. Though usually only when I'm at home in the evenings, while at work during the day the site is usually quite zippy. Other than when the DNS servers were attacked last month and the entire internet was clogged up it's been pretty stable for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh, so it wasn't me then. The last few days I have experienced these "glitches" double and sometimes triple posting. Slowing, returning to the same pages without clicking and missing post.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm in Seattle, and have noticed that the main page loads quickly, however, clicking on "new" link causes the page to hang sometimes for 20 or more seconds before the relevant page appears. Refreshing seems to have no effect. It did it yesterday, and several days prior to that, but right now it seems to be fine.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Been glitchy for several months actually.

On and Off slowdowns.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I cant even scroll down on threads. They load, but thats it.
It took almost 3 mins for the reply box to come up for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Oh, so it wasn't me then. The last few days I have experienced these "glitches" double and sometimes triple posting. Slowing, returning to the same pages without clicking and missing post.

Yes I've experienced that too along with a bunch of other glitches.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yup....had those issue too.

And I agree it does seem much better today. Monday was a disaster, as was yesterday. I finally gave up.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Mn here. Been pretty slow and glitchy for me since yesterday.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's happened to me twice in the last few months for a few days at a time..
Oddly enough for me when it happens it's only ATS, and if I use a VPN it goes back to lightning fast..
I don't know what that means.

My ATS is not affected this go around.
I'm south east US

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
Mn here. Been pretty slow and glitchy for me since yesterday.

Peace.

Thanks - and BTW I'm in VA.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No issues here in Michigan on any devices, home, work, pads, PC's, ltops...nothing here. All normal the last weeks-month. 24/7...so, don't know...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039
I cant even scroll down on threads. They load, but thats it.
It took almost 3 mins for the reply box to come up for me.

Same here and it's maddening.

Or finally getting the reply box up, typing your reply and then when you go to post it, it can literally take a minute or two to respond, and then another minute for it to actually finish posting.

I think that might be contributing to the double and triple post problems people are experiencing, as they hit that button over and over trying to post, and the ATS software buffers those requests and then processes them - eventually.

I'm hoping someone from ATS can chime in here and let us know what they believe is/was causing the issues.

edit on 11/17/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wasn't able to flag threads or give stars for about 2 days. Everything else seemed fine.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Been glitchy for several months actually.

On and Off slowdowns.

Yes and for many of us and only on this site. I think we have gremlins or something

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Stop it with the gremlins already! Lol

ATS' current ping time is 64 ms, which is pretty good actually, so it's not a problem of service. Could be something in the coding of the pages themselves?

edit on 17-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Tonight hasn't been too bad. Yesterday evening it slowed to a crawl and prior to then it was slowing up. I had "connection reset" messages. Also, my first double post in a long time.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm a little disappointed that no one from ATS has stopped by to give us some info on this.

This is the right forum to be asking these questions, correct?

Whether they have or haven't experienced any issues on their end it would be helpful to know either way as this issue affected a lot of members.

Can someone from ATS give us some info?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I'm a little disappointed that no one from ATS has stopped by to give us some info on this.

This is the right forum to be asking these questions, correct?

Whether they have or haven't experienced any issues on their end it would be helpful to know either way as this issue affected a lot of members.

Can someone from ATS give us some info?

Ive noticed it too on several occasions ... I'm willing to bet its CloudFlare...they are great for mitigating DDoS attacks, but sometimes it can be a pain

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Here in Chicago/ Windows 10 / Edge Browser, ATS ZOOMS late nights, and on Weekends.. like right now. (Sat 1:00am CST)

It's during weekdays...especially between 3pm and 9pm that the site hangs up quite often. I attribute it to more traffic than what the server(s) is set up to easily accommodate. Most likely, it costs money to "fatten up" a server's capacity, just like it does to expand the width of an expressway. (We need that bad here in Chicago. It's too bad our city supported Hillary!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join