It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL EYES on Saudi Arabia: No Saudi Oil Says Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Starve the beast. I likes it, I does.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I LOVE hearing this.

We just found the biggest shale oil reserve in the US underneath our feet here. To add to a couple of other enormous reserves. Our rigs have been in the yard, and the workers have been struggling to make it to the next boom.

Lord, please let the next boom be here in 2017. We need it desperately out here right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Uhh, there are many reasons why no Western leader will ever invade Saudi Arabia. Trump may be crazy, but our generals, powerbrokers, and military alliances aren't.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Moreover, if we were energy independent, what would be the point?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Dubai Dubai oh my oh my.
I knew we weren't really "welcomed" there.

"A UK tourist has been arrested and charged in Dubai for having “extramarital sex” after she reported being gang raped by two British men.

Upon reporting the rape to local police, the woman was allegedly arrested for breaking Emirati law against extramarital sex, and faces years in prison or severe physical punishment, including flogging and stoning to death

The charges have been confirmed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office"

"Police regularly fail to differentiate between consensual intercourse and violent rape. Victims go to them expecting justice, and end up being prosecuted,”

Source. Right here people
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Moreover, if we were energy independent, what would be the point?

It would really depend on how that energy independence was achieved. If it's from simply rejecting energy supplies from other countries in favor of our own oil/natural gas/ethanol, it would prop up our domestic energy companies (and corn producers for ethanol) by giving them a monopoly on the market here. But if it's energy independence gained through massive wind & solar advances, it could theoretically help out environmentalists, reduce carbon emissions, etc.

Either version would also appease citizens who are against our oil-based wars and interventions; who are against buying products from specific countries they don't like; who work in those domestic industries, etc. But on the other hand, it would definitely spark a trade war. Prices for various things would skyrocket and the markets would probably crash since the countries we used to buy energy supplies from would likely start banning our products and operations in their countries.

Plus, one of our duties as the supposed "Leader of the Free World" is to ensure our global trade agreements are kept in place. There would be so many lawsuits against us in international litigation courts to pay the money lost on contracts that it probably wouldn't be worth it even if energy independence was achievable. Of course, that assumes we'd actually pay those fines & judgments against us. But if we didn't, those countries could just seize/nationalize American assets in their territories, sell off their US Dollars/bonds/treasuries. And that would probably start a war. So who knows.
edit on 17-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yay? I guess...

This all sounds "great", but what's the flip side?

With a new world order be made(Brexit, possible better ties between Russia and the U.S, The middle east remaining a mess, even more so with a Saudi mess.

And add North Korea doing whatever w/Nukes, there's gonna be a flip side to all this "Good News".

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Nice prediction. Ill save my ire for reality, though.

We don't get much hope out here in West Texas....this is an exception.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You will always have the Dallas Cowboys.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Huge find in Alaska, too.

Caelus Energy says it has discovered an estimated 6 billion barrels of oil under its current state leaseholds in Smith Bay, an area southeast of Barrow. The company says the wider Smith Bay area could contain as much as 10 billion barrels of oil.

"We drilled two wells this past winter and we're happy to announce today that we discovered some 6 billion barrels of oil in place and we think 2.5 billion barrels of oil are recoverable," Caelus chief executive and chairman Jim Musselman told KTUU.

Musselman described it as the largest oil find in Alaska over 40 years. The last big discovery was at Kuparuk River in 1969, he said. If all goes according to plan -- including raising between $8 billion and $10 billion in capital -- the field could start producing oil in late 2022, Musselman said.

www.ktuu.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Man! It really does seem like Trump wants to shake things up! (Pun not intended! Lol)

If he does even 1% of what he is talking about it'll be a fine day for America and the world at large! Say what you want about Trump, at least with him there is a fraction of hope for some change! We all knew Hillary wouldn't change/do a damn thing!

I have a feeling they're going to assasinate Trump!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
i say we need to form a coalition with Russia and Britain and put the kingdom and it clerics out of power. they have been brow beating the world too long they are the ones who attacked us on 9/11, they are the ones funding isis attacks around world.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oops
edit on 18 11 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: LifeMode
Tracking on this as well. Very interesting, especially the 800 billion dollar motherload believed to be in West TX.

The issue with that potential prospect though is quality being shale mostly (fracking). The oil is likely there but the cost to extract it way more expensive. Probably best scenario is to find some balance but not sure how. That light crude is cheap. I do think we have the upper hand though on Saudi. We could really hurt them. All they have is oil. Maybe they could pay us not to drill. I don't know?

It is offset by not having to transport it halfway across the world with shipping, paying other countries fees etc.

That and the price to extract it is constantly improving, it wind be long until near comparity with Saudi prices less the shipping you mention and the profit to the Saudis.

link   
Oops two
edit on 18 11 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I hope that country burns to the ground. They've been a thorne in the world's side for too long.

Not only does the US have its own supplies, we are at the cusp in other technologies so oil demand is really going to fall through the floor. American scientists working on crushing the oil cartel worldwide
. Once the technology is out there OPEC is done everywhere.
edit on 18-11-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Check your PMs

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I had my dislike of Trump and his childish nature, etc. But...after reading the OP, I hate to admit it - he's kind of growing on me (and I'm not even American!).

I hope he (and America and even the rest of us) can stick it to the Saudis and reject their oil.

Nice one, Mr Trump. Let's hope it works.

edit on 18-11-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Screw them and their Wahhabi beliefs .

Better late than never.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join