It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican pyramid has two more inside, scientists discover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Breaking News from Chichen Itza, 'El Castillo' is built upon 3 layers of pyramids like a russian doll, and they have now just found the original smaller structure at the center.

Experts have discovered a third structure within the Kukulkan pyramid in eastern Mexico, revealing that it was built like a “Russian nesting doll”, experts said on Wednesday. A 10m tall pyramid was found within another 20m structure, which itself is enveloped by the 30m exterior visible at the Mayan archeological complex known as Chichen Itza in Yucatan state. The smallest pyramid was built between the years 550 and 800, engineers and anthropologists said. The middle structure had already been discovered in the 1930s and dates back to the years 800-1,000 while the largest one was finished between 1050-1300. The discovery suggests that the pyramid, also known as El Castillo (The Castle), was built in three phases.

www.theguardian.com...

Archaeologists have discovered what may be the original structure built at the pyramid of Kukulkan at the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, experts said Wednesday. Last year, archaeologists using electrical imagining techniques found that the pyramid, which is also known as El Castillo, was built atop a subterranean river, or a cenote. Archaeologists have long known that a smaller pyramid is encapsulated underneath the visible temple. Researchers said Wednesday that they had detected an even smaller structure inside the other two structures. Using what is called tri-dimensional electric resistivity tomography, or "ERT-3D," they found a 10-meter (yard) tall structure within the 20-meter (yard) tall 'intermediate' pyramid that was covered over by the last construction stage, perhaps around 900 A.D. Read more at: phys.org...

phys.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

You beat me to it! Oh well, at least I can add a picture:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Time..
And dimension.

Cool.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Its been known for quite a few years now, the many such structures are built upon another, sometimes several times over as the ruling classes and ideology changes.

Back in the 1970's with books on the "alien-type" ancient civilizations...underneath the visible ones...fantastic glyphs and paintings, heiroglyphs and such were found intact underneath, many with still vibrant colors.

Seems to me a very reasonable way to reuse space...and its the same in many other cultures and places around the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Most excellent post

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

True, I find it amazing that even with relics that we have known and studied for so long there are still new discoveries being made.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I really like this story, but i am getting a flashback from the liquid mercury stories...

I call hoax, just because of the lack of evidence.

join