It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Warship Wrecks Vanish from Their Resting Places

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
From the guardian article

link

A recreational diving school in Malaysia told the New Straits Times last year that shipwrecks were being blown apart by with explosives by people posing as fishermen before their metal is removed.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Here's the part I like:

The British government says it is "distressed" by the reports and is investigating.

The Dutch defence ministry is to investigate the mysterious disappearance.

So, exactly how do you carry out these investigations? Check the water for fingerprints? Ask some of the local fish if they've seen anything "human-y" lately? Maybe break a few fins until you get some answers. Do you put Columbo or Clouseau on the case?

I really want to know how this investigation would go. When was the last time they were seen? Who was the last person to see them? Do they have an alibi? Maybe this is a job for Banacek. He was always good at finding large things that mysteriously disappeared. And he always got some action while solving the case. That's important.

I would thoroughly investigate Jennifer Connelly. She may have nothing to do with it, but that's the direction I would go.

😂

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Ongoing thread about this from the 15th and NO it is not aliens', Criminal grave robbers stealing from war grave's are responsible.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Very sorry. Here you go.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

No need for the apologies ! Thank you though

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No info here in the link Guys unfortunately!

Have you considered that the shipwrecks may have sunk further down due to plate movement?

We know Indonesia is the origination point of All global earthquakes, and right in this area the Sunda plate and Phillipine plate are under immense stress.

They will actually sink soon when the plate movements commence proper. Check 7/10 plate movements.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ah, well. Just a bunch of scumbag profiteers desecrating war graves.

Very sad. Sign of the times.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
this is indeed weird,
The world is awash in scrap steel, there is no way the metals from those ship would pay for the operation, and like has been mentioned in the articles, it would be a huge operation, with very very large cranes involved, and multiple ships involved and would take years. Some body would surely notice.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Titanic was iron wasn't it? She's largely still there. I doubt post Titanic iron has just completely rusted away.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's why the work of folks like Robert Ballard is so very important. These wrecks should be located and tagged so they may be properly protected from just such slimy characters.

This is something that UNESCO should be involved in, to help private contractors like Ballard defray the costs of these projects.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: charlyv
Pre-1945 steel is in high demand and expensive. All steel made after that has contamination from the nuclear tests after 1945. Steel used in the production of sensitive instruments cannot have even the slightest elevation in radiation.

Someone figured out a stealthy way to lift those ships and salvage the metal. IMO.

Not really true anymore - it was, to a degree, when there was a lot of radioactive dust in the air and instruments weren't built to correct for background radiation, but doesn't apply anymore.

Interesting though, I hadn't known about it before reading your post and looking it up. Th is Straight Dope article gives the most concise explanation I found.

There is still demand for instruments like MRI, CATScan, gas Chromatographs and Geiger counters themselves.
Even though new methods can reduce it , they cannot get rid of it completely. The constant recycling of steel after 1945 which was mixed with what was iron ore to make new steel, has left a trace in just about every bit of steel manufactured after that.
edit on 17-11-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
HMAS Perth is looking like a new victim...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Looks like things are looking bad in the Atlantic as well..
Dutch salvage

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join