It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozark Region (Missouri/Illinois/Arkansas) Bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

Habituator? you mean seeing something so much you get habituated to it? Sure! I get that. Really, sensing and smelling are better for detecting anomalies than sight.

And chickens are excellent at detecting weirdness.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: katfish

Habituators are visited....basically some unsuspecting homeowners get some new friends one way or another.

Animals definitely rely on instinct so much more so yes there are many reports that touch on what you are saying. I don't think I have heard of chickens specifically.

I live in Southern CA so probably not the best place for getting close but I try to make it to the sierras a few times a year.

I have seen many cases where habituators start from scratch and build very curious relationships based on trial and error knowledge going further to make any sense of the whole ordeal. Some dangerous, some seemingly completely free of harm. Some stay in the game and others run for their lives. Many opinions and experiences to share. At this point, there is a psychology that seems to develop as well.

Its all fascinating and I hope to get a chance to experience it for myself.

Also, some reach out for one creature, but seem to get another....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
North American bigfoots are the same way. They're curious about us. They watch us. If you happen to see one of them - know there are probably more of them around, keeping a close watch. Always look for things that AREN'T moving.

That land out there. The Ozark region. It's vast and dense, just as you say. Who knows how many undocumented species are hiding out there? I'd love to find out.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. In what ways might they be different from other Bigfoot. Such as; Would they maybe be an intermediate in size between the smaller Skunk Ape and the NW Squatch?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey this is a great thread. So happy to see crypyozoology and bigfoot threads on ats again. Thank you for making this thread.

I too think there are a few subspecies of sasquatch. Mainly due to habitat.

From what i can figure from reading reports is that there is the mountain/northern sasquatch. Forest (general,typical) sasquatch and southern lowland sasquatch (skunk ape).

It mountain/northern sasquatch are the largest and most robust and seem to have developed out of the pacific northwest mountains and spread down into the california sierras, branched out through the north into canada and across to maine. They seem more adept at the cold.

Forest sasquatches are the second largest. I think those are also found in the pacific north west but stay out of the higher mountains preferring the easier life in the deep forests. They are the most migratory and are the ones that have spread the most through out north america and are also the guys found in the midwest, michigan, ohio, eastern sea board down to the carolinas.

The lowland southern sasquatch (skunk ape) are the guys found from east Texas along the southern coasts to southern florida. They are the smallest but also the most aggressive. I think they move around less and stick to territories.

I think that theres a hybrid between the southern lowland and the forest sasquatch and that those live in the Oklahoma's, arkansas and northern alabama, georgia etc.

Then theres the sasquatch varients that have more of a baboon like face that some have claimed to see. Not sure if they are any more or less aggressive or not but have read that they appear more frightening due to their muzzle like mouths. Have read that they appear more lean and athletic as opposed to bulky and overly muscular like the typical sasquatch reports.

Then there is the new commer. Dogmen. Not sure if they are any more violent than sasquatches but they do seem to display more predatory behaviour.

I find the whole phenomena and topic fascinating.

Personally i agree with the member who brought up the Sasquatch Chronicles podcast and also Tim Coonbo Baker. Theyre pretty entertaining

Here are a few other good podcasts for sasquatch that i like to listen to.

Bigfoot Outlaws/Bigfoot Crossroads (bear and his buddy coonbos podcasts-by far the most entertaining )
m.youtube.com...

Bigfoot Hotspot Radio (sasquatch chronicles- ish)
m.youtube.com...

Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio (pretty solid witness encounters)
m.youtube.com...

Brenton Sawin Mysteries to Search (hes also got a bunch of good bigfoot witness stories. His podcasts cover dogman stories and also demon or other strange encounters. He doesnt shy away from having weird and unusual stories. But hes got some gems in there for bigfoot. )
m.youtube.com...

Big Truth (has some good witness interviews)
m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Wasnt hanobia were that family had a problem with extremely aggressive sasquatch. The BFRO didnt do squat when they came out and eventually the family shot at a few of the sasquatch to ward them off. Thats a scary story along with cowman and a few others.

Whats your take on the habituation tactic. Yay or nay? I think its a dangerous tactic to try and habituate. Sasquatches get anrgy apparently when you cut them off the free food. Maybe if the habituation involves non food items for gifting.

Then theres the off the deep end who believe sasquatch can teleport, cloak and transverse dimensions or are aliens. Shakes head at them.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Wasnt hanobia were that family had a problem with extremely aggressive sasquatch. The BFRO didnt do squat when they came out and eventually the family shot at a few of the sasquatch to ward them off. Thats a scary story along with cowman and a few others.

Whats your take on the habituation tactic. Yay or nay? I think its a dangerous tactic to try and habituate. Sasquatches get anrgy apparently when you cut them off the free food. Maybe if the habituation involves non food items for gifting.

Then theres the off the deep end who believe sasquatch can teleport, cloak and transverse dimensions or are aliens. Shakes head at them.

A lot of things happened in Honobia. Heh. It's a volatile place. I think I might recall the time you're talking about. They kept seeing red eyes when they shined the lights into the woods and they just sort of opened fire and the BFRO were all like "are they sure they're not just shooting at racoons?" Organizations are the worst, I swear (except Oregon Bigfoot because Autumn Williams is awesome).

Habituation. Hmm. Well, as a bass player, you know there are two types of harmony: dissonant and consonant. Habituation allows a family or individual to live in harmony with the Forest Folk, be it dissonant or consonant. If you allow the Bigfoot to habituate you, you're living with them in consonant harmony. If you try to habituate them, you're living with them in dissonant harmony. You must always let them be in control. These are not the stupid monkeys so many people think they are.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

Interesting. But I am not reaching out. I want to have an awareness and the ability to keep them safe so they can just do their thing. I think the Ozarks may be one last safe area for them (whichever thems there are).

I learned LaClede gas company bought many hundreds of acres of land (including land under the Missouri river!) ages ago. There is a thick layer of granite, and under that, vast caverns and "salt domes". They get some oil, and they can also store gas in them.

This means hundreds of acres on both sides of a shallow crossing of the Missouri river will be untouched for (hopefully) a long time. I suspect the ability to move freely in search of food is critical.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This is fascinating. And yes to all of it. I won't attempt to have them come to me. I will live with them.
I never expect to "see" any of them. Every sighting I had of Folk and spirits are accidental. And fleeting, which is just fine.

I agree that one hopes to see one thing yet gets another. It's actually not up to us. I went on a ghost tour in Alton, IL and the leader commented that the ghosts "liked" me. I was not a bit afraid. At one place, a light flashed over my head. Two days later, we found out my father in law had killed himself, probably the day of the ghost tour. He flashed our refrigerator lights, and our dining room lights, for weeks until I told him it made me sad.

Thankfully, the population who hunts works to keep our woodlands "wooded". Ducks Unlimited, Conservation, etc. The Sasquatch need a lot of room.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks for participating! I will get my bass out after Thanksgiving and give it a workout, in honor of you.

The links will be great to work through. I am open to seeing all of it.

Fish species evolve/mutate in response to habitat. Probably all species do. In our area they would do best on acorns and fish.

As for aggressive ones, my theory is those ones are ill and have lost reason. It is a suicide move to attack humans. BUT if these Sasquatch had a diet of human food scraps, their gut bacteria would go crazy, causing mental issues. Humans with bad gut bacteria have major mental health issues (I have had them).

Dogmen? I got nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Camp in the Ozarks. You can get nice cabins, as well as primitive sites. Winter is so quiet and most times, mild. But extremely easy to get lost. Carry a compass, map, water. The winter air is VERY dry and you can lose consciousness FAST from dehydration. Fall and winter I don't take the dog for a walk without water. Seriously.

But out there, in all that quiet, you can easily relax and let your observational abilities work.

Contact me for info. It is a cheap trip, relatively speaking.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

you hit the nail on the head. all the podcasts you recommend, I will second in recommending as well! They are all amazing resources and possibly the best at this current time in Bigfoot and cryptid information. I especially love Brenton Sawin. Great channel. The wealth of information is crippling.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Thanks for encouraging these links. I need to sit down and read more.

The wealth of species on our planet is a constant source of fascination for me.

Why not more hominids?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: katfish

In you're interested in dogman, then you should check out two more highly recommended you tube podcasts:

Dogman Encounters Radio - deals exclusively with dogman, has over 100 episodes at this point of solely reliable encounters. LOTS of information, very credible.

www.youtube.com...

Dark Waters - another you tube channel, extremely high quality. Self described "true horror" or "true crime" style. He deals with dogman, bigfoot and other paranormal issues. He personally investigates each case face to face and has had his own dogman encounter. His style show is unique as he doesn't just interview or tell stories. He creates a whole atmosphere using interviews, F/X, music, to recreate the actual atmosphere of the experience, very immersive stuff and he has a background in radio so he knows what he's doing. He was even featured on Coast to Coast and Darkness Radio not too long ago.

In particular you're going to want to checkout the 3 part series titled "Dogman Siege Of Lockett Ranch". One of THE most incredible true stories i've heard of regarding Dogman that was passed on father to son detailing an almost all out war with a pack of them during the 40's on a remote property in the south.

www.youtube.com...

Both you tube channels are real no non-sense channels. Great Stuff. Dogman encounters are on the steady rise it seems and to me they are out there just as much as bigfoot. They have even been known and have been seen having disputes with each other over territory and food. For me I didn't buy into dogman right away, but after a year of solid research into the subject it went from a joke to irrefutable imho.
edit on 18-11-2016 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Thanks much! I shall check that out since I know so little about the dogman phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The most reports on Sasquatch in the past couple years, are in Jackson Co, Missouri by Grain Valley. The people describe an 8 ft tall being who calls out.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I say since were all like minded we should post links to interviews or podcast episodes after we listen to them if we think theyre worthy of sharing.

Also links to good reports as we come across them. Just in the spirit of sharing.

For instance i just listened to this recent Sawin episode. A Game warden gets put in the hospital by a pair of sasquatch. They broke his ribs. Gashed his back up knocked him out. Draged him several yards and killed his dog right in front of him.

Pretty hairy story if true.
m.youtube.com...

Heres a classic from coonbo and company. Sasquatch gets inside a house.

m.youtube.com...

Hey if any of you guys have any good links to cases where the bigfoot try and enter a house id love to see em. Those in particular are a guilty pleasure of mine. I love listening to them late at night in bed.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

GREAT IDEA!!
POST AWAY!

I am trying to dig up first person stories about sightings.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hey guys, im back again.

So heres a interesting interview. Its about the Spotsville Monster. (Sasquatch) roughly around the 13 minute mark the witness relates casually some interesting bigfoot behavior. He says it in passing and i dont think even he realizes what the behavior meant.

He basically says. The sasquatch would harass the house occupants to the degree that theyd call the cops. Once the police would roll up theyd go hide in the woods and wait for the police to leave. Once the police had left theyd come immediatly back out and harass the house occupants.

Theyd repeat this game over and over until the police wouldnt even bother responding to their calls.

To me this is interesting because its basic reconn tactics used by special forces commondos.

You essentually trigger an alarm. Scoot n hide. Let the security come investigate, find nothing then leave. Repeat enough times and security doesnt even bother showing up when alarms are triggered. Thinking its a faulty alarm and ignoring it.

Then the soldiers can waltz right in as they know nobodies coming if an alarm is triggered.

You think these sasquatch were using similar tactics to disarm the response of authorities so they could harrass the now defensless homeowners at their convenience and or raid the home for food. All of it being like a big set up.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 29-11-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: katfish
BUT if these Sasquatch had a diet of human food scraps, their gut bacteria would go crazy, causing mental issues. Humans with bad gut bacteria have major mental health issues (I have had them).

Unless their immune system has adapted like the Red Fox. They don't have antibiotics to contend with after all!

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
To me this is interesting because its basic reconn tactics used by special forces commondos.

Perhaps they were simply being curious / playful in regards to something that is "evolutionary novel" such as flashing lights, sirens, uniforms, etc, and that novelty being in response to their actions (cause and effect)?!

<< 1    3 >>

join