It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are going to try and control what you can read!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
For those who seem to support this movement, you do realize that can cut in ways you don't expect...like even this website.

Yes, I mean ATS.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If there is anything we have learned from this election, it is that the Right Wing in general falls for anything that is put in front of them as long as it fits their confirmation bias.

Gee and some how what I learned from this election was that the right wing saw through all the bs no path for victory on the electoral map, nobody cares about emails, and she didnt really call us deplorables enough to actually show up and vote; and convince enough of those undecided to vote the same way.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
For those who seem to support this movement, you do realize that can cut in ways you don't expect...like even this website.

Yes, I mean ATS.

Of course. Look at how many think the earth is flat; we never walked on the moon; airplane's are trying to kill us with emitted gasses. How many think Hillary Clinton is a serial killer. Of course it's here. Idiocracy is in full bloom, and we owe a lot of it to the internet.

And yes, of course we have free speech and they can do it. Sadly and obviously many if not most people are unable to discern what is real, from what is not.
edit on 11/16/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How quickly they are taking us down the road censorship. 1984 Newspeak is just around the corner

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yes, I mean ATS.

LOL what "movement"?! It was a friggin observation...a statement....there's no movement

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Some people believe anything they are told to as true.

Yes, and that is the problem. As angeldoll pointed out, there are teenage kids in Europe that were able to make tons of money by creating fake Right Wing sites that spread lies and hoaxes. That means there is a market for that type of content.

Breibart is no different. Fox is not as bad, but they are bad. And Right Wing radio is nothing more than an echo chamber itself.

We should take notice and call them out, but far too many people are dependent upon that disinformation and hoaxes to keep their political beliefs alive.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Yes, I mean ATS.

If it rids ATS of false information,I'm all for it

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

what about buzzfeed salon daily mail and countless other left wing propaganda websites

basically as long as they control the propaganda they won't censor it

the true problem is confirmation bias

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Gee and some how what I learned from this election was that the right wing saw through all the bs no path for victory on the electoral map, nobody cares about emails, and she didnt really call us deplorables enough to actually show up and vote; and convince enough of those undecided to vote the same way.

You are a great example of what I am talking about.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

what about buzzfeed salon daily mail and countless other left wing propaganda websites

basically as long as they control the propaganda they won't censor it

the true problem is confirmation bias

Yes, we have to be careful on both sides. But we also have to recognize that the Right Wing propaganda machine and the level of indoctrination is at alarming levels on the Right.

They fall for hoax after hoax, lie after lie without a shred of intellectual honesty.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

That is simply not true.

Twitter banned several (not all!) members for "hate speech". Which those persons did.

Now on to the next question: Is a company allowed to do as they want on their own property? (Twitter-company on twitter.com)

Isn't there some code-of-conduit or terms of service on Twitter? Well, there is a list of Rules. And hate-speech is one of the forbidden items on that list!

Edit: I can't access the us-american version of those rules. I hope dearly that the same paragraph about "NO HATE SPEECH" is in there. If not, I will provide the google.translate-version of the German version of this paragraph:

Hateful behavior: They must not promote violence against others, directly attack or threaten them, if these statements are based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability or illness. We also do not allow accounts whose main objective is to inflict harm on others based on these categories.

edit on 16 11 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Seriously, as soon as a website does relieve you of having to think for your own - by presenting emotions, echochambers etc. - this website is nothing you should use further.

Think your own thoughts.

If that is too hard for you, you may continue to visit such sites. But don't be insulted if their content isn't valued much.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Can you just one time discuss the OP without bringing up left & right? You are capable of discussing something without putting your "spin" on it, aren't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Of course you can't refute the points I posted.

You keep it up with the right wing is the devil though; that must be the marching orders this week. Had to be some kind of shenanigans people don't just show up to vote like that.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

That is simply not true.

Twitter banned several (not all!) members for "hate speech". Which those persons did.

Now on to the next question: Is a company allowed to do as they want on their own property? (Twitter-company on twitter.com)

Isn't there some code-of-conduit or terms of service on Twitter? Well, there is a list of Rules. And hate-speech is one of the forbidden items on that list!

Literally looking a at a bunch of left twitter account's that are calling for assassinations and death of white people still up and runing with no problems. The bias is very obvious. I would like to correct my early statement, I should have said "Massive swaths of" instead of implying all. Sorry about that.

And yes, It's called proxy censorship. Using private corporations to censor people with out breaking the constitution.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If there is anything we have learned from this election, it is that the Right Wing in general falls for anything that is put in front of them as long as it fits their confirmation bias.

Nate Silver's comprehensive analysis of the national and state-specific polls gave Trump a 30% chance to win on the day before the election. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Furthermore, it was widely acknowledged that there may have been more uncertainty in this election than in previous elections.

The reason nearly all the polls got it wrong is because voter turnout did not follow any easy-to-forecast historical precedent.

And in the days leading up to the election, there were so many completely false stories published by the alt-right that it's impossible to list them all. I mean, stories that were completely made up.

I've commented plenty on those stories.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Can you just one time discuss the OP without bringing up left & right? You are capable of discussing something without putting your "spin" on it, aren't you?

What I am speaking about is exactly what Obama was referring to.

It may be uncomfortable for some to talk about, but the Right Wing propaganda and disinformation machine is light years beyond anything the Left has.

We need to discuss this because it is that machine that got Trump elected.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Of course you can't refute the points I posted.

You keep it up with the right wing is the devil though; that must be the marching orders this week. Had to be some kind of shenanigans people don't just show up to vote like that.

I did not see a point in your post that was worth responding to. But you, again, give us an example of what I was talking about.

I have an opinion different that yours, so I must be following my marching orders, huh?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a jab at WikiLeaks.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No, it is in their own terms of service.

If you think that those other accounts you mentioned are violating the rules, just report them? Maybe they didn't show up on twitters own radar yet?

If you reported them and you have proof of that, you might sue. I heard that is a favorite pastime in the USA..

edit on 16 11 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join