It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stranger asked me to marry her today...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Was she drunk? You mentioned you were at a bar. If there was alcohol involved, just forget she said it. Haven't you ever had a dumb idea when you're drunk? Sounds to me like she made a silly drunk comment. She's probably cringing today, every time she thinks of it and hopes you knew she was just drunk.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well, Hell, just stop and think with your higher head.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

She didn't drink anything in my presence. In fact, drinking alcohol was mentioned when we were out and she refused. I saw no signs that she was intoxicated at all. It's highly unlikely that she was given the fact that she had to work early in the morning. I would say the probability of her having drunk any alcohol before we went out is nearly 0%.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh! Well then she's a weird chick and probably was trying to be cute or funny. I would carry on like she didn't make her strange little joke.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Tell her to join ATS...We'll grill her for you.

Like with Kingsford?

er...well...yeah.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If I had a dollar for every time a woman asked me to marry her...I'd have even MORE women asking me to marry them.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Calm down....no one is slathering her with BBQ sauce lol

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Oh! Well then she's a weird chick and probably was trying to be cute or funny. I would carry on like she didn't make her strange little joke.

She changes her voice a lot depending on what she's trying to express. Judging by the sound of her voice, she was being deadly serious. The other person in the room didn't see it as a joke, and she showed no signs that it was a joke. When I ignored her she seemed a bit disappointed. Based on what happened after that, she seemed to show interest in getting to know me better. It's not a big deal to me because I wasn't too attracted to her. There just were no signs that she was joking at all, and the other person in the room didn't see it as a joke.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seriously, she was probably just complimenting you on your singing.
I find women are much more compliant when I continuously hum sitcom theme songs to them.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you're not really attracted to her...just be nice to her, but don't lead her on. She'll move along...maybe you'll eventually become friends.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I find women are much more compliant when I continuously hum sitcom theme songs to them.

That's my secret too. The ladies are putty in my hands when I hum out the tune from "the facts of life" on them.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Kansasgirl is pretty much spot on what I was thinking. But that may mean she wants to enjoy your company more. If you are not committed, just plow her good for awhile and then drift apart. That should take care of things in a 6-8 month window

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Calm down....no one is slathering her with BBQ sauce lol

I am insulted you would think that.

I would never 'slather' anything with BBQ sauce. I would apply it sparingly this way the main ingredient's flavor can shine through.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

May be she has a unique/keen sense of humor (like me sorta)

She could have done it on a dare.
been drunk.
or both.

She could be kind of nutty. Which seem the kind attracted to me.
(and visa-versa).

Regardless......
This situation has potential and possibilities.
I'll leave that closing statement ambiguous on purpose.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

That's my secret too. The ladies are putty in my hands when I hum out the tune from "the facts of life" on them.

Two Words: 'Different Strokes'.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

She does not appear, from your own words, to be a stranger.

That being said, unless there was some manner of preamble, some sort of connection happening between the two of you that had the pull of ten thousand suns, and all the heat attending to such an amalgamation, then I question her blurting such a request!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Depending on her nationality, culture and upbringing, she could very well be pressured by family and/or friends to find someone and settle down. Perhaps even moreso with a foreigner such as yourself. It may be weird, and her mental health may not be entirely sound, but just shrug it off and move on. To make sure you are both on the right foot though, it might be worth talking to her and finding out what the situation is.
edit on 16-11-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Let me put it politely, is she playing with a full deck of cards? If she was after citizenship you could ask her how much she is willing to pay. Oooops, oops, sorry that's against the law. Ignore that comment. Like it's not as if loads of other men and women are cashing in on this scam!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to:
just plow her good for awhile and then drift apart.

What means this, "plow", is like farm girl, no?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A young lady asked me once to marry her on the 3rd date. I refused . Then I spent 6 months trying to renege on my refusal
38 years later......and happy as can be.
Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join