It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Croc Pot recipes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Just looking for some of your favorite Croc Pot recipes.

Thanks!

CJ

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

I've got a great one! This and a pan of cornbread is all you need for a very filling meal. Simple, delicious and the crockpot does all the work.

I do this in layers, not mixing till it's ready to serve.

You need a lean roast, potatoes, carrots [ I use the baby carrots ], 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and 2 jars of Heinz Mushroom Gravy.

Peel and cube the potatoes, then spread them across the bottom of the crockpot. Peel and cut the carrots in to bite size [ or use the baby carrots ] then add.
Trim the fat and cut your favorite type of roast into bite size squares, brown in a skillet, then add. Drain and pour the 2 cans of crushed tomatoes on top of that, then the mushroom gravy.

Do this in the morning, set the crockpot on medium and it'll be ready by dinner. The meat just melts in your mouth.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Here is my favorite and about the easiest you will ever find. It is
excellent for a no-bother holiday meal:

Stud a beef roast (of any kind) with garlic segments (or use powder or minced garlic), throw into the crockpot with 3/4 cup of water, three or four bay leaves and sprinkle on the meat two tablespoons of Italian seasoning, cook on low for several hours if not overnight. You can spice up the pot with adding sweet onion and hour or so toward the end or not.

When the meat can be pulled apart with a fork, it is done. Pull it apart and allow to simmer awhile in the juice. Serve on onion buns. The smell will fill the house and drive you crazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is a good stick to the meat on your bones recipe..

Take a chunk of beef..I use shoulder roast..but any beef will do. (ive used ox tail too)
coat in flour, salt, pepper and pan sear in oil until deep brown on all sides.
while beef is still in pan add one whole diced onion and as much chopped garlic as you can stand
add to pan and caramelize. add mushrooms ( I use whole container)
pour in 2 cans of beef consume or about 2 cups of really good beef stock
place in oven or crock pot for 4 or 8 hours...this comes out DEEP Brown..almost like Salsbury steak..it's rich and filling and very savory
It only takes about 20 min to prepare..the oven/crock does the rest..

I serve with mashed potatoes

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

We do that with a large pork roast, [ well, minus all the ingredients ] pull it apart, then add hot and spicy BBQ sauce. Makes great sandwiches. Just serve with pickle, onion and chips.
edit on 16-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So a couple things...

1. I think you could pick up a dead cat on the side of the road and throw it in a crockpot with some onions and golden mushroom soup and after 8 hours people would think Gordon Ramsey himself had prepared them a meal!

Needles to say, I love crockpots and crockpot cooking!

2. Sadly though, because of all the attorneys running around suing everyone (for everything) these days most modern crockpots now operate far too HOT (even on their low setting) to set them in the morning before you leave for work and return home afterwards to something less than charred smoldering wreckage. It's the old "40/140" rule taken to the extremes. Modern crockpots attempt to pour the coals to the food to get it to 140 too fast which results in over-cooking in the long haul. Even most "low" settings will cook at well over 220 which is just too hot.

I've been on a quest for a crockpot where you can do this like you used to be able to do with the originals, but to no avail so far (and I've been through a bunch of them too!). The KitchenAid comes close, but they have issues with the ceramic which creates a (real) safety issue/fire hazard. And...the issue actually happened to me so I know it's real.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I know this sounds stupid,but I used to work for Croc's and used to bust kids for smoking pot in the parking lot lol not a recipe but a reality

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm just a simple person. A rack of pork ribs, BBQ sauce, usually two ordinary containers and there it is. Put it in in the morning, pick a forkful bite at about 2:00 and eat in the late afternoon. Works for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Mexican Shredded Chicken
Easy Easy and Yummy Yummy

Serve warm.

1. In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, toss chicken with half of the taco seasoning mix to coat evenly.
2. Top chicken with salsa. Stir until well combined. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker to bowl. Shred chicken with 2 forks.

I then fix up tortilla shells and taco fixings and make wraps.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've got an older model that gets the food "hot"....but not HOT, if ya know whatta mean. A meat thermometer stuck in a roast, reads 170 on "Medium" after 8 hours. "High" is a strong simmer at 200, but does not boil, no matter how long you leave it. "Low" is very good for vegetables, because I like mine El Dante, not mush.

My ex wife borrowed it and hasn't brought it back yet, or I would give you the name brand. Isn't it funny that you can own something for years, but never remember the brand?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I've noticed this too, new models get too hot!!

thankfully, I've got an older one that works great.

onions and carrots on bottom, lay your roast on top. add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a couple of tablespoons of Winchesters sauce. cook 10 hours on low. a few hours before finishing add potatoes. yummy!

it hasn't gotten cold enough here to break out the crock pot, almost 80 today in Denver, ugh.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So a couple things...

2. Sadly though, because of all the attorneys running around suing everyone (for everything) these days most modern crockpots now operate far too HOT (even on their low setting) to set them in the morning before you leave for work and return home afterwards to something less than charred smoldering wreckage. It's the old "40/140" rule taken to the extremes. Modern crockpots attempt to pour the coals to the food to get it to 140 too fast which results in over-cooking in the long haul. Even most "low" settings will cook at well over 220 which is just too hot.

I've been on a quest for a crockpot where you can do this like you used to be able to do with the originals, but to no avail so far (and I've been through a bunch of them too!). The KitchenAid comes close, but they have issues with the ceramic which creates a (real) safety issue/fire hazard. And...the issue actually happened to me so I know it's real.

I have a new Hamilton Beach. It is a ceramic insert one. I always cook on high heat.
Any cut of meat comes out tender and perfect.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
This is a good stick to the meat on your bones recipe..

Take a chunk of beef..I use shoulder roast..but any beef will do. (ive used ox tail too)
coat in flour, salt, pepper and pan sear in oil until deep brown on all sides.
while beef is still in pan add one whole diced onion and as much chopped garlic as you can stand
add to pan and caramelize. add mushrooms ( I use whole container)
pour in 2 cans of beef consume or about 2 cups of really good beef stock
place in oven or crock pot for 4 or 8 hours...this comes out DEEP Brown..almost like Salsbury steak..it's rich and filling and very savory
It only takes about 20 min to prepare..the oven/crock does the rest..

I serve with mashed potatoes

This is what I will shop for and cook tonight. YUMMM

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was not aware, however you are right. I have often thought to myself that the cooking temps were a bit too high.a reply to: reldra

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Over in the homebrew world there is gadget that I have been lusting over years. You stick it into the outlet, it has a temperature probe insert which goes in the freezer (in the case of brewing beer), and a dial (now it is digital) that you set the temp you want. The probe goes in the freezer. You set the temp and voltage cuts off if the freezer gets too cold. That way you make lager beers in a freezer without freezing your beer.

They have one for heating as well! Check it out: bayite BTC201 Pre-Wired Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2 Stage Heating and Cooling Mode, 110V - 240V 10A (amazon). So in this case, you hook your slow cooker up, pop in the probe, set the temp on the regulator, crank you slow cooker on high, and let the regulator do the temperature control! You need a manual slow cooker as the digital one would reset if the electricity is cut but there you go! In full control from 53 - 223 degrees.

Heck, I am thinking about getting one for homebrewing. But if it also works on a slow cooker... maybe Santa will be nice to me this year!

Sorry OP! I do not own a slow cooker yet. I was thinking about those 6- or 7-in-one pressure cookers but might need to go to the pawn shop for an old slow cooker now! I had to share the tech!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Root Beer Pulled Pork:

- 3 lb pork sirloin roast
- 2 medium onions sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 4 cups of root beer
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup of bottled Heinz chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- toasted hamburger or kaiser buns to make pork sandwiches

Trim off excess fat from meat. Rub salt and pepper all over your roast. In a hot pan with a bit of oil, sear your roast on all sides until golden brown.

Transfer roast to slow cooker, add onions, garlic, and one cup of the root beer. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until meat is fork tender (or on high for 4-5 hours).

Meanwhile prepare sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine 3 cups of root beer and chili sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, whisking occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until mixture has thickened and is reduced down to about 2 cups.

Remove roast from crockpot. Using a slotted spoon, remove onions and set aside. Discard crockpot juices (unless there is very little juice in the bottom, then you can just leave it in). Place roast back into crockpot and using two forks, shred your meat into small pieces. Add back in the onions, and add your rootbeer sauce. Toss everything to coat evenly with the sauce.

Spoon pulled pork and sauce onto toasted hamburger buns. You can also add whatever fixings you like in your pulled pork sandwiches like lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Pork is awesome in the crockpot!!! Just awesome!!

I don't think anyone could screw up pork butt/roast in the crockpot!!

Great recipe too!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Keep those recipes coming! I will try to post up a few of mine

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

spam removed by staff

edit on 21/11/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join