It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What band is underrated in your opinion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
These guys missed the Seattle grunge explosion because they, as a band, all went to rehab at the same time. They attend NA and AA meetings. Meanwhile, there was some band named, Nirvana?, I think that was conquering the world.

These guys are the band all the other grunge bands wanted to be! The reason grunge bands do not do guitar solos is because nobody could match up to them. Minor popularity, they get a mention in the movie Singles as being the opening act for which ever Dillion that was. And they are still referred to as the "grand daddys of grunge" so that is something I guess. This is from the last of the "classic" Sweet Water-sounding albums as they ended up firing their guitarist for indulging in [some unstated substance]. From that album, Superfriends...

Sweet Water - Cake and Strychnine

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Soil

Not be confused with another underrated band, Soilwork.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You forgot 3 Doors Down and Cold Play.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
You forgot 3 Doors Down and Cold Play.

I forgot nothing. I just didn't want to overwhelm everyone by mentioning too much awesome in one thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Good Brother Earl
&
Great Lake Swimmers

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Soilwork is a great band! You know, for when you are in that mood to just rock! The drummer is awesome! And the fact the singer wears one my favorite band's t-shirt on stage is icing on the cake! That band, New Model Army.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

They really are a great band! Coincidentally enough, I found them looking for Soil songs. Never heard them on a bill in my area but I'll keep a look out, assuming they are still together and touring.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

As far as I know they are still touring. My buddy is huge fan. We always watch a u-tube concert when I hang out with him which is where I pointed out the NMA shirt. Looks like Justin Sullivan sang on one of their albums too. Now to track my friend and borrow his CD (just to see what the cover looks like, of course! lulz).

They do a lot of the festival circuit during the summers in Europe.

edit on 16-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

edit on 16-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: elided over word again today

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I just checked and holy hell, those guys are road dogs! All over Europe but nowhere in the states over the winter.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Devo, Toadies, Fishbone, i'll think of some more later.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Some awesome bands here, thanks for all the input! Keep 'em coming

If any of you are Deftones fans, check out Crosses, another one of Chino's side projects.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

I remember when White Pony came out. Then I remember hearing Passenger and my mind kind of shook. Trying to rationalize what I heard with my preconceived notions on life, I was 17 and thought I knew everything. What a great album even till this day.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Midway still...best live band I ever saw better then the band they supported Nirvana.

Another one is Veruca Salt only because I had such a crush on the guitarist

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I was never really into them until college. One of my roomates LOVED My Own Summer and played it constantly. I listen to them a lot now, made myself a nice little playlist on Spotify. I think the thing that draws me to them the most is their ability to change a little bit with each album but retaining their sound.

I have not heard much of their new work, I will probably play it tonight at work since I am here for another 8 hours

I love Crosses tho!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

originally posted by: lordcomac
Filter.

Welcome to the fold.
Hey man, nice shot.
Cancer.

Ahh Filter, reminds me of the mid-late 90's Good stuff!

originally posted by: JinMI
Soil

Not be confused with another underrated band, Soilwork.

Soilwork is pretty good! Used to listen to them back in the day, I will have to check them out agani.

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Midway still...best live band I ever saw better then the band they supported Nirvana.

Another one is Veruca Salt only because I had such a crush on the guitarist

OMG Veruca Salt. I saw them at Q101's Twisted Christmas back in like '94. Nina Gordon and Luis Post

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Saw Fishbone in concert, they opened for George Clinton I think...was an awesome live show!

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
These guys missed the Seattle grunge explosion...

Sweet Water - Cake and Strychnine

Thanks for this! I like this song and will have to check out the rest of their stuff. Kind of reminds me between a cross of The Offspring and Bad Religion.

a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Meshugga's new CD is awesome! The Drumwork is mindbending. They were here in Denver about two weeks ago..

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Veruca Salt! That reminds me.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

Yes! The violent sleep of reason is an awesome album! I do love their complicated insanity. Haven't had the chance to see them live yet but they're def on the list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join