It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

The couple of episodes I did watch of MM were tame, compared to the Hollywood movies of the Golden Era.

LOL - - I watch TMC sometimes.

Just saw one the other day. Exactly as you describe.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I hate that their political affiliation tends to stain their party, much the same as the whole neo-nazi affiliation stains Trump.

The term "liberal" is somehing im trying to remove from my house during discussions with my 2 sons (one a very left leaning voter, the other the exact opposite). The whole "hasty generalization" fallacy thing that is dragged along as baggage in all our little stupid labels.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Certain native north American cultures thrived on friendly rivalry between the sexes. Wish it could be so here and now.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

The hotline will be manned by feminist politicians, comedians and scientists.

What?

I'm gonna call this a hoax. It'll be a satire that's been taken seriously in Aussie Press - a joke.

As if "feminist politicians, comedians and scientists" are gonna be sitting in call-centres fielding calls lol.

I'll explain it for the ladies: THERE'S NO WAY POLITICIANS HAVE TIME TO SIT IN CALL CENTRES WAITING FOR OTHER LADIES WHO ARE IN CRISIS. THEY HAVE JOBS TO DO AND CAN'T ALL BE ATTENDING THE CALL CENTRE. COMEDIANS ARE TOO BUSY AND SCIENTISTS DON'T CARE ABOUT PMS OR OR OTHER STUFF. YOU ALL ARE REALLY SPECIAL AND DESERVE YOUR VERY OWN HOTLINE. MAYBE YOU'LL GET ONE NEXT YEAR AND IT'LL BE THE BEST HOTLINE IN THE WORLD.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We do not disagree. It's in your dna. But "the times they are a changin." Thank god.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Mad Men was just an easy reminder of the bad times. The old movies were a mixed bag-they used alot of satire and played against stereotype of the day.

Remember, there was no birth control or abortion rights for women before the 70s. Men made the rules and controlled government etc.

How easy it is to forget the past. Those of us that lived through earlier days-we remember.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: Annee

As a female - I think the idea of "mansplaining" is completely ludicrous and it disgusts me that there are females out there who take these things too far.

A hotline for distressed women, indeed.

Some women need to grow a pair. In my humble opinion.

Just curious, what country are you in?

The article is from Sweden. I'm not up on how macho Swedish men act. Or how social rules in gender equality are in the work place in Sweden.

I'm 70 and before laws were made to protect women in the work place - - - it was really bad.

Only laws and the right to officially complain curbed the behavior of certain type men in the work place.

I have had both men and women bosses too.

Woman

They have specific laws that prevents sexism in the workplace. Much like my country, we have similar laws. Sweden is my neighbor country.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: kaelci

As a female - I think the idea of "mansplaining" is completely ludicrous and it disgusts me that there are females out there who take these things too far.

A hotline for distressed women, indeed.

Some women need to grow a pair. In my humble opinion.

Just curious, what country are you in?

The article is from Sweden. I'm not up on how macho Swedish men act. Or how social rules in gender equality are in the work place in Sweden.

I'm 70 and before laws were made to protect women in the work place - - - it was really bad.

Only laws and the right to officially complain curbed the behavior of certain type men in the work place.

I have had both men and women bosses too.

Woman

They have specific laws that prevents sexism in the workplace. Much like my country, we have similar laws. Sweden is my neighbor country.

I was just reading up on it.

Apparently, it is a problem and getting worse.

It's kind of backsliding. I think we are backsliding in America too.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

just my opinion [ backed up by 40 years of annecdotes ]

when attempting to explain ` how to do < insert > ` to an audience with no USEFULL prior knowledge or VALID experience , females are by far the easiest group to instruct - the actually listen - most men assume the either " know " or can figure it out

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SaturnFX

I hate that their political affiliation tends to stain their party, much the same as the whole neo-nazi affiliation stains Trump.

The term "liberal" is somehing im trying to remove from my house during discussions with my 2 sons (one a very left leaning voter, the other the exact opposite). The whole "hasty generalization" fallacy thing that is dragged along as baggage in all our little stupid labels.

I don't use Liberal either.

I try to stick to Progressive - - which can actually fit any ideology of forward movement - - changes for the better - - adapting to those changes.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

what good can come of this?

They did mention comedians.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I'm gonna call this a hoax. It'll be a satire that's been taken seriously in Aussie Press - a joke.

As if "feminist politicians, comedians and scientists" are gonna be sitting in call-centres fielding calls lol.

If it's a hoax, then it's fooled much of the global media. (Swedish source in English)

Upon reading further sources, it seems like this is a temporary hotline which was announced to raise awareness of men talking sarcastically or condescendingly to women in the workplace.

If only most of the world's female population were fortunate enough to have the issue of men talking to them using sarcasm/condensation as one of their primary problems they face...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Not in my departement. It is an R&D lab where people are judged by what they know or can do. However, I see that if someone is underperforming, they complain.
Women complain about sexism. Foreigners complain about racism. Young people complain about being abused and underpaid. Older people about being patronised. Everyone has one of the political correctness complaints. My productive colleagues are the ones that STFU and work. Including talented women. I am sure that there is sexism, racism, abuse but we are 'educating' so well now a host of excuses they can choose from that a complaint does not necessarily equal truth. I am not successful so someone is holding back. It just makes you annoying.
A sad thing, because those with true complaints will get this thrown in their face.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

Know that you do have the support from at least some men on ATS as well

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheesh
Young people complain about being abused and underpaid.

My younger person age 16, working 2 jobs, paying her car insurance, keeping her grades up, going to SCROC - - - complains about not enough work hours.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

Know that you do have the support from at least some men on ATS as well

Oh yes, I love men

I have the hots for Jayson Werth

edit on 16-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
It seems that this is something only women understand. Men quite often talk down to and overtalk women. Continues to this day. Plus you can't play any team sport with a man because they push the woman away cause they think they are better.

Plus, men try to "fix" every social or emotional issue a woman has just when many times women just want to talk it out-not necessarily need an answer.

This does exist-I like the name-"mansplaining."

Venus and Mars.
I totally get this-except the hotline seems like overkill. Women always share these issues amongst themselves-no need for a national hotline.

Yes, I am divorced.

I believe men might be able to understand it too. Too bad it's being purported as crazy feminist SJW for attention at this point, around here anyway, being that it will detract from understanding. The so called politician, etc., hotline seems like a joke to add to the scoffing though EU/Swedish politicians, for example, are probably twiddling their thumbs as other ones do and might volunteer.

My own personal work experience as a female, yes I've had incidences with male co workers that would fall along these lines. As to say if they knew they could get away with being outright sexist they would have but figured they could get away with talking down instead.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheesh

Not in my department. It is an R&D lab where people are judged by what they know or can do.

It would be nice if all work places were equal by work/knowledge/commitment.

Here's Ben Barnes and his unique take on gender equality.

Ben Barres, MD, PhD, professor of neurobiology and of developmental biology and of neurology and neurological sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

Ben was treated differently when he was Barbara.

“This is a street fight,” said Barres, MD, PhD, professor of neurobiology and of developmental biology and of neurology and neurological sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine, referring to the gang of male academics and pundits who have attacked women scientists critical of arguments about their alleged biological inferiority. www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My workplace has 36 female employees and 3 male employees. I do not directly work with the other 2 male employees.
The women I work with are great although I am regularly subjected to what feminists would consider (if the shoe was on the other foot) sexual harassment and sexist behavior. I do not consider it harassment though and it does not bother me in the slightest, I guess because I am male lol. The only time I have come into conflict with anyone has been when I ignored or refused a sexual advance made towards me (only happened twice in 3 years).
I have worked in many male dominated workplaces where I have never witnessed the level of nastiness or animosity that I see displayed in this female dominated work environment.
I guess I am sexist now for pointing how bitchy women can be to each other haha
edit on 16-11-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Curious, did men require laws to protect them from being fired if they refused the "casting couch"?

"Did"?

Try "DO".

Corey Feldman has been very open about how the guilt and shame of being victim to casting-couch/molestation is what drove Corey Haim to suicide, and there are many others who are still too ashamed to come forward. Sound familiar?

Assuming women are the only victims is very short sighted, but feel free to live in your bubble where only women would require "laws of protection". Males know full well that very few give a damn about them. Few are even willing to acknowledge that there are legitimate men's issues, or that many issues are human issues (not just women's issues).
edit on 11/16/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join