It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
the poor fragile women falling victim to mansplaining. lol

personally I think they are ovaryacting

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: Annee

As a female - I think the idea of "mansplaining" is completely ludicrous and it disgusts me that there are females out there who take these things too far.

A hotline for distressed women, indeed.

Some women need to grow a pair. In my humble opinion.

Just curious, what country are you in?

The article is from Sweden. I'm not up on how macho Swedish men act. Or how social rules in gender equality are in the work place in Sweden.

I'm 70 and before laws were made to protect women in the work place - - - it was really bad.

Only laws and the right to officially complain curbed the behavior of certain type men in the work place.

I have had both men and women bosses too.

Woman

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree-tolerance. But men talk louder etc. Women have always had to tolerate men's aggressive behavior to a much larger degree-it's survival for themselves and their children.

Manliness can be extremely attractive but kindness and tolerance in a man is the most attractive.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Annee
All the women make sure you raise your hand.

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

Mostly because I live in a world where, for some crazy reason, i am expected to put the toilet seat both down and up, or risk names like "sexist" and "misogynist" being hurled around.

I don't want to live in a world where inflection, and not words, are what gets me fired. That is why it draws a male crowd....because "tolerance" is a one way street.

Curious, did men require laws to protect them from being fired if they refused the "casting couch"?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
dp
edit on 16-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Swedish women who believe they have fallen to victim to instances of sexist male colleagues explaining things to them in a sarcastic way are being offered advice and support.

I reserve the right to be sarcastic to whoever I damn well please, whether I am explaining something or not. Sarcasm and irony are components of dissent. Perhaps learning it is the best way to overcome it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think we both have lived through the bad old times when women were treated like in "Mad Men." Not pretty.

This newer generation could not imagine being treated like we were-even when we had more education and/or experience
than the male.

Also, older men never saw their own bad behavior. Thank god times have changed that most people don't remember-but we know-it's still here.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

All the women make sure you raise your hand.

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

Mostly because I live in a world where, for some crazy reason, i am expected to put the toilet seat both down and up, or risk names like "sexist" and "misogynist" being hurled around.

I don't want to live in a world where inflection, and not words, are what gets me fired. That is why it draws a male crowd....because "tolerance" is a one way street.

Curious, did men require laws to protect them from being fired if they refused the "casting couch"?

They never pushed for it. They simply took one for the team because they couldn't afford to be fired due to it. What with their wives spending all their money and all, they had to do whatever it took to hold onto the jobs.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Freedom of speech

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Ill answer you with my own question: would it make sense for me to give an answer to a question that uses an one logical fallacy to cover for another one?

edit on 11/16/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
mansplaining: when a man is condescending and arrogant to a woman. normally we would call this just being condescending..but since gendered words are all the rage, it is mansplaining when a man does it.

I therefore propose a new word

womandriving: when a woman crashes a car. normally it would be called an accident, but again, gendered terms are awesome.
don't you hate it when you are driving along, the someone womandrives into the side of your car? what a annoyance. women need to understand that womandriving is a serious issue.

hmm...don't know..they both sound kinda dickish. I think I just may avoid using both words, and avoid people who use either words as the mushbrain sexists they are to begin with.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Admittedly, I am younger. And I'm lucky to live in a country where, for the most part, we consider everything a laugh and we can give as good as we get. (Australia.)

I have nothing against feminism and the gains that have been made over the years. I approve. I am, however, against the influx over the past decade or so of what I call Ridiculous Feminism.

A hotline for women distressed over a man's sarcasm has entered the Ridiculous and does nothing to help in women's affairs, it's only setting women back. I'm not sure about women in Sweden, being that I am not Swedish, but if a healthy dose of sarcasm is leveled towards me - I give it right back and don't cry about it.

Might seethe red hot inwardly for a bit afterwards
but calling someone and complaining is the last thing on my mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I think we both have lived through the bad old times when women were treated like in "Mad Men." Not pretty.

This newer generation could not imagine being treated like we were-even when we had more education and/or experience
than the male.

Also, older men never saw their own bad behavior. Thank god times have changed that most people don't remember-but we know-it's still here.

For sure.

You wanted to keep your job - you kept your mouth shut - - and put up with whatever the men did to harass you.

I was grabbed, poked, pinched, hugged, hand up my skirt, hand down my shirt, shoved in a closet, threatened with firing, and on and on. With ZERO recourse.

Yes, thank Gawd times have changed and their are laws in the work place. No, those that didn't live it don't know. And yes, it still exists - - its just more subtle.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Isn't it amazing? Look at our recent President Clinton and Donald Trump. It's still here even if they are old farts. It's all about power.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I was grabbed, poked, pinched, hugged, hand up my skirt, hand down my shirt, shoved in a closet, threatened with firing, and on and on. With ZERO recourse.

Sounds like a typical night in the JinMi household.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

A hotline for women distressed over a man's sarcasm has entered the Ridiculous and does nothing to help in women's affairs, it's only setting women back. I'm not sure about women in Sweden, being that I am not Swedish, but if a healthy dose of sarcasm is leveled towards me - I give it right back and don't cry about it.

I don't know if they have any other recourse for being treated badly.

My granddaughter is of the new generation. She don't take crap from anyone.

I think fortunately for her - - she looks like a model. She gets away with a lot.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Mans aggressive behavior was once what kept women alive. And often caused their death. But physical strength has its advantages when fending off the larger wild animals facing ancient peoples.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I didnt think it would be too long until someone mentioned "Mad Men"...

You realise that it is a 21st century "Idealist" interpretation of the Fab 50s and Swinging 60s?

You know...the eras when womens movements really took off.

Mad Men, is a TV show....its Art...interpreted in the 2000s.

Now if you Really want to see how it was done, watch some 20s, 30s and 40s movies.....

Slap a girl around...then she will kiss you. Grab a girl, whether she wants to or not, a give her a big smooch.....ah that leg always comes up without fail.....

The couple of episodes I did watch of MM were tame, compared to the Hollywood movies of the Golden Era.

Anyway....I thought Manslaining was going to be about waxing chest hair into shapes and such.....but who knew??
edit on 16-11-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Isn't it amazing? Look at our recent President Clinton and Donald Trump. It's still here even if they are old farts. It's all about power.

I think the next generation of women is gonna be a bit different.

At least I hope.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I have nothing against feminism and the gains that have been made over the years. I approve. I am, however, against the influx over the past decade or so of what I call Ridiculous Feminism.

Here is a handy dandy little graph about the 3 distinct waves of feminism
there are still plenty of 2nd wavers around. they are pretty mixed about the 3rd wave.

3rd wave feminism is all about how women are fragile victims forever. everything men do is terrible, mansplaining, manspreading. toxic masculinity, patriarchy, etc etc etc..basically its a movement that no longer has any real enemy (given the good work 1st and 2nd wave did in equaling things and destroying the male dominated mindset)...so they are now coming up with all sorts of nonsense.

There are university courses and people who built their career on feminism, and so if it suddenly is found to be unnecessary, they are out of a job..so what they do then is find anything and everything to prop up their narrative in order to continue getting a paycheck.
its a scam, a fraud, and most of the 3rd wavers are more cultists than anything else.

But it is always a great past time to laugh at their pettiness and victim complex. most men and women enjoy a good hearty laugh at todays 3rd wave feminist...unfortunately they are just soo damn loud.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join