It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria was recently delivered a fresh batch of T-90 Tanks, Here They Are In Action!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This happened just days before leading into the election, which explains why the only thing we still have been hearing is in regards to backlash fro the election. The current media coverage is to detract from Russia and Syria's renewed push to swiftly retake all of Aleppo from the moderate terrorists currently mostly back by Turkey.

They have been strapping on cameras to these bad boys and giving us a fresh look at tank warfare in the 21st century. I would like to see more of the ISIS seized tanks go up against the T-90's and see how they do, but it does not seem either side's armor ever seem to meet. What a shame. Anyways, here is some tank footage! They like to pan back and forth from the perspective of both sides. The Russians and Kurds have been maintaining an excellent job of documenting this entire war from every angle and all factions.

Second video has more tank cam and what seems like infantry fighting vehicles.

This next one is actually from the perspective of these Turkey back militants. They appear to score a hit on a Syrian tank, but it keeps on keeping on, AND the gunner is still alive and fighting. We get to see him return fire as well.

This last video has a bunch of tanks. I think I may have posted it in another thread, it is from October. But its badass tanks, so lets watch it anyways!

There sure is a whole lot of nothing going on in Syria right now ...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Cool tanks but they don't look very effective in the streets.....
I thought they had better ATMs on the rebel side....
RPGs probably would be relatively ineffective....but im not sure of the T 90s weaknesses as yet..
Though im sure they will become apparent .......
I guess the Saudis are too cheap to buy real ATMs for their boys....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snippythehorse
Most the tanks the rebels and ISIS have are seized property from victories on the battlefield, or just clever theft.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I imagine they may have a few Abrams in daesh hands
It would be an interesting match if they got a few into Syria....
Though their crews may not be top notch by comparison to the Russian iron, the match would be worth watching...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

They actually had possession of several Abrams, but most have been destroyed.
They had gotten this one last year

The T-90's seem to do better against ATGM though. Abrams have been getting ripped across Iraq with TOW missilies given to them in Syria to use against Russia and Syria! A DAMN SHAME!

Doesn't do too well against Russian ATGM either it appears...

Here is a T-90 taking a hit head on, but its not in nearly as bad shape. This is the only video I can find of a T-90 getting hit. But there are plenty of T-72 and other older tanks in Syria getting blown to bits by ATGM.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hmm....don't these guys know not to skyline themselves like that?
Sheesh, its a lot like these guys just run around the desert whacking each other on sight....
I don't see much for organised warfare in all the films so far....just casual violent encounters...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Most of the Abrams are being used now by Iraqi army and Peshmerga. The Kurds seem to more effective at using them than the Iraqi army though. They should really get some more training.

Obviously if these were manned by American tank crews dedicated to them, there would be some different results. The Iraqi army itself though, they are really still undisciplined. They have an effective special forces unit now, but thats about it. At least they not quite as garbage as the Saudis are. Saudis have been losing like the majority of their ground offensives against the Houthis. Man, they suck!! But the Houthis are pretty damned effective in their ground game, so I would say they are about on par with the Kurds as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow, they just sound like kids in one clip.

Christ Almighty, why do they always yell out "Allo Ackbar"???
Good God, dont they say anything else, other than Allo Ackbar?
For Christ Sake, it sounds so ridiculous in this modern age.
Heaven Forbid, what they will do if they ever got into the modern age.
Jesus Christ, they are a bunch of desert rats.....with Allo Ackbar this and Allo Ackbar that......
Holly Hell, those tanks look tough tho...
Thank God, those idiots are fighting over there with there Allo Ackbar every second word.....lets hope they stay there.

Peace be with you my Children........

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Yea that allah akbar crap or whatever is annoying. Cant they just be like "F()CK Yea! kick ass and chew bubble gum! Who ordered the whoop ass burrito!? DING DONG MOTHER#ER!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIIIN DOOOOOOONNG!!!!!"

Its always "omg, god is like soooo great, yes!? ROFL! derP!"

We ought to start dropping crates of thesauruses , see if maybe an expanded vernacular isn't in order.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

They actually had possession of several Abrams, but most have been destroyed.
They had gotten this one last year

The T-90's seem to do better against ATGM though. Abrams have been getting ripped across Iraq with TOW missilies given to them in Syria to use against Russia and Syria! A DAMN SHAME!

Doesn't do too well against Russian ATGM either it appears...

Here is a T-90 taking a hit head on, but its not in nearly as bad shape. This is the only video I can find of a T-90 getting hit. But there are plenty of T-72 and other older tanks in Syria getting blown to bits by ATGM.

tanks are only useful against an opponent without air power. you have air power involved and doesnt matter which tank, it gets taken out from 2 miles.

as well tanks only as good as the tank crews operating them. in terms of russian tanks taking more damage, if it was an american tank crew with depleted uranium shells which they used in iraq war, it doesnt matter how much armor a tank has. it rips through any armor like butter. i dont think they gave the iraqi's or kurds depleted uranium munitions.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Here is extended video of the T-90 being hit by an ATGM -

The missile was hit by the T-90's APS.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The abrams that have been getting used over there aren't fitted with the same armour that US abrams have on them and more to the point they don't have US crews. The damage probably looks worse than it actually is in that video because the rounds can cook off in the back of the turret without killing the crew.
edit on 2081642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Didn`t they learn anything from world war 2, you can`t send tanks into a city without massive infantry support,if you don`t the infantry to support them then you just completely level the city through carpet bombing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Didn`t they learn anything from world war 2, you can`t send tanks into a city without massive infantry support,if you don`t the infantry to support them then you just completely level the city through carpet bombing.

Russia / Syria have the "level the city" mantra covered.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
yes, well they sure aren't alone now are they?

We use similar armor in our tanks though right? When actually manned by us?? I was thinking the ones used in Iraq are like barebones shipments for a lower price. Also, seeing how a handful of tanks were going back and forth with seizures by several factions, I think I am kind of glad they were not equipped with a similar armor. We should reserve that tech for our own deployments and not sell it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In terms of leveling Aleppo yes they are alone.

As for the Abrams I doubt we are exporting our top of the line models with the latest technology. The view that the tank is invincible is based on the fact we have yet to face an enemy with proper technology / training to mount a serious threat to them. We have lost tanks in Iraq during the 2003 invasion... When it comes to our media coverage the concentration is on the body count and not equipment lost.

The lack of reporting gives the false impression our equipment is unstoppable.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No, they are not alone. The only heavy equipment not in use by the militants is an air force, cruise missiles, and newer tanks. Everyday I get to see militants using mortars, truck mounted AA, grad missiles, VBIED, a litany of ATGM which they frequently utilize against occupied structures, a variety of confiscated armor, mostly older, but still deadly. They have absolutely helped level Aleppo.

In regards to the tans themselves though, my question is do we have a similar APS protection for NATO armor the way I have seen on these T-90 tank?? I would hope so, hate to be a step behind the Russians on ground armor.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Considering the post I replied to specifically talked about carpet bombing, yes my comment is accurate. Syria and Russia are leveling the city with airstrikes.

As for point defense systems there is Trophy (Israeli system tested by the US) and quick kill (US system being developed by Raytheon). We are behind the curve though as neither system is deployed.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

We are behind the curve though as neither system is deployed.

Man that is bullcrap and completely unacceptable! I hope this was what Trump was referring to with his commitment to upgrade our armed forces. Me thinks our industry became so used to unchallenged air superiority, they started to neglect ground technology in favor of UCAV's and guided missiles.

Now that Russia has finally challenged NATO's unchecked expansion, and made clear their willingness to demonstrate the effectiveness of their AA tech, perhaps some increased funding for more effective armor is in order. And of course that awesome rail gun! I want to see that rail gun hitting NK to back our SpecOPS and robotic soldiers by 2030!

I will never be happy until the Korean peninsula is united and free again!

top topics

join