It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren to President-Elect Trump: You Are Already Breaking Promises by Appointing Wall Street Elites

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Washington, DC - United States Senator Elizabeth Warren today sent a letter to President-Elect Trump raising serious concerns about the special interest lobbyists, Wall Street bankers, and industry insiders who are staffing his transition team and who will shape the new administration.

The senator wrote, "Based on public reports, your transition team and your potential cabinet include over twenty Wall Street elites, industry insiders, and lobbyists making decisions that could have huge implications for their clients or employers. They include, among many others, a former Goldman Sachs executive who is rumored to be a Treasury Secretary pick; a paid consultant for Verizon who is making key decisions on your administration's Federal Communication Commission; a 'top lobbyist' whose firm lobbied on behalf of issues related to the Trans-Pacific Partnership who is shaping your Labor Department; and a climate-change-denying, oil industry-paid think tank fellow who is leading your environmental team's transition."

She continued, "You made numerous promises to the American people in your election campaign, none bigger than the promise to ‘drain the swamp' of Washington D.C. special interests rigged against the middle class. The decisions you make with your transition team will shape the next four years of this nation. They will also reflect the strength of your character and your ability to truly lead--not just follow the marching orders of the special interests and Wall Street bankers you purportedly oppose."

Senator Warren called on President-Elect Trump to remove the lobbyists and special interest insiders from his transition team and replace them with advisors who will fight for the interests of the American people. She stated, "Let me be clear. Should you refuse, I will oppose you, every step of the way, for the next four years. I will champion the millions of Americans you will fail to protect. I will track your every move, and I will remind Americans, every day, of the actions you take that fail them. And I will not be the only one watching. The millions of Americans who voted for you - and the millions who didn't - will all be watching you."

Source: www.warren.senate.gov...

Look I'm no fan of Warren but c'mon folks Trump is not a benefit to America and judging from his character he would gladly surrender himself to Wall Street if they offered him concessions.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Really ? Warren ? The one that was too insane for any form of nomination to the insane Hillary Clinton run ? That Warren ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Ya man. Trump could sure use the money.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Funny thing Warren backed and endorsed Hillary.

She is toast....burnt toast.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
DIdn't exactly this happen the past 3-4 administrations, including Obama and Bush?...

This is exactly why many people think that in reality, the two party system is a one party system..

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

DIdn't exactly this happen the past 3-4 administrations, including Obama and Bush?...

This is exactly why many people think that in reality, the two party system is a one party system..

Yep, its over even before it begins. Trump is not off to a good start
edit on 391130America/ChicagoTue, 15 Nov 2016 21:39:26 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What a dumbass, Trump always said we have the best people to negotiate for the US and would pick people from business not political hacks with no skills or talents in the real world.
This mad woman would only be happy if he picked hobos off the street or progressive ideologs.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This mad woman would only be happy if he picked hobos off the street or progressive ideologs.

Yeah, even though she knows they are paid by Soros too...

I think these washed up Dems are just latching on to the only
thing they have left, rancorous rhetoric.

Goes all the way back to Hillary Clinton and Edward Brooke
being the first black Senator...she just had to stick her neck
out and criticize him. Well how is she liking that now...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Then why did Trump appointed Rudy Giuliani, a well known Wall Street shill, as Secretary Of State?

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 11/15/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What a dumbass, Trump always said we have the best people to negotiate for the US and would pick people from business not political hacks with no skills or talents in the real world.

Hobos? I don't think so, How about non establishment leaning person?

Ah, that's what I was worried about with supporters of whoever won, the people that knew about establishment corruption would allow if because 'their guy' likes the people.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
"Let me be clear. Should you refuse, I will oppose you, every step of the way, for the next four years.

Um... she's going to oppose him every step of the way anyway...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

He should try to convince men like Elon Musk to assume positions in his cabinet, then # might actually get done.

The men who are there have no imagination and keep pushing a 3500 year old Greek philosophy they don't even comprehend. They cherry pick their philosophy, they are no better then the religious.

Politicians are Sofists posing as experts. We need experts being experts, we don't need posers.

edit on 15-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The establishment is still well-established, so some establishment types are needed to bring down the establishment from within.

Since they are not elected, Trump can fire them at anytime if they betray the people in favor fo the establishment.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: dreamingawake

He should try to convince men like Elon Musk to assume positions in his cabinet, then # might actually get done.

It's easy to get # done with $4.9 billion (with a B) in government gravy.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

If it's so easy why isn't everyone doing it?

Unless you meant it was easy for him, because he is a genius. It probably wasn't that hard for him. But I seriously doubt anyone would call what Elon Musk has done easy.

He solved the world's energy problems with 4.9 billion. When has a politician done anything that extraordinary with that amount of money?
edit on 15-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Do you want to have a discussion about how subsidized Donald Trump is? Or how his father built his business on government grants?

Meanwhile, Elon Musk is out there making the future and Donald Trump has been slapping his name on buildings, many of which he didn't have anything to do with the construction of.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Did anyone seriously believe Trump wouldn’t break these promises.

Trump lied and deceived his gullible followers who will still deny what he’s doing even though he’s doing it right in their face.

Trump voters are what's known in conman parlance as marks

edit on 15-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Your in deep delusion

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's not just Elizabeth Warren. The liberal MSM still thinks they're in a majority position too! It's amazing how all of these LOSERS think that the WINNERS will follow their advice and desire for "inclusiveness".

Like the Japanese did in the 1940's, the Democrats waved their WHITE FLAG of surrender 7 days ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its going to be hilarious and already is how Trump and his family will monetize the presidency for as much as he can get

His daughter is already advertising her businesses on QVC through the white house

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join