It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Nazis throw a tantrum after New Balance denies being the ‘official shoes of white people’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
and now for something completely different

Andrew Anglin, founder of the neo-Nazi and white supremacist website Daily Stormer, melted down Tuesday after the shoe brand New Balance rejected his endorsement as “the official shoes of White people.”

Saturday, Anglin posted that it was “time to get on-board with New Balance now” after the company’s vice president of affairs, Matt LeBretton, publicly backed Donald Trump.

“The Obama administration turned a deaf ear to us and frankly with president-elect Trump we feel things are going to move in the right direction,” LeBretton told reporter Sara Germano. LeBretton also noted his endorsement of Trump was related to the president-elect’s strong campaign rhetoric against the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

In the days after LeBretton’s statement, customers expressed dissatisfaction with the VP’s statement, some even protesting the brand by posting videos destroying New Balance shoes on social media (or, as Anglin referred to it, “butthurt cucks are burning their shoes, lol”).

“New Balance is making a gesture to support White people and to support US manufacturing. We need to support that,” Anglin wrote after learning about LeBretton’s Trump support. “I see New Balances now becoming the official shoes of White people.”

Monday, New Balance rejected Anglin’s attempt at becoming the latest New Balance brand ambassador, releasing a statement saying the company “does not tolerate bigotry or hate in any form.”

“New Balance is a values-driven organization and culture that believes in humanity, integrity, community and mutual respect for people around the world,” the statement continued.

Anglin called New Balance’s statement “obviously fake,” insisting LeBretton sent the original statement to the Daily Stormer and “said he believes all Jews should be gassed ‘for real this time around.’” The “original statement” per Anglin reads:

“New Balance endorses bigotry and hate in any form,” the fake statement says. “As a 110-year old company with five factories in the U.S. and thousands of white male employees worldwide – New Balance is a Republican-driven organization and culture that believes in White Supremacy, integrity, community and mutual respect for white males around the world. One of our officials was recently asked to comment on a trade policy and was quoted correctly in context. We have been and will always remain committed to manufacturing in the United States.”

“Don’t let the lying Jewish media get you down,” Anglin added.

New Balance Statement

Stormer Article claiming New Balance was hacked

Regardless of what you think of the election; the Neo-nazis have been emboldened and are stirring in their little hives. It would have likely come to this regardless of who was elected by here we are in the land of madness. I personally do not look forward to any of this as even harmless shenanigans like proclaiming a shoe company to be the "official shoe of the white-man" will only lead to more and more serious backlash on both sides of a burgeoning war at the heart of America.

What say you ATS? I prefer Vans and DC Shoes, myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
LMAO!!! Oh man... this is priceless!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I made this suggestion in another thread. IMO their websites have seen increased traffic. I mean we've heard the rhetoric from both sides for neo-Nazism, anti-Semitism, racism etc. Perhaps they see their increased traffic as an increase in agreeing numbers. They've only emboldened because they are used so much. They will be swept back under the rug after awhile.

I prefer Cat/Wolverine/Red Wing work boots btw.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I thought skinheads wear Doc Martens

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh this is too funny.

No one ever said Neo-Nazis were intelligent and emotionally mature people.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I'll have you know goths like Dr. Martens too...We make em look better anyway, and most of us have a full set of teeth.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Time for new sneakers.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I wear Wallaby's.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Time for new sneakers.

I prefer Reebok high tops myself

80's style!

This company needs to get on the Mark Levin show and drive the Nazi's away. Nothing will drive Nazi's away faster and piss them off more than Mark Levin.
edit on 15-11-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I only buy redwings.

www.redwingshoes.com...

You know- real shoes.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So does that mean gotta give up my flipflops ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ah the neo nazis. Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

In a way I hope they are more emboldened and speak there hate more. The best way to end racism is to leave this pukes speak in the open. And if they start acting out violence with their hate, I hope they all get to cozy up together in prison where they can be put in isolation if they so desire, then they won't have to deal with us racial mixers.

I also think it is worth pointing out how the article shows that others started burning their New Balances when the found out the VP backed Trump. These seem to be some real lovely people too. They have the right to do what they want, but it just shows the absurdity of people.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
That's silly, crocs are the official shoes.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Can only laugh here. Aren't those sports/urban/exercise shoes? Not stereotypical WhitePride/Nazi attire.

I'll take some Docs(nope, not limited to Skin Heads either-BTW not all skins are Nazis some are working class OI Punk) or even Demonia boots over New Balance anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The crap passing for news....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This reads like something out of The Onion....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I thought skinheads wear Doc Martens

That to me is as ridiculous as saying '"all blacks have dreads"

Doc's have long passed being the shoes of just skins, goths, rivetheads , metalheads or some other alt group. Beyond that the shoe didn't define anything, the laces and the way you tied them on the other hand.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Besides those free shoes in bootcamp, I didnt know anybody still wore new balance.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I only buy redwings.

www.redwingshoes.com...

You know- real shoes.

Only frye and timberlands for me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join