It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunk WW2 Shipwreck Ships Missing....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Meerdere Nederlandse marineschepen die tijdens een zeeslag in 1942 zijn vergaan in de Javazee bij Indonesië lijken van de zeebodem te zijn verdwenen.

SUNK WW2 SHIPWRECK SHIPS MISSING....

2 dutch cruisers of the dutch sunk fleet in the Java sea battle 1942 are missing ....?????????!!!!!
by preperation of an memorial after 75 years the ships were not found on there locations in the Java sea

here the google translate of the article....:

Several Dutch naval vessels destroyed during a battle in 1942 in the Java Sea in Indonesia appear on the seafloor to have disappeared.

It is about the wreck of the cruiser Hr. Ms. De Ruyter and Hr. Ms. Java and part of the destroyer Hr. Ms. Kortenaer, writes Minister Jeanine Hennis Defense Tuesday to the House.
According to the minister, there are traces found on the seabed sonar images showed the imprint of the ships. The discovery came to light during a diving expedition which was conducted in preparation for the 75th anniversary of the battle.
Allied squadron
Navy ships were wrecked on February 27, 1942, during the Battle of the Java Sea during World War II. The ships were part of an Allied squadron, with ships from the Netherlands, Britain, the United States and Australia.
The ships were to prevent the Japanese forces would occupy the Indonesian island of Java. That day also was the British destroyer HMS Jupiter under.
Karel Doorman
At the battle more than 2,200 people were killed, nine of which definitely on the Dutch side. Among the well-known Dutch Rear Admiral Karel Doorman was killed. The ships are the grave of hundreds of passengers.
American, Australian, British and Indonesian authorities were notified of the disappearance. Further research should reveal what happened to the ships that were found by amateur divers in 2002, happened.
It is likely that the ships are contained in a professional manner. Whoever is responsible for where the wrecks are located at the moment, is still unclear.

Bet somebody payed an lot of money for wreck steel... ore there is an timelapse involved....

think about it...

B.T.W:
ships were official wargraves...!
edit on 15-11-2016 by DrumsRfun because: All caps title

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Great find!

Just a throw in:

Tsunami displacement ?

The Javasea had a few tsunami's after 2002... Could a tsunami displace a ship at the bottom of the sea ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
everything is possible...thought the java sea isint that deep in that place.... about 30/60 mtrs....a reply to: EartOccupant

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe Godzilla ate them.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Less deep makes even more sense.

The less deep the water, the more speed/mass displacement a wave gets ( In short )

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(1935)
link not good working..

look for specs there HNLMS De Ruyter (1935)....
edit on 15-11-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I heard most old wrecks in the south seas are getting dredged up for scrap metal.

I'll research the article when I'm not at work!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
my guesses to.....hopefully sattelite images gives a clue....
nations involved will have an problem disturbing wargraves....an criminal act....!

a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Philadelphia experiment revisited, wrecks missing? unbelievable!

How about mutant microbes, affected by Fukashima, that are now digesting steel!! hope they don't make it to the North Atlantic, near Newfoundland and get a taste for early made steel / iron composite

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

worth noting, there is a market for metals forged prior to the first atom bombs as all metal since carries trace irradiation this market is known to harvest preww2 sunkin ships for their metal
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I`m not saying it`s aliens, so it must be the Russians part of their secret plan to take over the world,no doubt.we need Hillary to bomb the Russians.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Horrible and upsetting, these type of site's are generally protected internationally and recognized as war graves so whomever has therefore illegally salvaged them for scrap will not likely own up to the fact though if they can be traced international diplomatic protest may be made to the relevant government as well as the potential for criminal proceeding's to then be filed against the culprit's, personally I hope they are caught and prosecution's are indeed brought against them.
At that depth they probably just lowered divers with cutting tool's and loaded the steel onto barges for sale to china or other south east Asian market's and they probably found the site by looking up the location on war wreck/grave map's so how many other's they have looted will have to be determined, utter scum bag's.

Here is some related data on other site's.
This was Illegal salvage on the HMS prince of wale's.

Full youtube page with comment's
www.youtube.com...
And it is worth looking at the HMS repulse as well also suffering the same fate from these thieves and grave robber's.

www.straitstimes.com...
It is apparently becoming more and more common as a problem but a concerted international effort to bring the culprit's to justice does not seem to have been made a priority as it should have been.
news.usni.org...

edit on 15-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
about 10.000 tons of steel totall....secretly....
some operation...! a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Easily done, who is guarding these site's and several trip's over a few month's first they cherry pick the more valuable metal's such as copper and brass from site's like the prop's as well as the high grade steel used in the hull's of these ship's.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Pre 1945 steel is very valuable and is needed for certain high tech devices as all steel made after the detonation of the first atom bombs has radiation because it's everywhere in the atmosphere now, in trace amounts, but still enough to render today's steel useless, or at least not as useful, for certain, I imagine "top secret" applications.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you for finding this! This was the vid linked to the article I was hoping to find!

Disturbing war graves.... ghoulish work!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Pre 1945 steel is very valuable and is needed for certain high tech devices as all steel made after the detonation of the first atom bombs has radiation because it's everywhere in the atmosphere now, in trace amounts, but still enough to render today's steel useless, or at least not as useful, for certain, I imagine "top secret" applications.

Steel can be made today that meets those same needs, getting the supply is something of a pain though due to scrap metal recycling. It basically has to be freshly mined and then produced.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The BBC has just posted a really good write up on this as well for those interested:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
before jumping to any conspiratorial hypothesis - i would look into " navigation error "

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

BBC report's that three British warship's are also missing and confirm's that these ship's were recognized as war grave's, the British government is investigating.
www.bbc.co.uk...
This is NOT navigation error, there is evidence that the ship's were there so there must be peripheral debris on the site that the Salvager-Crew/Grave Robber's did not want, I should not be too surprised if this turned out to be a Chinese operation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join