It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than half of arrested Portland anti-Trump protesters didn't vote in Oregon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

How in the world of simple logic or reason do you come to the conclusion that I am defending those idiots. Have you not read any of what I have posted in this thread? Have I not called them idiots?
Here, give me a minute and I will go back and read what I have written, Maybe I can answer that myself. Just a minute. Oh yeah, here's one

guilty of being stupid, non voting agitators with more violence in mind than democracy.

Oh and here is another.

Here we have a decent account of disingenuous protesters,

So, nope... Not one word in defense of their actions. Yet you even suggest that I may be one of them.

You asked me three questions. "What's wrong with you".. Here you accuse me of having something wrong with me. No trial no evidence, no jury. You find me guilty of being wrong. Based on your next question.
"Why are you defending these protesters". Again pre-supposed guilt, that I have already proven to be a total fabrication. And three, "Are you one of them?"

So, I count that as three accusations with no foundation at all. So what do I make of your accusations? Either you are just a goof and make crap up in your own head, or you are an idiot too, or you don't even see that you have used classic Fascist like statements to undermine what you appear to see as opposing views. But for that matter, maybe you do see it and are saying theses things in an attempt to indict me in a court of your peers. Which is it Mr. Truman. which is it?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: charlyv

Okay. That doesn't address the question. But sure, they got arrested. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't have been. Actually, I didn't suggest anything.

I think the problem is that we don't know how much time they will be in jail.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You just sounded like you were supporting them, I got mad because I consider you a great member and couldn't accept the idea that you were in favor of those idiots.

Glad to be wrong.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

And glad to hear it Truman. Through various threads I have found myself in opposition with a number ofyour positions yet understand from others that that we are often in accord. Thankyou for replying so we could get that straightened out.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I wonder if there is some archaic law that these pro protestors are breaking at a federal level, they are crossing state borders. after all. Might be some use for the dread FEMA camps then lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

In the case of Portland I'm convinced that a handful were paid.

No-one is paying them. They're Anarchists. Anarchists don't vote. Some of them travel around to protest different events. NATO meetings, IMF meetings, Bilderberg, that sort of thing. Unlike Trump, they really are anti-globalization.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kountzero
I wonder if there is some archaic law that these pro protestors are breaking at a federal level, they are crossing state borders. after all. Might be some use for the dread FEMA camps then lol.

Yes, infringing freedom of speech and throwing people in concentration camps is hilarious. Now do you understand why they are specifically protesting Trump now?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Wow...

The beauty of democracy is that it gives you a choice to vote or not to vote. Or vote for who ever you want.

I think you miss the whole purpose of true democracy. It also gives you the choice to protest what ever you want.

What a joke thread. A lot of you are missing the point that he US isn't even a fair democracy and is funneled into a two party system through massive PR and private funding.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
astroturfing

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Wow...

The beauty of democracy is that it gives you a choice to vote or not to vote. Or vote for who ever you want.

I think you miss the whole purpose of true democracy. It also gives you the choice to protest what ever you want.

What a joke thread. A lot of you are missing the point that he US isn't even a fair democracy and is funneled into a two party system through massive PR and private funding.

Well your wrong we are not a democracy. We are a republic.

What grinds my gears about most of these protesters is they had a perfectly acceptable way to have their opinion heard in the form of a vote and over half of them didn't exercise that constructive method. So instead they destroy a city and harm innocent people. Its ridiculous.

Im all for protesting whatever you want as long as its peaceful. Not what they are doing.
edit on 15-11-2016 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Why would they vote?

The popular vote means nothing...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Records show 34 of the protesters arrested didn’t return a ballot for the November 8 election. Thirty-five of the demonstrators taken into custody weren’t registered to vote in Oregon.

Twenty-five protesters who were arrested did vote.

proof that the riots have nothing to do with politics or the election!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Why would they vote?

Are you being serious?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No. The US is a republic within democracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

More than half of the anti-Trump protesters arrested in Portland didn’t vote in Oregon, according to state election records.

At least sixty-nine demonstrators either didn’t turn in a ballot or weren’t registered to vote in the state.

KGW compiled a list of the 112 people arrested by the Portland Police Bureau during recent protests. Those names and ages, provided by police, were then compared to state voter logs by Multnomah County Elections officials.

Records show 34 of the protesters arrested didn’t return a ballot for the November 8 election. Thirty-five of the demonstrators taken into custody weren’t registered to vote in Oregon.

Twenty-five protesters who were arrested did vote.

More than half of arrested Portland anti-Trump protesters didn't vote in Oregon

Well would you look at that. These people that didn't vote are the lowest form of scum. Protesting a fair election that they didn't even participate in. These people are worse than Colin Kaepernick well maybe not but they are right up there.

I have no respect for these protests and even less for the idiots that didn't vote. Its like complaining you flunked a class that you never showed up to. WTF is wrong with these people. I have no hope for out future and not because of Trump. Because of idiots like these people.

I'm shocked I say.

Shocked.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Why would they vote?

Are you being serious?

Its not a matter of "being serious", its the truth.

We have a person, Trump, who is being appointed by a handful of people (the Electoral College) despite having lost the popular vote.

So how is voting relevant?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why would they vote?

Are you being serious?

We have a person, Trump, who is being appointed by a handful of people (the Electoral College) despite having lost the popular vote.

I don't have the time or the patience to explain to you why the electoral college is a necessary part of our political process. Nor is that what this thread is about. There are literally a dozen threads on the electoral college for you to look at and argue with those people. Do you own research on it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And my point is why exaggerate at all. The evidence from this report seems to be in, guilty of being stupid, non voting agitators with more violence in mind than democracy. So why make unfounded extrapolations in such a glib manner?

Oh yeah, it's Soros' all righty , paid em all a hundred grand or whatever to tear up the town. What a bunch a baloney. Hell, maybe he gave em all tickets to Disneyland, ,,,,yeah that's the ticket... Disneyland, and yeah, all the popcorn and soda they can consume.

Feeling pretty lazy today so no pretty links for you. Google "Fund for the Public Interest" and you will find links to Soros.

newyork.craigslist.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why would they vote?

Are you being serious?

GO argue and cry about your vote not counting here.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

In the case of Portland I'm convinced that a handful were paid.

No-one is paying them. They're Anarchists. Anarchists don't vote. Some of them travel around to protest different events. NATO meetings, IMF meetings, Bilderberg, that sort of thing. Unlike Trump, they really are anti-globalization.

not to be an ass or anything, but how is it you know this? is there any proof of this? I just can't imagine young folks paying for transportation and accommodations all over the US and world just to protest for no money. How do they support themselves?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join