It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What event/story first made you interested in the unknown?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I was obsessed with all things paranormal for my entire childhood. I can't remember what started it all for me, atlantis, area 51, crystal skulls, big foot, lochness monster, ghosts and any number of other paranormal ideas have been a part of my thinking as far back as i can remember. I was always taking out books/videos from the library and adding the info from them to the sponge that was my young brain.

Now as an adult, I don't believe in anything, but I want so desperately to be wrong. I still scour through ideas and stories trying to find anything that might make this world a little more interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World on ITV 1980.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustnoone07
a reply to: dreamingawake

Have you ever seen anything in the triangle personally? Like weird storms etx?

Not sure I'd attribute any of the paranormal experiences I've had to the triangle, but have heard of dissaperances of people though that could be crime and accident related because the canals are rock pits. Being that close to the ocean growing up weird weather happens and it is seemingly not unusual. They odd things seem to happen further off the coasts-as some attribute the triangle's mystery to being water spots and generally getting lost due to magnetic disturbances of their compasses.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you so much everyone for your posts!

It's such an interesting read... i guess it's kinda curious that alot of people can't really pin point what it was that for at piqued their interest

I think for me... if i think back way into the vaults of my mind...

Watching ET wity mum and dad and them acting like it was normal and fine... just a casual alien, they want to experiment on him, he lives in the closet etc etc blew my mind and gave me nightmares for ages... i think that was my first introduction to extraterrestrials

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I had a massive interest in extraterrestrial life throughout my childhood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join