It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Wake of the Election, Many are Wearing Safety Pins in Silent Protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As a Trump voter and Republican, I find this a totally acceptable solution. I wish them all the best.

If Trump lost I could see Republicans doing the same thing only with US flags.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When my head is freshly shaved I look like a member of EDL or Britain First and that has fooled some of said ilk to open up with me over the years only to be shot down.
I wonder if I'd been wearing a diaper pin would they have revealed themselves to me?

Know thine enemy I say.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Back in my day, safety pins were for diapers.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

That rocks! I wonder how many people actually know what that is. Here's a hint, Gene Stoner.
edit on 14-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You mean riots in the streets? with people, businesses and property being hurt and damaged?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Can you please elaborate on how a non tolerance stance on rioting, hating, and pretty much ignoring any facts that don't agree with world views is something to not be proud of?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Actually, Brit, the media was the inciter of all this division, including the individual who funded and bused in all the 'protesters' ( more like angry rioters). That individual was George Soros. Now, I am not picking sides between right and left, because to me, the media is all the same anyway. I'm just saying you can't blame Trump for all this division. Think about it for a second. Why would anyone seriously running for president want half the nation to hate them, including members of congress? They wouldn't.. look past all this he said she said BS and you'll see there is definitely something more happening behind the scenes.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I was wondering when someone would say something about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yeah but
It's those who felt invulnerable who are now feeling vulnerable
The pendulum has swung and some don't like the new feelings

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

See, I could believe you there, if I had not seen Trump speeches and TV bits, in full, without heavy edits, or any of that nonsense, where he did NOTHING at all to appear even slightly pragmatic.

He implied an awful lot of things in his various appearances, live calls with television shows, and so on, that suggested that he and his administration would be sticking their nose where it does not belong, putting boots up arses that need no boots applied to them, robbing the weak of their protections and basically having a whale of a time by pissing on the constitution all over the place.

Now, that's not the impression I got from the media. That's the impression I got from watching his speeches, that's the impression I got from his mouth, his words, not just the words that have been "taken out of context" or just hot mic failures...which is a whole other issue..but his own words.

It's HIS job to make sure that those mistakes, which is what every one of those questionable statements had better damned well be, get corrected before those he has been militating against set the damned streets on fire. If he shows these people that he is not a monster, an evil, oppressive, domineering, constitution buggering beast, then perhaps people will get back in their houses over night, chill out, roll a fatty and get over it. But I tell you what will not work. Him ignoring the issue, and leaving it all to Obama to sort out will not cut it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Trump said 'stop' regarding violent protest.
I assume you are aware of that?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well Damn, TrueBrit that was very well said. I like you, you seem like a good bloke👍

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You are a total USA jock sniffer. You are single, long haired, maintenance man. If you have all the answers why you live such lowly life? Everyone can talk but some of us do give it try sometime.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

Yes, and to say that it was nothing short of inadequate to leave it at that, would be somewhat of an understatement, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JKlinero

Actually sir, I run my own business, and my field is security, with a specific focus on the application of precision engineering as it pertains to locksmithing.

So, I am doing what I can to make use of my talents, as well as exercising my mind here on ATS, in debate and discussion about a whole host of topics that feed the imagination, expand my knowledge base, and prevent the atrophy of my mind from total bloody boredom. What have you been up to lately? I see you just joined today?

Welcome. It's unfortunate that you called me a jock sniffer on your first day, but we all make mistakes.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yup.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your skills would be better utilized making Facebook quotes rather than being life coach. If we want to know how to be a single electrician guy obsessed with a foreign country we'll ask thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: roadgravel

So if they protest, that's too crazy and hateful yet if they quietly wear a pin, you knock them for that too?

If they are wearing a pin and I know what it is, it isn't a silent protest. Its more stupidity.

I won't mock them or anything like that, but I will take it as a signal to ask them what the problem is.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
WEIRD ....WE bought more guns...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

In the Wake of the Election, Many are Wearing Safety Pins in Silent Protest

More like diaper pins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join