It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Wake of the Election, Many are Wearing Safety Pins in Silent Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: roadgravel
This is a reflection of the fact that a Trump win has left a good part of your population feeling vulnerable. The level of discourse on this thread merely confirms their fears. I wouldn't be feeling too proud of that.

Vulnerable? Please. Trump hasn't even sat in the big chair yet.

This is a reflection of the fact that a good part of the population are self-entitled crybabies that don't know how to cope when they don't get their way whether the effects are real or imagined.

edit on 14-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
People in the US should worry about those behind the scenes. The president is just a face display for people to love or hate.

I imagine a lot of people in the mideast haven't been thrilled by either Bush or Obama.

If people want to display and opinion with a pin or sign, so be it. But if a pin could fix it, we would be done by now.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I voted leave and I will defend anyone suffering bigotry and hatred wherever I see it in the UK.
I don't need a visible pin to reinforce that.
Action challenging bigotry wherever we see it will create change. Safety pins just seem to be a perceived action for people who probably haven't the guts to actually intervene in the real world.
As useful as a Facebook status or overlayed profile pic, but hey if it makes y'all feel warm and fuzzy go for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Their own actions and words caused this and now they need a safe space from the hell they created for themselves.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that their concerns were caused directly by Trump's own words...well, that and the fact that his election confirmed that he was speaking for a lot of people.

But...what would an ignorant foreigner know, eh?
edit on 14-11-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Apparently nothing.

Trump says secure the border: liberal media says "Trump hates Mexicans"

Trump says limit immigration from countries who have serious issues with Islamic terrorists: Liberal media says "Trump wants to ban all Muslims".

I think you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

So if they protest, that's too crazy and hateful yet if they quietly wear a pin, you knock them for that too?

I think it is fair to knock them and laugh.

Trump hat = violently attacked
Safety Pin = made fun of

Yea I think they deserve to be made fun of, considering how things work flopped around.
edit on 14-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Trump isn't a man of soft spoken words. The guy has a lot of balls to say what he says and tells it like it is. Haven't had a person like that in office for a long time. I'm no supporter but the man has some guts on what needs to be done. If you don't like it, just change the channel.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Trump supporters won the house, senate, presidency and maybe even the popular vote if the states hanging out there would ever finish counting. Protesters can have whatever is left I guess. They were silenced so if they want an official silenced safety pin to call their own go for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Easy to identify the losers that way...and to offer them our sympathy for pinning their hopes on a disasterous candidate.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was expecting a safety pin.. through both the upper and lower lip... fastened tight.

I was disappointed.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Trump supporters won the house, senate, presidency and maybe even the popular vote if the states hanging out there would ever finish counting. Protesters can have whatever is left I guess. They were silenced so if they want an official silenced safety pin to call their own go for it.

Seeing as how the GOP is already reining Trump in by pointing out just what the House won't support, it'll be interesting to see how his supporters react.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes, and I am waiting for the protest shoe to be on the other foot, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Yes, and I am waiting for the protest shoe to be on the other foot, so to speak.

... and Ill protest right along side of the snowflakes on a few issues, but lets let the guy screw up first before we get all outraged.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Heh... I respect you Advantage, but I cannot respect your methodology. Gary the new guy in the warehouse... You can cut him some slack. He messes up, some stock gets misplaced. A world leader screws up, people die, sometimes lots of them. That's why you are supposed to elect people who are not morally retarded, and why the presence of Hillary and Trump on the ballot was the most sickening assault on good sense and liberty since the beginning of the mass surveillance state.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: projectvxn

Their own actions and words caused this and now they need a safe space from the hell they created for themselves.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that their concerns were caused directly by Trump's own words...well, that and the fact that his election confirmed that he was speaking for a lot of people.

But...what would an ignorant foreigner know, eh?

Clearly not enough to recognize that the media propaganda whipped this up into the mass panic frenzy your witnessing.

America used to be tougher and more resilient than this. Now everyone just wants to cry because they don't get their way. There's a reason they call the generation that fought WWII "The Greatest Generation".

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
America used to be tougher and more resilient than this. Now everyone just wants to cry because they don't get their way. There's a reason they call the generation that fought WWII "The Greatest Generation".

I would venture to say that they had better leadership. Not sure how many of them would want to lay down their lives for one of Trump's fits of pique. Not sure how many of the present-day military would, either.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is my new symbol. Why is it all of a sudden everyone feels they're under heavy sniper fire or something? Oh wait..

edit on 14-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Advantage

Heh... I respect you Advantage, but I cannot respect your methodology. Gary the new guy in the warehouse... You can cut him some slack. He messes up, some stock gets misplaced. A world leader screws up, people die, sometimes lots of them. That's why you are supposed to elect people who are not morally retarded, and why the presence of Hillary and Trump on the ballot was the most sickening assault on good sense and liberty since the beginning of the mass surveillance state.

And what is my methodology??

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Abysha

Seems any form of resistance from wild protest in the streets to quiet symbols worn on ones clothes is still too much for the people who believe that we should just bend over and 'take it " without a wimper.

For so many years the Right has stated that the Left is weak, they don't fight back, they just bend over and take it.

So, now, when the Left says "we aren't gonna be quiet and take it" - - - they get thrashed for standing up and fighting back.

Guess what Right - - - your problem.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join