It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a Break Friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey ATS Friends,

I am dropping a note to say I'm taking a break. Why? Well, I'm on here a lot and there are some folks who would miss me, so I didn't want to appear to drop off the face of the earth.

I have a ton of stress in my life in general, and the election (my fears and very strong reaction to it) has physically affected me to the point where I need to step back and take care of myself. I have a medically fragile son (and one with severe autism) and we've had medical issues lately that were concerning with him, as well as now I am feeling like I am starting to crack under the strain. I'm headed to the doctor myself today to see what's up - hopefully just stress and I'll be back to feeling ok soon.

I need to take care of myself, my family, and that's about as far as I can go right now. For those in my "Experiment: Send out the Light" thread, know that I maintain the vigil, and will return to check in when I can. ATS is a harsh and toxic place to be sometimes, though much nicer than many places on the internet. I'm pretty much addicted to coming here! Forcing myself away from the keyboard and from your articles and conversations is a huge challenge!!!

So why announce it? Am I looking for drama? No - it's the only way I can hold myself accountable and not cheat on taking a break! Lol!!! If I could just head to the Shed or my "Light" thread, that would be different, but really, I can't help myself, and next thing I know I'm typing out long replies and researching links, and there goes the day, with me feeling even more stressed out than when it started.

There are so many folks I care about here - I hold you in my heart.

In the immortal words of the Terminator, "I'll be back."

= AB

(Hopefully the Aliens won't land or something while I'm on break.
)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Disclosure literally just happened and now you won't even know. Sad

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'll miss you AB.
Take care of yourself...and those who depend on you.
You and your family remain n my prayers.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Love you AB! You will not be gone because we will be holding you all in our hearts until your return! (Remember you can always slip quietly into The Shed and say hi!)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Take care of yourself and your family, ATS will be here when you return.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Take care AB , we'll still be here when you return.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
AboveBoard, I tried that once... Actually I was banned for a week and a half. It's like quitting smoking, the first three days being the most alarming, after that it was .....cake ?

Perhaps a 1,000 piece puzzle to pass the time, herbal tea and soft background music..... See ya around.....

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time.
You have been kind and helped me in the past and believe that I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you and your family.
The fires will be burning when you return, (f not the same members there will be folks who care) if/when you choose and if I can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You will be missed for sure!

Taking a vacation is never a bad thing. Hope to see you back soon with a fresh mind and, as always, your loving words. Sending good vibes and prayers your way.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You Know Where We Are If You Need Us AB's!
Now, Go Do What You Have To Do.

and... Don't Hesitate To Let Me Know If There's Anything I can Do To Help??

Gx

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Love you Sweetheart! You take the time you need and we will all be here for you when you get back. In the meantime, you can send a PM if you'd like and I will be there for you that way. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family and you will be close in my thoughts and in my heart!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Take care. We'll be here when you can come back.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I wish You well! May Your time away help You heal, Your Body and Soul. Many Blessings and Positive energies sent Your way.
See You when You come back! Syx...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Feel "Betters" Soon!

If you need a fix to fill in the space left from posting , please continue with the character from Joe's Junk Shop. Let your talent help heal you.

All the Best & Blessings.
Missie

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You will be missed gentle soul!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Electronic hugs and kisses
And best o’ wishes!
See you in the future
The crew will still be here!
Arguing obscure points of memory
For flag and star glory.
You deserve a rest…
But we’ll miss you here on ATS!

Some things are more important than winning an argument on-line!

Take care!

-TEOT

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Take care AboveBoard, family does come first along with health...See you soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

AboveBoard,

I hope your visit with the doctor goes well, and that you get the rest your mind and body needs. You and your people will be in my thoughts and prayers, of that you must rest assured.

Go in peace, and know that we love you!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hey AB? Do what you feel is right for you and yours right now. Its THE most important thing. Be good to yourself and come back when you can. You know you can P.M. me and everyone else anytime, right? Many of us can relate and share similar situations as yours.

Life is short. Make the best of it you can, however you can, when you have to. That which doesnt kill us...just makes us STRONGER. Its ok. We'll be here waiting on you to come back or just drop in a minute...

Again...p.m. any of us should you want to talk. ATS is more than a "conspiracy" site. Be it as it may...it's also a family. We may be dis-functional at times...but most families can be...but we're stilll FAMILY.

Peace, Love 'n Light, Always.....Mysterioustranger (but not so much a "Stranger", but "friend")

edit on 14-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: edit

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'm going with you. This place is more toxic than entertaining.
I'll miss you!!!

I'll miss all of my friends here, too - but we've been crowded out, so - meh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join