It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it comes California, Be Prepared!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
I was talking to my friend about this yesterday. He think's I'm full of #, So i hope California goes under just so i can say "I told you so".

I am a terrible person

If you really mean that you have way passed terrible person. You are actually quite sick. Please see someone, or do something to improve your circumstances so you have other things to consider rather than the destruction of our country.

I hope and pray this doesn't happen. California is such a beautiful state, with so many fascinating, creative people.
Let us all stay safe.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
WTF, does that have to do with a super moon??
Anyway, yes we are over due!!! Lost my train of thought!!! Be back!

Oh dear, you have much to learn how full moons have been utilized in the past for blood sacrifices. On top of that there are what are called Moon Daemons that always strike people on 30 day Lunar cycles.

Scalar weaponry was probably used against the globalists down in their underground base in New Zealand. So with the gravitational pull of the close moon, it didn't take much power to destroy the D.U.M.B in New Zealand.

Then with standard tactics, do the initial attack then hit again after the elitist medical teams go in to save their elitist buddies. Bammm, earthquake number 2 at 6.3 Richter.

Its quite funny actually, because there are going to be loads of D.U.M.B's being terminated now.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

I am not wishing this on anyone. I do not take pleasure in massive destruction.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Any force of nature is impossible to predict, I really hope this is nothing, I have been like the rest of you hearing about the BIG one for decades and while there have been some major earthquakes, none have done the damage that one placed in a particular spot with a high magnitude could or would do.

Personally, I have avoided being anywhere near California or the west coast for that matter because of this very reason. SuperMoon or not. Best of luck to you and your family in any case.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

There are major faults everywhere. Nobody is hating on California, I think this is a wide ranging area that could be affected. The New Madrid fault is certainly not overlooked and is also way overdue. Yes, they are woefully unprepared should that happen, there are many nuclear reactors that could be affected along the Mississippi river and the destruction would be just as devastating.

Nature does not discriminate and is very unpredictable in many forms, however, earthquakes are the very hardest to predict and is unseen until it is seen. Animals are probably the best predictor, birds react and many times there is a fish kill that happens prior, I think because of the sulfur release or carbon dioxide, but dogs and cats have sensitive hearing that picks up the sound waves possibly.

I do not know if the SuperMoon affects anything, but I am sure to some degree that the magnetic energy from celestial bodies increases the gravitational pull at key times that affect the Earth and therefore cause the crust to shift and there is a tidal pull that creates a displacement of mass amounts of water.

Depending on the location of the Earths tilt when this occurs in relation to said gravitational pull most likely affects the particular area pointed in that direction. I do, also, think that the Sun plays a huge role and perhaps the moon phases are a result of that. I really do not know for sure what causes major earthquakes only to say it is like the Earth is a pressure cooker looking for a place to release major build up of energy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Please, feel free to read some of my other replies.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
Please, feel free to read some of my other replies.

Please feel free to post some evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: incoserv
Read post in its entirety.

I did. I am specifically questioning the general statement in regards full moons.

Do you have an answer?

I have a new hypothesis.
A supermoon fullmoon combo causes people to lose their reading comprehension abilities.
Oh wait, can you lose something you never had? Nevermind...

To answer your original question :
Yes a flashlight can cause earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
To answer your original question :
Yes a flashlight can cause earthquakes.

Only if it is a Maglite. Those things are heavy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Well, that and the greater the light source the more magnetic energy is dispersed? I for one am not sure how the phases of the Moon affect the Earth, but over the years it does seem to correlate somehow. We understand very little about gravitational pull and magnetic interference from celestial bodies, but I am of the opinion that the energy of all is connected and therefor affected.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm CA born and bred. 70 years.

I'f I'd panicked every time someone claimed "The Big One is Coming" - - - I'd never have had a life.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The Earth has an iron core and 2 diametrically opposed polarities that are constantly changing direction and being pulled and tugged every second, it stands to reason common sense wise that traveling through space Earth would be constantly bombarded by magnetic energy from other celestial bodies, right? Some closer than others. The reason I think it is possible for the Moon to have more effect at key times is because it is locked into orbit with the Earth and acts as some kind of conductivity outlet, so, depending on the positioning may have a greater affect.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, panic is not what I was looking for, I know Californians have been desensitized to earthquakes and predictions, it is like brushing your teeth, but never the less, the west coast is on the ring of fire and prone to this happening. Seismic activity is something I monitor weekly, just looking for patterns and while it is difficult to predict when and where, they do happen regularly, what I noticed yesterday was that there were some places that got rocked very close to each other and California or the west coast in general looked like the next possible hit.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Guys, Guys, Guys you always leave it to me..

Yes the moon can cause earthquakes! We know this as over more recent years when the moon is aligning with Planet X, earth and the sun, we get an extra boost of intensity, compared to the usual PX, sun, earth alignment (twice yearly).

California will be under the waves very soon. We've just had a GPS station in New Zealand moved by a couple of meters, big plate movement..so we also have one of our twice yearly alignment EQs to occur at the predicted date of November 28th, has been falling later each year, but this was taken into consideration with this prediction.

So up until then EQS will increase in strength and frequency. just how big will this alignment eq be? Where? Well the pressure has worked its way round the pacific. Last time the pressure petered out around Mexico. Its also coming from the north and both 'Waves' of pressure converge, or should I say will converge on the Juan E Fuca plate, this is a locking point, Nee Madrid goes soon after this. It's always possible we could this time round have our event in the US.

I'm also considering the Zetatalk 7/10 plate movements could possibly commence on the 28th November.

Get ready Guys were almost there!

terral03.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bull# three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless f**king hole we call L.A.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f**king time. Any f**king day. Learn to swim,
I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Funny that you posted that particular song. They've been playing it on the radio multiple times a day for the past several weeks...we've been cracking jokes about it because it's so apropos to the current situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

That is terrible, what is wrong with you?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Increased (or even decreased) tidal activity could by all means be relevant to seismology. If the tide is at its greatest (or lowest) for say 70 years, then there is probably more (or indeed less) water hitting a coastline, and with greater (or lesser) power than normal.

There could also be a coastal cliff which is significantly eroded and vulnerable to collapse, so increased power in the waves could be a trigger. The same applies to flooding due to an unusually high tide (or caverns taking more water than normal, or indeed water escaping from them). While that would hardly be on the scale of an earthquake in and of itself, people or property could easily be affected. A large enough collapse could also potentially affect a nearby fault.

If we take Great Britain for example, we're far enough away from the Atlantic Ridge and Africa to not worry about this, but that doesn't mean we couldn't experience a severe landslip. But when you consider that pretty much the entire Pacific coastline of America are fault lines then in my humble opinion there would be an increased chance of seismic activity worth worrying about - maybe that would be a minute risk, but if we're talking about highly-prone faults then surely it's relevant.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
Increased (or even decreased) tidal activity could by all means be relevant to seismology.

There is only one research article on the topic and it has not been completely vetted, nor does it take in various types of subduction zones. The theory that the lunar cycle influences seismic activities is not proven at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Woah, you are in it something deep bruv. I have got to say, i haven't seen rhetoric like this on ATS in some while.

Either too many call of duty games or some serious tin foil hattery right here.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

What does the miniscule tide, or it's equally miniscule under water cliff have to do with the truly enormous seismic forces at play. its an entertaining thought to think the moon can affect the earths inner layers, but the affect is insignificant compaired to the force of earths own influence on itself.

To put it plainly the force the earth acts on itself to keep itself together is part and parcel to why we experience the seismic activity we do. The earth is literally crushing, heating and recycling itself. Over and over, a chaotic struggle to stabilize against a seemingly perpetual cycle.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago420311pm by Aeshma because: Tablet auto corrected heating to hearing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join