It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Donald Trump Says He Will Take $1 Dollar Salary as President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Clintons claimed a tax deduction of two dollars for every pair of used underwear they donated to charity but only one dollar for Chelsea's used underwear in 1988.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: mkultra11
Very commendable. I'm sure it will get spun somehow.

They will say it's some kind of IRS tax dodging trick.

Wait for it.

Didn't have to wait very long at all. The butthurt flows through this thread like the tears of a thousand SJW Hillary voters.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
@Deny Arrogance

Probably going to a good cause like a Japanese street vending machine company that sells female used underwear.

These Clintons are sickos!

edit on 14-11-2016 by CyberSonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Starting my day with great news. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What should happen is all the presidents assets should be sold and converted into cold hard cash on day 1 of them being in office and they'll get back whats left depending on how well the economy is doing when they leave office.

Add in plenty of rules about passing ownership of stuff etc but it'll certainly focus the minds, perhaps also do it for congress/senators as well and soon there would be a totally different government.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Sure this wasn't something said in jest?

He will be so busy, I doubt he will end up doing it all for nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

It's a shell game.

The President gets a salary. What is Trump going to do, refuse to take it and let it be reabsorbed into the government coffers, with no say how it's spent? Or, as it is HIS money, will he divert it to (tax free) charities of his own choice?

Also, you all should know that the President of the United States is exempt from Conflict of Financial Interest laws, which are imposed on every other lawmaker. And while Trump has claimed he is putting his businesses into a "blind Trust", he isn't required to, and isn't really doing so, as his 3 children are going to be running his businesses and that doesn't constitute a true "Blind Trust".

edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Good, he will still be overpaid thought. Also I am pretty sure if it weren't for the "tax loophole" even if he spent 8 years in the White House, he would still owe money in back taxes!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
what's that old saying???

you get what you paid for????

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0
His networth is currently considered at 3.7 Billion USD. The US president gets $400,000 per year which is subject to income tax. In this case, that's around 35-40%. So he says "No" to 250k at most per year. When he has billions and continues building on those.

Doesn't make him that much of a saint in my eyes.

Surely, a small village in a third-world country, or a few poor families in the States could see these 250k as a blessing from the heavens. But somehow I feel that's the last place the money will go to.

p.s. And the presidential place provides to be a good time-energy investment - if you have a media empire becoming the US president even for a day would do yo wonders. Anyhow, looking forward to his first 100 days and where that takes us.

Man...you and others here are doing a lot of contortions on what is a largely symbolic gesture by the President-elect.

Trump, instead of a salary of $400,000, will take a salary of $1. I assume the $1 is a requirement to establish that he is an employee of the Federal Government, as opposed to a Volunteer.

This means that, however you cut it, $399,999 will be left in Government coffers. The annual deficit will be lower by this amount while he is President.

He does not need the cash, obviously, and he sets the tone that he is there for the sole benefit of the American People...giving up his service to the nation in a time of need (much like the "dollar a year people" during WWI,WWII and the Korean War).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So Trump does this and it's bad to some people.

Kennedy did it too and it was good.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Kennedy didn't make his wealth a talking point in his campaign.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

This means that, however you cut it, $399,999 will be left in Government coffers.

So, the federal government will be the recipient of Trump's donation, without his say of where the dollars will go?

I don't believe that for one second.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Income tax is between 35-40%. So around $150k either way goes into the country. So no, $250k instead of the 399,999 you said. INCOME TAX

This is no contortion, it is fact. While it would be a saint's gesture coming from someone else, Trump can afford not getting these 250k per year (or 400k per year, for that matter). In its basis it IS a good gesture but it doesn't balance out all the bigotry and sexism prior to him being elected. He can do that by running the country in a non-destructive way, which I'm hoping for both yours (US citizens) and others (world citizens) sake.

Ever heard of this homeless and jobless man (102 years of age and still kicking) who donated 40,000 Euro over the years to a few churches? All money he got on the street from passers by. Dobri Dobrev. It IS churches that he's donated to, which I don't think is the best route for the money but it's his donations.

While he's no saint and I think this is a mistake (as much as Hillary would be), I'm really curious to see what he'll do as president as this is unprecedented. First time I see conservatives being so PC...
edit on 14-11-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Kennedy didn't make his wealth a talking point in his campaign.

If he did, he would not have won.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Agreed. Plus, I think the Kennedy's were richer then, than Donald Trump is now.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow... Donald is so great he'll push torture, racial profiling, mass deportations, and Muslim Ban for free??

He's being such a great role model for White Supremacists everywhere!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If I were in his shoes and didn't need the money, I'd at least take the salary and give it all to a charity or something.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What!!! This is a disgrace.
He said he was taking no salary and he is now taking $1. Flip flopped again!

edit on 14/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: St Udio
instead of working for that dollar bill

Trump should have the salary be spent on re-educating Liberal+Leftists because they are suffering a continual brain fart which causes them to demean All others who are not Liberal/Leftists with some nonsensical college degree in Eubonics

Eubonics?

It is a European Union coarse.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join