It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Donald Trump Says He Will Take $1 Dollar Salary as President

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
His networth is currently considered at 3.7 Billion USD. The US president gets $400,000 per year which is subject to income tax. In this case, that's around 35-40%. So he says "No" to 250k at most per year. When he has billions and continues building on those.

Doesn't make him that much of a saint in my eyes.

Surely, a small village in a third-world country, or a few poor families in the States could see these 250k as a blessing from the heavens. But somehow I feel that's the last place the money will go to.

p.s. And the presidential place provides to be a good time-energy investment - if you have a media empire becoming the US president even for a day would do yo wonders. Anyhow, looking forward to his first 100 days and where that takes us.
edit on 13-11-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

Bill and Hillary took a salary for 8 years

And stole $200K in furniture, china and artwork from the White House.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This means little to me. the clintons took the 400k salary and made 100's of millions.

I will be impressed on how he handles taxes, obamacare,congress term limits, and foreign outsourcing.

edit on 501130America/ChicagoSun, 13 Nov 2016 21:50:04 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Love the no long vacations part too!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Should make his taxes easier.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Trump's greedy... every buck Obama has seen as POTUS he has quickly passed to someone else.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
He is going to request a fancy solid gold frame to frame that buck from the presidential expense fund though.. Our government pays way too much for things, that frame will probably cost more than his salary would have been.

Or he will donate it to the Clinton Foundation out of respect.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
One day we will have a POTUS that actually kinda needs the salary...one day.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: LifeMode

Bill and Hillary took a salary for 8 years

And stole $200K in furniture, china and artwork from the White House.

And then demanded a finders fee when it got returned.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
instead of working for that dollar bill

Trump should have the salary be spent on re-educating Liberal+Leftists because they are suffering a continual brain fart which causes them to demean All others who are not Liberal/Leftists with some nonsensical college degree in Eubonics

Eubonics?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: St Udio
instead of working for that dollar bill

Trump should have the salary be spent on re-educating Liberal+Leftists because they are suffering a continual brain fart which causes them to demean All others who are not Liberal/Leftists with some nonsensical college degree in Eubonics

Eubonics?

It is a European Union coarse.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'll bet dollars to donuts that he's diverting it to his Presidential expense account, so that he doesn't have to pay taxes on it, or be obligated to present a tax return to the country. Or, he diverts it to the Trump Foundation. Same end. His pockets.

edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'll bet dollars to donuts that he's diverting it to his Presidential expense account, so that he doesn't have to pay taxes on it, or be obligated to present a tax return to the country.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Or he will donate it to the Clinton Foundation out of respect.

He could start the crooked Hillary defense fund....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would be more impressed if he allowed each state to pick a charity once per month over the course of his presidency and allotted his presidential salary to that charity. He already has more money than he needs, so maybe do something constructive with it. Something non profit and humanitarian. Could do wonders for his PR, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that score.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Following in Steve Jobs footsteps I see.

Lol steve jobs had stock in the company so even if he didnt take a check every time for work if his apple stock went up he got richer. Not even close to the same concept however I expect some will find a way to twist this.
edit on 13-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Another 180 pivot!

He said he would take NO salary!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
He is going to request a fancy solid gold frame to frame that buck from the presidential expense fund though.. Our government pays way too much for things, that frame will probably cost more than his salary would have been.

My first thought was, "That would be a pretty big frame."

Turns out, maybe not.

Figuring $1 bill at about 2.5" x 6", a border of about 2" around the bill, a gold spot price at about $1220.00, the frame would be about 9.5" by 14.5" and 1" thick of .999 gold. It would weigh about 20.5 lbs. This is assuming I didn't screw up by not converting ounces to troy ounces. I would not be offended if anyone checked my math on this.

I thought it would be huuuuge.

I wonder if he could write this off as a business loss on his taxes.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
One day we will have a POTUS that actually kinda needs the salary...one day.

Actually, I kind of like that statement.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That would be around three hundred thousand dollars. But remember, the government contractor will probably use filled gold to make it out of. It will have a core of lead. They will still charge for solid gold though.

Defense contractors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join