It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump rant gets Wanda Sykes Booed, she Tells em to F-U, Flips them the BIRD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

She was in Boston, so she thought it was a safe joke to make; she was wrong.

I don't think she was joking.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: seasonal

All the best comics are self absorbed liberals.

Tastes are irrelevant here tho.

If you are crying over what a comic says about Trump then perhaps you should sit down with a crying liberal and pat their stress dog too.

I don't think anyone was butthurt by anything she was saying.

More like first of all, common sense on where you are and why youre there should really apply in this case.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, does she really think it's in everyones best interest to ramp up inciteful rhetoric now? Or is now a good time that, although a comic, she can be impactful by displaying a tolerant stance that she cries isn't being displayed by Trump and his supporters.

In concept I agree, no one should take ANYTHING away from her performance other than comedy and it should start and end there....but being a good human being shouldn't end at the tip of your pen while endorsing a check.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump got boo'd and hissed at when he made Hillary Clinton jokes at that snooty-people's dinner 3 weeks ago. He didn't react like a child though.

It's called class.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

All the best comics are self absorbed liberals.

Tastes are irrelevant here tho.

If you are crying over what a comic says about Trump then perhaps you should sit down with a crying liberal and pat their stress dog too.
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I seems like the comic is the one who is crying, can't handle being told no by the American public who didn't vote her way. Then tells the people who paid to help cure cancer to F-U and give them the bird.

But you right I'm crying.....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

She actually was trying to reduce tension by saying he won't be the first sexist, racist, homophobe in office. Some Trump people got their panties in a knot and then she went a bit Kramer.

Chapelle did a better job with his SNL set about Trump and was a lot more productive.

They're not in the same ballpark however so it's probably not fair.

But you're right about common sense, she should've thrown a few cancer jokes in there and shown she cared for the cause.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: alphabetaone

She actually was trying to reduce tension by saying he won't be the first sexist, racist, homophobe in office. Some Trump people got their panties in a knot and then she went a bit Kramer.

Chapelle did a better job with his SNL set about Trump and was a lot more productive.

They're not in the same ballpark however so it's probably not fair.

But you're right about common sense, she should've thrown a few cancer jokes in there and shown she cared for the cause.

Or simply avoided the whole election process in her diatribe and, instead, talked about something that we can all agree upon....that the middle east is a cesspool...that's always good for a laugh.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I seems like the comic is the one who is crying, can't handle being told no by the American public who didn't vote her way. Then tells the people who paid to help cure cancer to F-U and give them the bird.

But you right I'm crying.....

Sweet, no argument then.

If the audience is offended at a comedy gig that's the audience's fault.
Maybe one day all comics can be as inoffensive as Bill Cosby but I really hope not.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

She actually was trying to reduce tension by saying he won't be the first sexist, racist, homophobe in office.

The inflection in her voice wasn't of a diffusing or a reducing of tension. She was angry the American people can be so stupid and vote for the racist homoph...........

Liberals can't take anything not going their way.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If the audience is offended at a comedy gig that's the audience's fault.

It wasn't her "bit", "gig" or her "set" she is actually pi$$ed because she knows that HRC was supposed to get elected and can't imagine how the Trump voters can be so uninformed.

That's why she did the F-U and the flip of the bone to the audience. The little comic can't imagine a world were she didn't get her little way. So she made an a$$ of herself in front of a CANCER FUNDRAISER because she is the center of the universe.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm not denying she's cut up about the result. That anger helped write that bit, gig or set.

But comic's whinge about stuff all the time.
It shouldn't be newsworthy.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm not denying she's cut up about the result. That anger helped write that bit, gig or set.

But comic's whinge about stuff all the time.
It shouldn't be newsworthy.

Generally they don't flip wood at the audience and tell them to F-U. That is bad form.

She wasn't kidding and this wasn't part of her set.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I already said she went a bit Kramer.
The individual F U's we're improvised, that's obvious.

But they deserved what they got. You don't yell out at the ballet.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think that her reaction or the audiences reaction are that newsworthy. Although, this was a fun video. I like Wanda Sykes' standup and her reaction seemed very typical of her comedy style which is a bit dirty and "real".

Any audience has to have a few Trump voters, right? They acted as if someone just judged them (at a cancer benefit) and shamed them in public. Nobody likes that. Pretty typical human behavior and it was entertaining.

What I'm fascinated by are the responses to this video. I love ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

already said she went a bit Kramer.
The individual F U's we're improvised, that's obvious.

But they deserved what they got. You don't yell out at the ballet.

You don't seem to understand that she wasn't doing a bit. But that's OK it will take about 4 months for the 50,000,000 plus shell shocked cry babies like the comic who couldn't do her job because she lost to come to understand that things don't always go their way.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
DP
edit on 13-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You quote me saying that she went a bit Kramer and that she improvised the F U's.

Then tell me I don't understand it wasn't part of her bit. I'm just confused now.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You quote me saying that she went a bit Kramer and that she improvised the F U's.

Then tell me I don't understand it wasn't part of her bit. I'm just confused now.

You seem to think that it is all part of the show, I contend that she lost it because she can't believe how dumb the majority of people were on the 8th. And that wasn't part of the show and it wasn't an improvised.

Improvisation follows the logic that if was part of a show, it wasn't. This was like a good fight in the parking lot at 2 AM, not worthy of a comic that is at a cancer fund raiser.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Sweet so you don't understand what I meant when I said she went a bit Kramer, or what i meant when I said improvised.

This has been productive.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Wanda Sykes comedy is like taking a really long and painful sh#t. You just want it to be over.

BOO!!!!! HISS!!!!
You've stolen someone else's joke and just added "Wanda Sykes"

That's a giant no no in the laugh industry. Where's Carlos Mencia?
Unfortunately a lot of people didn't care other than comedians and writer's though. It was okay though he loved America and performed for the troops. Which is great but theft is theft and bullying comedians he stole not only jokes but material. Tsk tsk tsk.

Listening to GodEmperor talk about Wanda Sykes jokes is like warts you just want it over with.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I do believe there is a time and place for these crying sessions. If she was going to make fun of Trump well then go ahead, but going on line she did and then telling the crowd f u is uncalled for.

The best part of this is Leary telling the audience she deserves their respect for coming from Cali? Really? How about she respecting the platform on which she was granted for a charity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join