It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Defense Minister warns Trump of a rapprochement with Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
«Donald Trump should be wary of possible rapprochement with Russia as NATO, which stood by the US after the 9/11 attacks, “isn’t just a business,” and needs backup in countering Moscow on Syria and Ukraine issues, the German defense minister said.

Appearing on the ZDF Thursday show ‘Maybrit Illner’, German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen emotionally argued that the US president-elect needs to understand NATO is more about values than business-like behavior. [...] "Donald Trump has to say clearly on which side he is. Whether he is on the side of the law, peaceful order and democracy or whether he does not care about this and is looking instead for a best buddy,” von der Leyen said [...]»

Complete article at: www.rt.com...

You see who's standing for freedom here, almost threatening Trump if he dares not to lead a lunatic and aggressive foreign policy which could trigger WWIII with one of the biggest superpowers in the world.... «For law, democracy and order» I can't believe it, how is it called when mythomaniacs start to believe their own lies? I'm sure it has a name in the psychiatric field!

Bonus: Sore globalists showing their outrageous elitist contempt for «the uneducated, low-information White people» who voted Trump, it's here, a very bright (but honest) conclusion: Democracy is the rule of the people, but the people are in many ways unfit to rule..

Masks are definitely falling off after this election !

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SolomonKayne

Ursula von der Leyen is a very great idiot who is part of the reason that Merkel's party has gone down to defeat in recent elections and will eventually go down to total defeat as their alliance with the Bavarian Christian Democrats collapses.

Ursula von der Leyen was fond of saying before the election that Trump could not and would not be elected. She was wrong on that, and that was only the tip of the iceberg.

Immediately after the election results were announced she screeched that the Pax Americana was in jeopardy .. even as Merkel was busy blaming the Russians for interfering in German elections.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They'll all be gone come the German elections. These warmongers have no place in the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolomonKayne
"Donald Trump has to say clearly on which side he is. Whether he is on the side of the law, peaceful order and democracy or whether he does not care about this and is looking instead for a best buddy,” von der Leyen said [...]»

So Nato is the best buddy right ?

Because Russia aren't the ones starting proxy wars and building up bases, armed forces and missile defences around their borders

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
They'll all be gone come the German elections. These warmongers have no place in the world.

I concur.

First Brexit, then Trumps victory. Pretty soon we will witness a wave of worldwide obstruction of globalist policy.

I predict that there will be more secessions from the EU in 2017.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This should not come out as a surprise to anyone, considering the last time the US and Russia teamed up, Germany got...well, you know.

Appearing on the ZDF Thursday show ‘Maybrit Illner’, German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen emotionally argued that the US president-elect needs to understand NATO is more about values than business-like behavior. [...] "Donald Trump has to say clearly on which side he is. Whether he is on the side of the law, peaceful order and democracy or whether he does not care about this and is looking instead for a best buddy,” von der Leyen said [...]»

This...makes me sick in my stomach. This is the very reason I despise NATO. Peace, law and democracy? Seriously? How do these brainwashed demagogues explain Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yugoslavia?
edit on 756k2016Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Gotta love it when people are blasting a desire to get rid of terrorist groups such as ISIS as an attack on law and order. What do they think will happen if Assad's government falls? All the terrorists and fighters and rebels will put down their guns and decry their previous allegiances and come together for a new era of peace? No, the fighting will just be amplified and multiplied. The officials know this. It's common sense to everyone with a brain. Just look at what happened in Libya. When we got rid of Gaddafi, Libya fell apart and went to **** while the terrorists and fighters and rebels ran rampant.
Like I said, the officials know this. But they want the fighting and disorder to continue. Why, you ask? Well, there's a common phrase you've probably heard: "Follow the money".

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah, the elite want us as pawns and they can't comprehend that many of us do not like being pawns. The war in Ukraine was started by greed, desire for their resources. Europe didn't want any of their money going to Russia. The supposedly free world actually started that conflict, it was not Russia. I do not agree with Russia on a lot of things, but I do agree they have a right to protect their allies. Europe and the US are responsible for a lot of the of the problems in Syria. We funded the rebels and that is causing all the people dying and fleeing the country. We gave the rebels resources to do it. Is that Russia's fault? Is it Syria's fault? The Supposedly free world is actually responsible for starting that conflict. If we would not have overthrown Sadam, Isis would not have taken hold in that country and their people would be better off too. No weapons of mass destruction found, the information they got was not true. Who's fault is that? What was their source, I think it was all made up.

I am getting kind of fed up with all the lies and twisting of facts. I cannot stop anyone in the US from believing that Russia is bad for protecting their country from us sticking weapons on their borders. Russia is not going to just give in, they have more nukes than we do. But I doubt if the USA really lowered their arsenals either, they probably paid to produce new ones under the table just as Russia did.

The propaganda is getting thick, we will wind up in WW3 if we do not watch it. If Russia pulled the stuff like we did in the Ukraine and in Syria, or put sanctions against us, we would start attacking them. I think they are acting reasonably for all the crap we are throwing at them.

I love America, I am happy here but think the people at the top are getting reckless and jeopardizing our lives. We need to straighten this out, it is not good to be so pushy. I know, I am a nobody, I do not know their plans and should shut up and accept what the ones in power want me to.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Yea...America got pretty irate when Russia wanted to stick missiles on our doorstep..... but for some reason Russia is being unreasonable when we wanna unpack our toys on theirs

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This should not come out as a surprise to anyone, considering the last time the US and Russia teamed up, Germany got...well, you know.

I was actually thinking about Brzezinski's explanations given in The Great Chessboard, i.e. avoiding at all costs an alliance of continental Europe around a Paris-Berlin-Moscow axis which could rival the thalassocratic USA. No wonder European sellouts like Von Der Leyen act this way. An interesting article about this here

Let's see how Trump will manage with all the members of the Deep State. I'm not a big fan of Marine le Pen but I hope she'll get elected next year, as well as the AfD in Germany; that could seriously grind the gears of the imperialist-globalist war machine.
edit on 13-11-2016 by SolomonKayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Time for the european nations to stop freeloading and take care of their own defense necessities for a change. I'd like to see Trump withdraw all US military from europe.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
When the Soviet Union collapsed we should have extended a hand to Russia and welcomed them as partners in trade and diplomacy,The neo-cons and liberals kept them at arms length and gloated over winning the cold war.Thats why we are in this situation.Maybe we still have a chance of normalizing relations and working together against radical Islam and One World Government.Those are the real threats to life and freedom.And Nikola014 has a good point about Germany being nervous-but they should worry a LOT more about the islamists they allowed into their country,hope they stop that crap,would love to go to Oktoberfest if I ever get the funds.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I love it, European leaders are freaking out about a whole Host of issues
As well they should

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Next year Germany has elections....and here comes AFD....

CDU, CSU, Green party, etc.... bye bye... I believe AFD will be the new government after Merkels decision to let one million in NOT counting their 4 wives and 20 children.

It is time to "drain the swamp" in Berlin!

What is wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Here I have to agree with him. The soundest policy is Nixon's policy- friendly overtures to China as a way of reining in Russia.
Russia has been trying to exert "protective" influence over states in the west since the War of the Austrian Succession, nearly three centuries ago. It is not a good idea to relax our vigilance too much.

edit on 14-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well, Germany is one of the nations that has allowed defence spending to reduce to such an extent that they are wholly dependent on America and NATO. If Germany wants to be taken seriously then they need to invest more in their military.

I am no fan of Trump (and not even American), but Trump was quite correct to question why the US seems to be the country that spends money on defence, that will ultimately be used to protect countries that don't.

NATO countries are supposed to spend 2% of their GDP on defence. Germany spends 1.2%.; France 1.8%; Luxembourg 0.5%; UK and Poland are over 2%, as is the US.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: SolomonKayne
"Donald Trump has to say clearly on which side he is. Whether he is on the side of the law, peaceful order and democracy or whether he does not care about this and is looking instead for a best buddy,” von der Leyen said [...]»

So Nato is the best buddy right ?

Because Russia aren't the ones starting proxy wars and building up bases, armed forces and missile defences around their borders

Their borders, not other peoples border's, I think its only the America's where America does not have a base? plus some African states. Okay, America does not have bases in Russia or China, I think they would not be very happy if the Americans did !
Typing of Russia, it has mostly been invaded from the west, by:- Germany, twice, the UK, France, Sweden, the USA, (yes it has, just after WW 1, read history) Poland, and the Norsemen. The Mongols, (from the east) and the Huns, (from the east) so yes, the Russians are entitled to a bit of paranoia, and keep their western borders strong.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Yes, but most recently Russia has done the invading and occupying. Eastern Europe and the Baltic was under the Russian jack boot for many decades after WW2. In the last few years we have had annexations in Ukraine and Georgia. Russia is no victim in the games being played at the moment.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

let one million in NOT counting their 4 wives and 20 children.

So they let in 1,000,024? LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Hundreds of Europeans getting massacred by Muslim immigrants is "peaceful order"? Mass immigration is an example of "democracy"?

Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join