It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas, Kobach, Trump's Wall and the Future

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

LOL, exactly what is your alternative?

Refuse to be complacent. Protest, protest, protest. Make your representatives hear and respect your voice!

Hit him where it hurts. Boycott Trump businesses.
Boycott Trump List of of Companies to Refuse to Support

REPORT: Trump’s Hotel Business Plummets 59% Due To World Boycott

Ivanka Trump’s Brand Takes Beating as Consumer Boycott Gains Momentum

The Official #GrabYourWallet Boycott List of Companies that Do Business with and/or Back the Trump Family

Hold the upcoming Trump administration's feet to the fire. Question, criticize and call out every lie and fascist action. Stand up and be a voice for the fearful, the alienated and the disenfranchised, who have become easy pickins for Trump and his cronies.

Refuse to tolerate the normalization of sexism, bigotry, religious based intolerance and preferential treatment, or the erosion of our 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendment constitutional rights.

That's just off the top of my head.

edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

As per your link. The lack of job growth. Ouch!

But they don't care! They haven't for awhile. Whether it was moving jobs elsewhere or companies shedding jobs under "vulture capitalism". And just now, Rudy Giuliani cries over Trumpa's children being put out of work if daddy had to remove them from running his business.....“He would basically put his children out of work,” he added, “and they’d have to go start a whole new business, and that would set up new problems.

No sympathy for the little guy, but, oh, cries of the unfairness of it all if the rich person had to lose a job and find another. Why, those people are above the little people! They shouldn't have to be laid off and have to look for another job just like the little guy!

Oh, the problems of the rich! Pity the Billionaire.... as author Thomas Frank sarcastically says.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

what do you plan to do about all this? I'm not being argumentative, I am asking a real question.
If you are the person you claim to be, there should be nothing holding you back from running for some form of office. If you feel your state is failing, fix it. If your ideals are representative of those around you, it should be an attainable goal.

Funny you should say that. As a matter of fact, my very cool insurance agent was a Senator for a while, and a very cool teacher who I worked with on a daily basis just ran for office too.....

I don't want to be in politics. I'm a social worker. I'm not a politican. I would be annihilated on the first day.

I did my time, advocating for the immigrant work-force to have decent treatment, going to the urban core every day to help kids whose parents were meth-heads or parents whose kids were stealing cars....I helped people find the appropriate care they needed.

A three-year old had her front teeth removed because her parents would not stop giving her a bottle of sugar-rice-water as she fell asleep. Her teeth died; I was there for the family as support, transportation, interpreter, educator, and therapist.

I have other tales to tell about other former clients, but I will leave it at that. People need social services. They need case management when they can't get on their feet and don't know what to flipping do....when their lives fall apart despite their best efforts, they finally ask for help. I helped them.

I attended the Metro Mental Health Court every week, and when a person with substance abuse problems appeared (remember that the homeless "crazy people" are people who are NOT GETTING THEIR NEEDS MET -- they are often Veterans, or chronically Mentally Disturbed, or just people who had their life blow up in their faces ----- they are not getting help or their MEDS...so they use what they can get underground. (You CAN NOT legislate away mental illness. Drug use will happen because people need help.) SO - I became their case manager and counselor and helped them get their needs met.

And now we come to Reagan. He closed the mental health hospitals back before you were even an idea. He let loose the residents, the crazies --- without after-care of any kind. With no monitoring, no further assistance......he expected the public to step up and take care of it.

BUT NO ONE KNEW HOW unless they were a Social Worker. WE WERE THE ONES who picked up the pieces, who held the snip together for you all.
SURE - go ahead, cut us loose. I'd be more than happy to expatriate.

ANYWAY - long and short of it: because I know that I care too much, and am unable to see people in need or despair or torment as "ill." I see them as in need of care, not humiliation. Of help without regard to their ability to PAY.

I see people struggling to survive and you lot wanting to end that frail support they have. You've been gutting it for eight years now. Here ya go:

YOU BROKE IT! NOW YOU FIX IT!!

Anyway, that's enough. I could tell you more, but now I'm rambling on with a story that's too long and you don't really care anyway so that's why I don't run for office because it's all I can do to sit here and read what you all have to say through peep-holed fingers. I would be totally obliterated by politicking. I was nearly killed by social working.

So - that's why.
edit on 11/13/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You don't live here, you have NO PLACE to tell me, a resident of Kansas, a disgruntled professional white middle-aged woman with an advanced education in social policy.......

Oh my god, did you really just do that?

We don't care if you're a woman, white, middle-aged, or got that phony piece of paper.

You just called yourself out, in cause you're wondering.

I did. I just stated my case. Anyone who knows my post history already knows that. You new here? You got the guts to "out" yourself as a xenophobic misogynist homophobe uneducated monster-truck driver who thinks Alex Jones is the equivalent of the Pope?

You got the guts to do that?

hm??

didn't think so.
Coward with a keyboard.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Let me just leave you with a belated warning. If a Koch Industries or similar group puts out a really nice, sweet talking commercial, purring how wonderful they are and how committed they are to your community, throw a shoe at the tv or monitor or radio. They're out to seduce you before they screw you!

Here's a shoe:

Don’t let Koch’s New “End the Divide” Ad Fool You
The new Koch “end the divide” ads feature swelling music and fetching images of hard-working average Americans of all races and creeds. About the only thing noble missing from these incredibly slick and polished ad spots: the truth.
Between 1947 and 1979, the years that made up America’s most equal modern-day era, the nation’s most affluent 1 percent accounted for 7.8 percent of the nation’s average income growth. The bottom 90 percent accounted for 65.9 percent.

Since 1979, an entirely different story. Over the last three-and-a-half decades, the top 1 percent has grabbed 70.5 percent of all income growth.

And if we look at just the years 1997 through 2014, the figures turn even starker. The top 1 percent in these years accounted for 92.4 percent of all average income growth.

The bottom 90 percent? Since 1997, the real incomes of this vast majority of Americans have fallen by an average 0.3 percent a year.

I don't think a Bush Era Neocon foreign policy team will bring peace.

I don't think Mercer's double-speak [alt-right] ala Breitbart's Bannon will bring social stability.

I don't think Koch will bring prosperity to average Americans.

I don't think putting Climate Change Deniers in charge of EPA and Energy Policy positions will help the country or the World.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So....this just happened:

I was walking my dogs around the "common" (the church property) which is in the center of our block. We are on the top of a hill, with a great view of the surrounding valleys and hilltops.

My other-side-of-the-church neighbor came out and asked me about who I voted for.
(After we waved). I told him. He said he voted for Trump. This is a Chinese guy. Across from him is the stroke-victim and his wife who works at the polling place. Next to them is my neighbor who asked what was good about the morning, and I told her we have to keep smiling. So.

The Chinese guy with a very heavy chinese accent and I shook hands, and reintroduced each other, and had a very brief chat about what to do now. He agreed with me that we have to work together. That we all want what's best, and to remember, we are neighbors.

Yeah. So. That's my neighborhood.

In between me and the Chinese family is a Baptist Church, and they were making a real rukkus today as they lifted each other's spirits........it's all good.

We here, on our hill, will continue to get along and work together for the good of all of us.
Right here in Western Kansas City.

So, everybody: THERE. THAT is what I expect from this nation.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I've mentioned Dominionism in a couple of threads.

It generally gets ignored.

Seems only those of us who follow it - - - realize its danger.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I've mentioned Dominionism in a couple of threads.

It generally gets ignored.

Seems only those of us who follow it - - - realize its danger.
Sweetheart, Annee (and I mean that sincerely - I think you are a real sweetheart, and I have a lot of respect for you!) I've mentioned it in many many threads, and made a colossal one five years ago.

THANK YOU for being here. There are still a couple of us who see this for what it is.
Many of the others have left.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

We here, on our hill, will continue to get along and work together for the good of all of us.
Right here in Western Kansas City.

I only do politics here on ATS and reading info for myself on the internet.

I do not talk politics to people in real life. Unless, I go to a group that's meant to discuss politics.

My neighbor upstairs is a Trump supporter. We do not talk politics.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

THANK YOU for being here. There are still a couple of us who see this for what it is.
Many of the others have left.

Thank you too.

I'm a tough old broad. I may take breaks here and there - - - and pick and choose threads - - - but, I'm not leaving.

Someone has to welcome them back in 4 years

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

ACTUALLY - I just realized something....

NO ONE is talking about how all of this will land on the people the Information Technology field. The only time the internet is even mentioned is when it's about Russia hacking us, and all that, and yet the campaigns were all about the manufacturing and mining jobs.

Russia was HACKING US, and "Anonymous" and Wikileaks just all screwed up everything with their urping up of information that was like spilling a box of 65,000 toothpicks of information.

We are screwed.

After the 2008 "Crash",his job went away to India. There are still people in India and China working at this company. What will happen to that now?

Will the IT jobs come back? The call center jobs and the quality assurance jobs? Don't forget about that.
I happen to be one of those people who is working online and trying to make some sense out of all of this.

Unfortunately for the American work force, those jobs will not come back to the USA. Corporations and Investors are too greedy, we see it with Walmart all the time, the biggest receipient of Corporate Welfare, between the food stamps and medicare that their employees are entitled to due to low wages, and the amount of food stamps that is spent there. I am in the KC area too, only on the Missouri side, we elected a whole boatload of questionable republicans this time around, the next 4 years will be interesting.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Refuse to tolerate the normalization of sexism, bigotry, religious based intolerance and preferential treatment, or the erosion of our 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendment constitutional rights.

That's just off the top of my head.

Once more, with feeling...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Also. Heh. Kobach. Libs heads explode.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Do you ever have an original thought, or just keep repeating the talking head mantra that you have been taught. I see nothing from you but one-liners and memes, it gets old, and adds nothing to the conversation. Chris Kobach is a dominionist, evangelical, Koch sucking asshat, nothing more, nothing less. I am sure he and Brownback have a very bromancing type relationship going on.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If you don't even know what "Brownback" is - (our Evangelical Dominionist Governor, guv'ner) - you have no say so in ANY of this.

Sam Brownback is not an Evangelical Dominionist. Brownback is a Roman Catholic.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Do you ever have an original thought, or just keep repeating the talking head mantra that you have been taught. I see nothing from you but one-liners and memes, it gets old, and adds nothing to the conversation. Chris Kobach is a dominionist, evangelical, Koch sucking asshat, nothing more, nothing less. I am sure he and Brownback have a very bromancing type relationship going on.

False Narratives abound!

Replies like yours are why I don't normally *need* to post anything thought-provoking to liberals who regurgitate the same sound bites every.

single.

time.

Surprise me with a new argument. Present something thoughtful instead of ad hominem and maybe we can have a conversation.

This still rings true. Maybe you should try A

edit on 13-11-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

If you don't even know what "Brownback" is - (our Evangelical Dominionist Governor, guv'ner) - you have no say so in ANY of this.

Sam Brownback is not an Evangelical Dominionist. Brownback is a Roman Catholic.

Do you have a source, I cannot find this info, only that he was mixed up in the C Street stuff when he was a Senator from the state of Kansas?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Chris Kobach is an ass hat, my opinion. He has been sued by the feds and other groups numerous times, as have Brownback, and imagine this they mostly lose.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You can find it in Wikipedia, but his conversion to the Catholic Church was a big deal and much reported years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You can find it in Wikipedia, but his conversion to the Catholic Church was a big deal and much reported years ago.

I found it thank you, but his beginnings were evangelical, and the Catholic Church does have an evangelical arm. I don't like Brownback, and personally think he and Kobach are both idiots. The tax cuts Brownback put in place in Kansas, are literally killing the state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join