It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas, Kobach, Trump's Wall and the Future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I just remembered! The Koch family hail from Kansas, and their Koch Industries has its headquarters there. I forgot you were living in Libertarian paradise! Mercy me!

So, here is what Americans are up against. Imagine that, a private political party!

How the Koch network rivals the GOP

Koch and his brother David Koch have quietly assembled, piece by piece, a privatized political and policy advocacy operation like no other in American history that today includes hundreds of donors and employs 1,200 full-time, year-round staffers in 107 offices nationwide. That’s about 3½ times as many employees as the Republican National Committee and its congressional campaign arms had on their main payrolls last month, according to POLITICO’s analysis of tax and campaign documents and interviews with sources familiar with the network. And the staggering sum the network plans to spend in the 2016 election run-up ― $889 million ― is more than double what the RNC spent in the previous presidential cycle.

So, after infusing their extremist ideology into the GOP for years and getting Republicans elected on those ideas, this Libertarian network (via Robert Mercer [$$$] and Steve Bannon Breitbart [media] ) has managed to get their billionaire useful idiot elected. No wonder Trumpa started teleprompting all those GOP party lines after Bannon and Conway and Bossie came aboard.

So, since the Koch Private Party now owns power in all three branches and probably making all a truly private party by excluding the Dems and disgruntled conservatives, they plan to do to America what they did in Kansas. They have moved on Lady Liberty like bitches and grabbed her pussy.

Buzzy, now that I know we are all Kansans now, can you please refresh my memory again about what a wonderful Libertarian paradise we will all be living in? ..... jk.... I've heard enough, and it is sickening.... We have been taken over by The Third Realm in a silent coup that has the "best words".

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

lol...lol..lol lollol lol lol lol lol.

the left brought this on themselves. The left continue to cater to illegal immigrants that came here illegally and now you're pissed off because they're going to have to go home sorry buddy that's not how it works. You really think that there were more people that push for Hillary it's still not the majority of the populace even if they were. So this is what's going to happen as soon as trumps sworn in he's going to call in the National Guard for any of these violent protests and these people are going to be put down arrested and deported if they're illegal. The way that it should have happened from the get-go you don't get to violently protest. You're right to protest is for peaceful protest.

jaden

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

lol, you sure like to throw the fact word around a lot when you're spouting opinion.lol

jaden

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Kansas is undoubtedly the most economically devastated state in this entire union. Because of the Draconian/Dominionist Brownback administration's asinine policies which have been proven in real life to FAIL.

Looking at the Kansas vote results, it looks like Republicans won just about everything by landslides.

If things are so bad there, why the big Democrat losses?

Kansas

edit on Nov-13-2016 by xuenchen because: mailcall

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Snarl

You still don't care? You don't see how this is going to go down (the toilet, that's how)?

Nope. Time to drain the swamp. Ooooohhhhh if only ... flushing the toilet was all it took.

I am really surprised that you believe that a man who has openly admitted to buying influence will drain the swamp. He will profit from the swamp, and while I am willing to give him a chance, I do believe that we will all be worse off in 4 years. The architects of the Kansas disaster have no place in federal government.

Thank you BubbaJoe! I appreciate your support of the facts.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Kansas is undoubtedly the most economically devastated state in this entire union. Because of the Draconian/Dominionist Brownback administration's asinine policies which have been proven in real life to FAIL.

Looking at the Kansas vote results, it looks like Republicans won just about everything by landslides.

If things are so bad there, why the big Democrat losses?

Kansas

Here are the facts, xuen. Brownback's posse in the legislature was booted out in the primaries. FACT. And I told you that. You ignored it.

Kris Kobach is the man who suggested the "Wall" and the "racial profiling" habits of stop and frisk, papers please, etc. FACT.

The Democrats made GREAT inroads last week, and the moderates replaced the loony-tunes Brownback minions in the midterms. FACT.

So do please step down from the stage, your participation has been recognized, and your comments debunked. A lot of the reason for the Republican strangle hold is the CRAP EDUCATION and PROPAGANDA that is bestowed upon the rural peasants and gullible masses. Instead of intelligent talk radio, they get Limbaugh, Jones, hysterical regional talking shock jocks, and farm futures. THAT. IS. ALL. THEY. GET.

Hell, half of them don't even have internet connections - you do realize that great swaths of Midwestern rural folk have no internet, right? No broadband. There isn't even any Time Warner Cable or Google Fiber in LAWRENCE, for crying out loud! The rabid right-wing is here in force. No matter how many Kansans voted against Trump, he still won because the Electoral College is an antiquated relic that now PROMOTES the wishes of the ignorant and undereducated, the sheltered and repressed.

Thanks for stopping by.

AND KANSAS STILL SUCKS. And it will continue to suck. It's like the wasting disease now ravaging the deer, elk, and moose populations.

edit on 11/13/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

lol, you sure like to throw the fact word around a lot when you're spouting opinion.lol

jaden
No, Jaden.

I am telling you FACTS. Look them up.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

I just remembered! The Koch family hail from Kansas, and their Koch Industries has its headquarters there. I forgot you were living in Libertarian paradise! Mercy me!

So, here is what Americans are up against. Imagine that, a private political party!

How the Koch network rivals the GOP

Koch and his brother David Koch have quietly assembled, piece by piece, a privatized political and policy advocacy operation like no other in American history that today includes hundreds of donors and employs 1,200 full-time, year-round staffers in 107 offices nationwide. That’s about 3½ times as many employees as the Republican National Committee and its congressional campaign arms had on their main payrolls last month, according to POLITICO’s analysis of tax and campaign documents and interviews with sources familiar with the network. And the staggering sum the network plans to spend in the 2016 election run-up ― $889 million ― is more than double what the RNC spent in the previous presidential cycle.

So, after infusing their extremist ideology into the GOP for years and getting Republicans elected on those ideas, this Libertarian network (via Robert Mercer [$$$] and Steve Bannon Breitbart [media] ) has managed to get their billionaire useful idiot elected. No wonder Trumpa started teleprompting all those GOP party lines after Bannon and Conway and Bossie came aboard.

So, since the Koch Private Party now owns power in all three branches and probably making all a truly private party by excluding the Dems and disgruntled conservatives, they plan to do to America what they did in Kansas. They have moved on Lady Liberty like bitches and grabbed her pussy.

Buzzy, now that I know we are all Kansans now, can you please refresh my memory again about what a wonderful Libertarian paradise we will all be living in? ..... jk.... I've heard enough, and it is sickening.... We have been taken over by The Third Realm in a silent coup that has the "best words".

CORRECT

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: WUNK22

1. How supportive were people of Obama here on ATS when he was elected? Birtherism and Muslim Socialst Anti-Christ ring a bell?

2. Clinton is widening the lead on the popular vote with a vast majority of the votes left to be counted in Democratic strongholds like California and New York. Your source is wrong.

Source
thanks AB.

I voted for Obama twice. I didn't want Hillary, but I am not dissatisfied with Obama, and neither is most of the country. His approval ratings are high.

His approval ratings are high? Can we trust this poll? Personally I've not met one person who is satisfied with Obama, maybe they are just polling CNN or college campuses? We can't trust any polls.

Obama has done nothing, he's a failed President that'll leave no legacy except killing Bin Laden which probably only half the country even believes in the first place.

Give Trump a chance, we went 8 years with the Muslim in Chief, now things will get done our way.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If the situations were reversed,you would be the the first screaming about the "sanctity" of the Electoral College.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Isn't Kansas the poster child for Republicans Gone Wild.

Link

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Buzzy, no offense, but I have an idea that might work. You see, maybe if we built a wall around Kansas to make sure what happens in Kansas stays in Kansas. If you won't let me, then I'll just have to built a wall around California to keep you all from contaminating us here.

You know, that really happened, sort of, in the 1930s, during The Great Depression and The Dust Bowl. Here, if I might, sit around and let me tell you an abbreviated version....

For a few months in 1936, the Los Angeles Police Department launched a foreign excursion of sorts -- a "Bum Blockade" on the state's borders. The LAPD deployed 136 officers to 16 major points of entry on the Arizona, Nevada and Oregon lines, with orders to turn back migrants with "no visible means of support."

Davis contended that his men needed no special approval because "any officer has the authority to enforce the state law."

The migrant horde from whom Steinbeck drew his fiction came out of the drought-stricken states of Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, New Mexico and Arkansas. Lumped together as "Okies," they were the butt of derogatory jokes and the focus of political campaigns in which candidates made them the scapegoat for a shattered economy. They were accused of "shiftlessness," "lack of ambition," "school overcrowding" and "stealing jobs" from native Californians. ..... "all other persons who have no definite purpose in coming into the state."

Incidents at checkpoints were often tense and pathetic. When a weary-faced mother with six children, carrying only $3.40, was asked by police to pay $3 for a California auto license, she broke down and cried, "That's food for my babies." They let her in for free, making her one of the lucky few -- about one in every thousand -- who inspired mercy.

In answer to charges that the blockade was an outrage, The Times editorialized: "Let's Have More Outrages." The paper praised the effort as an answer to the waste of taxpayers' "hard-got tax money" and a way to keep out "imported criminals ... radicals and troublemakers."

'Thieves and Thugs'

Davis promised that $1.5 million would be saved on "thieves and thugs" and another $3 million in welfare payments.

The now-defunct Los Angeles Evening News, however, editorialized that the blockade "violates every principle that Americans hold dear

Although street sweeps for criminals and homeless men were routine, the special raids included indigent families, single women, juveniles and men unable to work because of illness. Those arrested were given funds from the Los Angeles County Relief Administration for railroad tickets back to their "legal homes."

Some City Council members demanded to know the chief's authority for the border blockade. After weeks of inaction, the council passed a motion asking the city attorney's opinion. That request quickly became moot -- and not because of any government action.

Ruled Illegal

from LAPD Blocked Dust Bowl Migrants at State Borders

Boy, that was some story. I wish it weren't true, but it is, every word. I guess putting a wall around a state won't work anyway. Walls can't keep out stupid ideas. Nope, stupid ideas fly lightening fast around the air and the internet and can't be kept out. They reach into brains and infect the host, and the host goes around trying to infect others.

Let me just leave you with a belated warning. If a Koch Industries or similar group puts out a really nice, sweet talking commercial, purring how wonderful they are and how committed they are to your community, throw a shoe at the tv or monitor or radio. They're out to seduce you before they screw you!

Happened here in California a few years back. I saw a commercial from some nice company called Enron. Boy, did they like us Californians! They were here to do good, to help us, they purred. A little while later we had energy blackouts and our energy bills soared out of sight! They seduced us then screwed us.

I think we all just got seduced and are now in for a major screw. We'll see, we'll see.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Isn't Kansas the poster child for Republicans Gone Wild.

Link
Yes. It is. Thanks for noticing.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
@xstealth:

His approval ratings are high? Can we trust this poll?

Gallup poll

Barack Obama's Presidential Job Approval Ratings
% Polling dates
Most recent weekly average 53
Oct 31-Nov 6, 2016

Go on, I dare you. Claim that gallup is crap propaganda nonsense.

Personally I've not met one person who is satisfied with Obama, maybe they are just polling CNN or college campuses?
I'm sure they certainly INCLUDE CNN and college campuses. But Gallup is, well - gallup.

We can't trust any polls.
See? What did I just say? Go on, I dare you, tell me even gallup is a dud.

Now: THIS NEXT BIT of yours is an absolute fabrication dreamed up by alt-right conspiracy theorists and rabid warmongers. All of whom conveniently forget who was at the helm when the 2008 bomb exploded. YOU ALL JUST HIRED GUYS WHO WILL DO THAT AGAIN!

Short memories indeed. From 9/11 to the Great Recession: ALL OF IT under W. All of it.

And he didn't win the popular vote. No. Al Gore did and then was thrown under the bus by the oil and fuel industries who are killing this planet with glee and dollar signs for pupils.

So - here you go - your turn to drive again.
May God save us.

Obama has done nothing, he's a failed President that'll leave no legacy except killing Bin Laden which probably only half the country even believes in the first place.

Give Trump a chance, we went 8 years with the Muslim in Chief, now things will get done our way.

I have no choice. I have to give him a chance, now - don't I?

How long will YOU give him a chance? What about when in 3 years there's still no wall? His "wall" is like Obama's "Gitmo".
yeah, good luck with that. It was W who shoved us up the Middle-East's nether regions and now that's a catastrophe.
It was tax cuts and loosening of regulations. It was s'n-word'ing Wall Street bankers bundling crap notes and palming them off as "good".

THOSE ARE THE GUYS you all just elected.
Go think about that.

Then think about EIGHT YEARS. NO SCANDALS. Just poise and class and grace. Yeah, that was Obama.

Most recent weekly average 53 Oct 31-Nov 6, 2016

MORE than either Trump or Clinton got. Yes, it's a high approval rating. So yes, they are talking to people who go to college and who have brains between their ears.

Any other questions?

Link To Gallup Live Polling

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
More data from Gallup LIVE GALLUP:

REAL UNEMPLOYMENT
9.7%
GALLUP GOOD JOBS
46.9%
ENGAGED AT WORK
33.6%
ECONOMIC CONFIDENCE
+4
CONSUMER SPENDING
$84
+3

OBAMA APPROVAL
57%

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: WUNK22

Trump one, give him a chance.

A chance to do what? Change? He's 70 years old, he's not going to change. He still going to be the obnoxious self entitle vengeful bully that he's always been.

Give him a chance to do what? Carry out his campaign promises to deport legal Syrian refugees back to Syria on DAY ONE? To appoint justices to over throw Roe V Wade. To ban Muslims visitors and immigrants from US entry? Round up undocumented Hispanics? Stop and Frisk all people of color in inner cities?

Give him a chance to "Drain the Swamp"? While you were watching and approving, he stocked it!

LOL, exactly what is your alternative? More tears? Get over it sport. A whole lot of us didn't like Obama, we bitched, but didn't go out beating idiot liberals with baseball bats. He got 8 years to ruin things and did a fine job of it. Now Trump has his term. You can cry all you want, but he will still be president in January.

And remember, Trump hasn't even been inaugurated yet, so any shortcomings you see in the world today, they rest on Obama's head. 100%. Or we could blame Bush, but I feel as if that ship already sailed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Papers please ... woooooshhh

Ahhhhahahahahahaha

Yeah. Dude. The guy who STARTED THE PAPERS PLEASE thing is Kris Kobach. Did you not read the OP? The guy who SUGGESTED building the imaginary WALL. The guy who is the Secretary of State of KANSAS is the guy who inspired Sheriff Joe "Can TOO" Arpaio. Who lost.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AND KANSAS STILL SUCKS. And it will continue to suck. It's like the wasting disease now ravaging the deer, elk, and moose populations.

I'm not telling you what to do or anything, but if it sucked that bad where I lived, I'd move. I love it where I am.
And since my last post wasn't good enough for a response, this one will have to do.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm not telling you what to do or anything, but if it sucked that bad where I lived, I'd move. I love it where I am.
And since my last post wasn't good enough for a response, this one will have to do.

To be honest I didn't read your response, I'm screening my calls on this one. I took a deep breath and just now clicked on this one. Now.....the answer to this is that MY AGING WIDOW MOTHER is living here, and so are my adult son, his father, and his father's even OLDER aging widow mother.

That is THE ONLY grandparents my kids have left. Here in Kansas City/Overland Park/Lawrence/Lenexa. None of us live in Missouri. My husband is an IT Senior Software Engineer who has had steady work at a major firm for five years. The company is headquartered in Missouri.

We have already been through two year-long spells of unemployment for him, and since I left work in Aug 2008 right before the crash -- so I could take care of my dying father while my mother took a much-needed break. My job refused to give me the time off. A major corporation called HYATT HOTELS. Owned by the Pritzkers, of Chicago. In deep with all of this.

Anyway - I haven't been able to find work since. So now I'm working as a freelancer and contractor and so on and so forth, and we just now got back on our feet. This feels scary.

That's what I'm saying.

My daughter now lives in Colorado

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ACTUALLY - I just realized something....

NO ONE is talking about how all of this will land on the people the Information Technology field. The only time the internet is even mentioned is when it's about Russia hacking us, and all that, and yet the campaigns were all about the manufacturing and mining jobs.

Russia was HACKING US, and "Anonymous" and Wikileaks just all screwed up everything with their urping up of information that was like spilling a box of 65,000 toothpicks of information.

We are screwed.

After the 2008 "Crash",his job went away to India. There are still people in India and China working at this company. What will happen to that now?

Will the IT jobs come back? The call center jobs and the quality assurance jobs? Don't forget about that.
I happen to be one of those people who is working online and trying to make some sense out of all of this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join