It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas, Kobach, Trump's Wall and the Future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Kansas is undoubtedly the most economically devastated state in this entire union. Because of the Draconian/Dominionist Brownback administration's asinine policies which have been proven in real life to FAIL. If anyone wants more evidence or more of this story, there is plenty of it via your handy ATS search bar. Kobach is not a new name on here, neither is Kansas's disaster a new topic. So - I won't belabor those right now.

Kobach, "our" alarmist Secretary of State here in Kansas, where I was somehow destined to live (thank god it's in the eastern portion, where people have common sense!) is personally responsible for the stupid WALL that Trump promised to build.

Trump has without question exhibited himself as a short-tempered, impulsive, off-topic rant-machine. He is now surrounding himself with a "transition team" straight from hell.

Steve Bannon of "Breitbart" - another now household name along with Kansas and Kobach and Trump and Fascists For American Freedom (an oxymoronic self-identified group of alt-right monsters), is also on that 'transition team.'

So. We have an Evangelical Vice President who doesn't believe in evolution, under a Hater who thinks climate change was invented by the chinese who had Alex Jones at his media party, and now at least two (Kobach and Bannon) hard-line haters and alarmists heading for the White House. Alex Jones and Breitbart/Bannon are not legislators.

Kobach, on the other hand WAS THE MAN WHO GAVE TRUMP THE "Wall" PLAN, and who has passed out ideas for the horrendous (and un-constitutional as per courts) immigrant harrassment. You don't like "stop and frisk"? His idea.
Profiling? "Paper's please"? That's Kobach's bastard mutant brainchild. No taxes? Brownback tried that. We are broke. THANK GOD that now, several years into the "experiment" with the farthest right-wing policies he could get away with, Democrats were elected to the Legislature, and Brownback's clowns were forced (VOTED) out.

Now Kobach is going to join Trump in trying to do to the rest of this country what Brownback has done in Kansas.

You still don't care? You don't see how this is going to go down (the toilet, that's how)?
Kobach was
The Architect of the Most Racist Law in Modern American History Has Been Named to Trump's Team

One more sign of the really bad things to come.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has been asked to join President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team.

The team will advise Trump on policy issues leading up to his swearing-in in January, preparing him to begin his first 100 days in office. It’s an unpaid position for Kobach.

Kobach called the transition from Obama’s presidency to Trump’s “one of the sharpest transitions we’ve seen,” a 180-degree turn for the country.

Why should this terrify you? Because Donald Trump has just named one of the most racist politicians in all of America to his transition team. Kris Kobach was the architect of the most racist law in modern American history. SB 1070 passed in Arizona in 2010. What did it mean? If you have brown skin or an accent, police had a right to stop you, detain you and demand you prove your citizenship.

Now, I know many of you think that I am full of it and an obnoxious pain in the ass who won't shut up. And you don't like what I point out, or else you, as a membership, largely ignore it (not all of you) or insult me.

Be that as it may, I am doing what my 'calling' directs me to do - which is to continue pointing out EVIDENCE that the policies that Kansas has been forced to accept have ruined our state. Of course, the state was handed to Trump anyway, despite the fact (or because of the fact) that west of Junction City there is no intelligent radio.
(Sheriff Joe of Arizona was also voted OUT - another of Kobach's policy proteges.)

People, make no mistake. This isn't over. I thought it could be, and ought to be, as we all simmer down and get to work.
I've been saying that since Wednesday morning before the sun came up. It came up anyway (thank god), and I thought whew! Maybe now, we can get back to sanity in Kansas, since Brownback is known WORLDWIDE for ruining this state.

In fact, yesterday he was mentioned on Reuters - a British-based news outlet with class and intelligence that makes Fox News look like a MadTV parody of reality tv. He has been the subject of many Reuters pieces, actually: as follows:

Judge blocks Kansas' attempt to cut Planned Parenthood from Medicaid, from July

In Kansas, a Democrat makes hay on Brownback's budget woes from July 29, 2014. OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

From February last year:
Kansas governor rescinds protections for gay state workersHe overturned a predecessor's protected-class directive[/url]

And so on and so forth. But the history of Kansas's demise is that history. There is no "conspiracy theory" that it "might" be because of Brownback's policies or the state's poorly educated largely rural voting block of out-of-touch Republicans....
it is truth. TRUTH.

So now, the guy who orchestrated the spreading of such horrid attitudes is going to help Trump become EVEN MORE HORRID that he seems already to be. And you wonder why riots are now breaking out? I was hoping they wouldn't, but they did.

I was suggesting that everyone try to calm down first thing. I was listening to my friends and loved ones, neighbors and grocery clerks, talk about their own misgivings. On my FB, I'm getting anecdotes of random acts of kindness being carried out by normal Midwestern people - hospitable, friendly, tolerant, empathetic.....
e.g. an elderly black man asked a white woman if it was okay if he parked next to her in the lot. He promised he wasn't going to ding up her pretty care, and didn't want any trouble. Another black person was a few cents short of paying for all of his groceries, and was going to have to put something back, but the white person behind him made up the difference. No other reason that kindness.

I realize now that no amount of my writing about please staying calm, or talking about how these things work on a sociological scale, how apparent it is that many millions of people are freaking out, and many millions more and still bitching and sticking their tongues out at everyone who didn't want Trump.

This is only just now launched, people - and you are STILL at each other's throats.

This is, truly, the road to hell if we don't change course NOW. Anyway - no one will care, I'm sure, because it's coming from me. But just for my own sense of contribution, I'm trying again to encourage you all to STOP IT. STOP yelling. Stop fighting. The people who voted for Clinton outnumber you all - and they aren't going to just slink home or get banned. They live here, they are really, really worried, and YOU ALL ARE NOT HELPING.

You "won." Bully for you (double entendre there)! Now calm down and begin sorting out the debris. Please.

edit on 11/13/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When Obama won we were told give him a chance, he's your president also. Trump one, give him a chance. Not everyone like planed parenthoods population control of the minority class.I also read that with more votes coming in he's taken the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
When Obama won we were told give him a chance, he's your president also. Trump one, give him a chance. Not everyone like planed parenthoods population control of the minority class.I also read that with more votes coming in he's taken the popular vote.
That's not true. He did not win the popular vote.

I'm willing to give Trump a chance, but with them all still gnashing their teeth and spitting and saying neener neener neener and ha ha! and all that juvenile bullslit, it's hard to want to keep thinking that way.

Planned Parenthood does far more to help our society than Trump or Brownback have EVER done.
Don't believe me? Look it up. I'm telling you facts. FACTS. From first-hand experience living under these policies. FACTS.

trump - 47.3% - 60,350,241
clinton - 47.8% - 60,981,118
updated 4:09 am ET, Nov. 13

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

1. How supportive were people of Obama here on ATS when he was elected? Birtherism and Muslim Socialst Anti-Christ ring a bell?

2. Clinton is widening the lead on the popular vote with a vast majority of the votes left to be counted in Democratic strongholds like California and New York. Your source is wrong.

Source

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ok I did, FACTS planed parenthood was started to kill black baby's! FACTS. you must be a racist then.a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: WUNK22

1. How supportive were people of Obama here on ATS when he was elected? Birtherism and Muslim Socialst Anti-Christ ring a bell?

2. Clinton is widening the lead on the popular vote with a vast majority of the votes left to be counted in Democratic strongholds like California and New York. Your source is wrong.

Source
thanks AB.

I voted for Obama twice. I didn't want Hillary, but I am not dissatisfied with Obama, and neither is most of the country. His approval ratings are high.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Ok I did, FACTS planed parenthood was started to kill black baby's! FACTS. you must be a racist then.a reply to: BuzzyWigs

sigh

Good god.
No. I am not a racist. Planned Parenthood NOW is about providing health care for under-priveleged (poor) women. It makes no difference about the founder's eugenics ideas any more. FACT. Eugenics is not part of our society. FACT. Taxpayer funds DO NOT PAY FOR ABORTIONS AND NEVER HAVE. FACT.

Do please try to inform yourself with actual history and facts.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wasn't the Wizard of Oz, that great and powerful huckster, from Kansas (in the film version)? Kobach and certain other Kansans must be descendants. .....note to self, buy ruby slippers....

I fear things will get much more horrid for everyone. The storm before the calm. The war before peace. Thank God for random acts of kindness, We will need their Light in the coming darkness.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The people who voted for Clinton outnumber you all

Yes the people who voted , i suspect the real numbers would have Trump in another landslide .

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Wasn't the Wizard of Oz, that great and powerful huckster, from Kansas (in the film version)? Kobach and certain other Kansans must be descendants. .....note to self, buy ruby slippers....

I fear things will get much more horrid for everyone. The storm before the calm. The war before peace. Thank God for random acts of kindness, We will need their Light in the coming darkness.

Yes, that's right. Dorothy was from rural kansas. The 'wizard' was an old guy who floated away in a hot-air balloon leaving everyone to pick up the pieces of their lives, and Dorothy only got to go back home because of Glinda. I'm glad Dorothy is dead now and doesn't see all of this. And Toto, too.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

People have been and are spouting propaganda from the likes of the John Birch Society either directly or via Alex Jones. Trump will be the Bircher-In-Chief.

edit on 13-11-2016 by desert because: sp

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You still don't care? You don't see how this is going to go down (the toilet, that's how)?

Nope. Time to drain the swamp. Ooooohhhhh if only ... flushing the toilet was all it took.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Doesn't surprise me, but it horrifies me.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Nope. Time to drain the swamp. Ooooohhhhh if only ... flushing the toilet was all it took.

I am really surprised that you believe that a man who has openly admitted to buying influence will drain the swamp. He will profit from the swamp, and while I am willing to give him a chance, I do believe that we will all be worse off in 4 years. The architects of the Kansas disaster have no place in federal government.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You don't live here, you have NO PLACE to tell me, a resident of Kansas, a disgruntled professional white middle-aged woman with an advanced education in social policy.......

Oh my god, did you really just do that?

We don't care if you're a woman, white, middle-aged, or got that phony piece of paper.

You just called yourself out, in cause you're wondering.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The 'wizard' was an old guy who floated away in a hot-air balloon leaving everyone to pick up the pieces of their lives,

Like they all do. Remember he built the city, the palace and the fire and smoke machine to fool everyone with.

The man behind the curtain is not a nice guy after all. (But its okay, its only a dream)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Papers please ... woooooshhh

Ahhhhahahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

what do you plan to do about all this? I'm not being argumentative, I am asking a real question.
If you are the person you claim to be, there should be nothing holding you back from running for some form of office. If you feel your state is failing, fix it. If your ideals are representative of those around you, it should be an attainable goal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join