It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump won and I hope he can be pardoned. "Edward Snowden: speaks about Hillary Clinton Emails".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Edward Snowden: speaks about Hillary Clinton Emails"

Edward is my hero, so is everyone who is standing up for my right. as a person I am embarrassed how this guy is not treated as a hero but a traitor .
The greatest American in recent times. He is a true American hero. And this man needs a pardon by Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysteryTime1970

Edward is my hero, so is everyone who is standing up for my right. as a person I am embarrassed how this guy is not treated as a hero but a traitor .
The greatest American in recent times. He is a true American hero. And this man needs a pardon by Trump.

He ran to China. Then he ran to Russia.

Think deeper.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 11/12/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

He worked for the CIA.

I'm sure he signed some kind of non-disclosure agreement.

Didn't his job involve working with government secrets he probably swore not to reveal?

This is not some innocent guy off the street.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

so if you, Annee, were to sign an NDA with a company, then after the fact found out you were responsible for helping child rapists, then I assume you would not report it and just live with it? I mean, you signed an NDA and all...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, he is a traitor.

But even ignoring that. Trump could never pardon Snowden, because that would declaw him (Trump) from his ability to have Clinton and the like prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I believe he worked for the NSA. Seeing wrong doing and not reporting it is a crime everywhere but within gov. agencies. They, the NSA, did not have permission to do secretly what they were doing to Americans.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PauHana

so if you, Annee, were to sign an NDA with a company, then after the fact found out you were responsible for helping child rapists, then I assume you would not report it and just live with it? I mean, you signed an NDA and all...

In the same train of thought as MLK here. It is good to stand up for what you believe if: 1) you do it peacefully without getting others hurt, 2) you accept the consequences of your actions.

Otherwise, you might as well start a civil war (I never liked that word, let's just call it what it is, a revolution).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteryTime1970

Last I remember, Trump said Snowden was a traitor and should be killed. But since Trump flip flops on literally everything there may be a short window for Snowden to get that pardon. But then again, the GOP is gonna rule the land and won't let Trump ever pardon Snowden.

Snowden probably doesn't expect Trump to pardon him and neither should anyone else.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Assange will get a pardon before snowden.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

He worked for the CIA.

I'm sure he signed some kind of non-disclosure agreement.

Didn't his job involve working with government secrets he probably swore not to reveal?

This is not This is not some innocent guy off the street.

Don't you have a good grasp on the obvious? Of course, he's not some innocent guy off the street because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to reveal what NSA was doing to us. He revealed treachery against the citizens of the US and other countries as well. He revealed quite clearly that certain persons in high levels of government believe they are above the law.
When the secrets being kept are being kept for illegal and unlawful reasons, any signature on a nondisclosure pact is null and void. Our founding documents proclaim that all citizens are equal before the law. Some, in their quest for ever more control, sought to subvert that principle. I'm thankful that someone had the integrity to step forward and tell the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

gohongkong.about.com...

Until 1997, and the Hong Kong handover, Hong Kong was a colony of the United Kingdom, ruled by a governor. Today, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) is a part of China, although this comes with a biblical size of caveats.

Hong Kong’s Basic Law, as agreed between China and Britain, means Hong Kong will retain its own currency (the Hong Kong dollar), legal system, and parliamentary system for fifty years. This means, for all practical purposes, Hong Kong is actually a separate country to China.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My prediction. Neither get a pardon. Has Trump stated that he is against the surveillance state? I can't seem to find a concrete answer on it. He seems to have flip flopped.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Of course, he's not some innocent guy off the street because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to reveal what NSA was doing to us.

No kidding.

So, he's just a trustworthy guy helping out his fellow citizens.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

originally posted by: PauHana

In the same train of thought as MLK here. It is good to stand up for what you believe if: 1) you do it peacefully without getting others hurt, 2) you accept the consequences of your actions.

Otherwise, you might as well start a civil war (I never liked that word, let's just call it what it is, a revolution).

A lot of perspective going around.

Kinda depends on where your observation platform stands.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Think deeper.

Exactly. There is such a thing as a planned leak...
For obvious reasons.
That's not a hero. He is simply doing his bidding, for the juxtapositional theoretical position.
Anyone, with the NSA's or various alphabet agencies' blessing could and would do the same. It doesn't take any heroism.

It's not that I don't admire the risks he took; but that plenty of people took risks such as that before and after him.....so why's he so special? And consider the content. Always, consider the content. Was it already known, and then confirmed?

What was new about that revealing, or different?
tetra

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
My prediction. Neither get a pardon. Has Trump stated that he is against the surveillance state? I can't seem to find a concrete answer on it. He seems to have flip flopped.

Trump likes to pretend he's on some moral high ground.

I expect he views Snowden as a traitor.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I would have to say he's a traitor since he fled the country and more than likely gave state secrets to an enemy. That's the funny part though. To be a traitor by definition would be to help the enemy in some way shape or form. Originally he leaked the information to Americans so at that point I wouldn't consider him a traitor unless they view the American people as the enemy. He should of stayed in the country and manned up to it. He would of had more of a chance to get a pardon IF a president truly anti-establishment and for the people was elected had he not ran to another country.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Think deeper.

He's also valuable to Russia because he has first hand knowledge of how NSA operates to a certain level. He's a valuable asset to our adversaries.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteryTime1970

It would be contradictory for him to label Snowden a traitor but pardon Assange only. I'm not sure what he intends to do. I think there is also the matter of setting precedent. He pardons one of these guys and what happens then to future whistleblowers?

And yes Trump did call Snowden a traitor. I trust if Trump was president 2008-2016 Snowden would have been number one of their list to assassinate. Republicans, conservatives, tend to be far less forgiving in my opinion.

Somebody said here Trump does tend to flip flop. Who knows at this point, it's a guessing game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join