It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Course@Kent State University course examines campaign, sexism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Who would have guessed, Kent state has a center for the study and gender and sexuality. And Kent offers a course about Hillary and the cultural perception and go over her entire career. The course will go over all the sexual assault, trustworthiness and all the other things we heard about over the last year.

Molly Merriman who is the director of the course area, said that this course is a "perfect mirror" of our society in respect to "womens issues".

I think this will be a very informative course, and I would imagine at the cost of these top tier schools it is money well spent.

Kent State University is turning Hillary Clinton's life into a lesson with a new class focused on the Democrat who lost her presidential bid this past week.

The course, titled "Hillary Clinton Case Study: Perspectives on Gender and Power," is being taught by the director of the school's women's studies program, Suzanne Holt.

She calls the course a "perfect mirror" of society in respect to women's issues.

The class will explore the cultural perception of Clinton and will likely span her entire career as former first lady, U.S. senator, secretary of state and Democratic presidential nominee.

Clinton lost her bid for the White House to Republican Donald Trump in Tuesday's election.

Molly Merryman, the director of Kent State’s Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality, issued a statement that read, "During a presidential race that has included national conversations on trustworthiness, misogyny and sexual assault, a class like this will help to untangle these issues in public consciousness.

The course will reportedly use the Clinton campaign to highlight institutionalized sexism.

“The election will be our starting point because it is a crux: it’s when Hillary Clinton— the real woman— was gradually replaced by media representations that ranged from verisimilitude to age-old stereotypes to insinuating memes to vulgarity,” Holt, said to Kent Wired. “It’s also when the ‘woman factor’ became evident at the same time our inability to talk about it did. It’s also when the wide range of media and social media turned into a tablet, recording a log of feelings/thoughts— the splits in our American psyche.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This scourge of identity politics must end.

We are more than our body parts and skin tone.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Cult of personality.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Kent STATE ?

Ain't that the place of a mass shooting by STATISTS?

And now they want to 'teach' statist crap to the students.

How bout they teach what happened at Kent state way back when instead.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I voted for Jill Stein a woman, I didn't vote for Hillary cause she was Hillary. This course is going to attempt to frame her loss as somehow related to her being a woman. If I voted for Stein, a woman, how is my not voting for Hillary related to sexism?

Just because Hillary is a woman doesn't mean her losing the election has a damn thing to do with it. Seriously, we need to stop blaming things like our gender, skin color or sexual orientation every time we fail. Just because someone doesn't like you it doesn't mean their prejudiced in any way other than towards you as an individual.
edit on 11/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I voted for Jill Stein a woman, I didn't vote for Hillary cause she was Hillary. This course is going to attempt to frame her loss as somehow related to her being a woman. If I voted for Stein, a woman, how is my not voting for Hillary related to sexism?

Just because Hillary is a woman doesn't mean her losing the election has a damn thing to do with it. Seriously, we need to stop blaming things like our gender, skin color or sexual orientation every time we fail. Just because someone doesn't like you it doesn't mean their prejudiced in any way other than towards you as an individual.

You have the 2-6% that won't ever vote for the "fill in the blank", but when you use the "fill in the blank" as a plank in your candidacy, it weakens your chances.

This is no longer 2008. False accusations of racism , sexism and any other ism's are no longer a viable election vote grabbing scheme. And shaming people using the same "ism's" will not only not work, they will back fire and get the candidate into a debate they no longer can afford to have.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That`s exactly what it`s going to be, I wouldn`t even dignify it by calling it a "course" it`s going to be a big whine-fest about how men are so horrible,hillary lost because she is a woman,men are so horrible.

new topics

top topics

join