It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to eliminate overtime rules

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

originally posted by: CB328
....he wants to eliminate overtime laws for employers.

Either a reading comprehension problem on your part or an international misrepresentation of your own source article by you:

"We have to address the issues of over-taxation and over-regulation and the lack of access to credit markets to get our small business owners thriving again. Rolling back the overtime regulation is just one example of the many regulations that need to be addressed to do that. We would love to see a delay or a carve-out of sorts for our small business owners."

Politico does a much better job explaining your source than you did.

Trump didn’t come out against the overtime rule, as have many Republicans (including House Speaker Paul Ryan, who in May called it an “absolute disaster”). Nor did Trump embrace the overtime rule, as did Hillary Clinton (“will lift up workers nationwide”). Instead, Trump told the website Circa that he would exempt small businesses from the rule. “We have to address the issues of over-taxation and over-regulation and the lack of access to credit markets to get our small business owners thriving again," Trump said. “Rolling back the overtime regulation is just one example of the many regulations that need to be addressed to do that. We would love to see a delay or a carve-out of sorts for our small business owners."

Link.

edit on 12-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Willtell
I am drooling at he mouth to punish the fools who voted for Trump. They are assholes of immense assery

Trump is going to let the corporate masters literally work your ass to DEATH dummies

maybe your wife and children will get a 5000 insurance policy when you DIE on the job

I'm trying to come up with as many variations on "I told you so" as I can.

I have a feeling I'm going to need 100's of different ways to say "I told you so" sooner, rather than later.

My fellow Americans have no idea what they've done.

They won’t listen until the pain comes

Until then they’ll self-deceive themselves that what they did was right

When the pain comes then they will understand

Sort of like the Bush administration

Trump will be the worst of Nixon, Bush and all the GOP presidents combined

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If I were you, I'd put more of my focus and outrage towards the DNC. They propped up the only candidate who couldn't beat Trump.

Bernie would have beat him, but he didn't represent the establishment so he had to go. America had their choice for Hillary years ago and chose Obama.

So get mad at the DNC for colluding against Bernie and giving America the option between anyone and Hillary. We've already given them our answer, they have the same one again.

Edit: let's not forget the DNC colluding to prop up Trump as they thought he'd be easy to defeat. All your complaints lead back to the DNC.
edit on 12-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You would have thought America would have learned a lesson from the Bush administration.

It seems not.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Give me a break, Bush and family are tight with the Clinton's. They both represent the same entity and her presidency would be just like his.

America learned from dynasties and we shut down Jeb quick this cycle and had it out for Hillary too.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If I were you, I'd put more of my focus and outrage towards the DNC. They propped up the only candidate who couldn't beat Trump.

Bernie would have beat him, but he didn't represent the establishment so he had to go. America had their choice for Hillary years ago and chose Obama.

So get mad at the DNC for colluding against Bernie and giving America the option between anyone and Hillary. We've already given them our answer, they have the same one again.

Edit: let's not forget the DNC colluding to prop up Trump as they thought he'd be easy to defeat. All your complaints lead back to the DNC.

I'm not God. I have to deal with reality as it comes.

Ill deal with them in due time

edit on 12-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Give me a break, Bush and family are tight with the Clinton's. They both represent the same entity and her presidency would be just like his.

America learned from dynasties and we shut down Jeb quick this cycle and had it out for Hillary too.

And Trump is tight with the Clinton's, or is that an inconvenient truth?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Which he was open about throughout his campaign as a business move. He gave money to politicians on both sides of the isle. Am I eating that up? No. But I know who Hillary is and have seen her scandals. The writing is on the wall.

I'll take a hail Mary over Hillary any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I'm not God. I have to deal with reality as it comes.

Ill deal with them in due time

Fu## that, you have every right to be mad. But you're mad at the wrong group. I'm an independent and hate the two party system. That being said I have to deal with reality too, and both parties need to be healthy and adhere to democracy. The DNC played dirty this cycle and got burned for it and we have Trump.

So sure, you can sit back and deal with it, or you can try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
quote]originally posted by: Throes
a reply to: xuenchen

What overtime? As a salaried employee, I don't know what overtime is? (Made in jest, but I've put in many 40+ hour weeks without extra pay..)

I work for a large corporation. My salary is based on a 40 work week. I consistantly work 55+ hours without overtime pay. The culture of the place is "if you don't want to work here, there are plenty of unemployed people who would."

It's basically this, but if you are lucky, you get one that does try to compensate you some with some perks. But after the last eight years of companies crunching to do as much as they can with as little as possible to make the balance sheet meet, this is very hard to find.

Basically, government has moved on from "improving" the lives of hourly employees to where we can't work full-time or expect the kinds of perks we used to poaching the salaried folks.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: seasonal

Trump would slash Department of Education

Yes and yes. Forget slashing it, we need to end the agency period. The Nations academic scores have plummeted since this department was created. Not only that, they use food subsidy money to extort our states into malevolent social corruption policies.

Kill the DOE, and allow the agriculture department handle the food subsidies.

Yeah do away with it. They are just about turning creative, beautiful kids into good little progressive wage slaves.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Collective Bargaining will Ensure the Rights of Workers to get a Fair Wage for an Honest Days Work . I do not see Any Conflict with that in President Elect Trump's Reasoning .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

More DEM sore sport disinfo.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why should I waste time paying attention to something that has been done.

Hillary is certainly not a perfect candidate but Trump is a disaster of untold proportions.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

We're on different sides of the coin on this one. I don't blame anyone for voting either way, trash choices IMHO.

But America has proved that voices and opinions do matter. No one saw this coming.

If you want to sit down and take the hit I get it, but the DNC has much more to offer and do need to adhere to the rules of democracy. If you think this cycle was at all acceptable for them I get it because you seem to lean that way. If the shoe was on the other foot Republicans would support a candidate even if the Republican party played dirty and got caught.

But that is complacency, and that is past being loyal. A true patriot recognizes our countries flaws and actively voices them. A loyal party member or leaner does the same for their party.

I'll finish with as an independent I want two healthy parties so I'll have good options when forced to participate in a two party system. If the Democrats continue to protest what happened it tells the DNC they go unpunished for their interfering with our wishes (Bernie got screwed).

I hope you find peace and passion in that order. Do the good deed and voice your opinion, is country needs balance and I don't fault you for being of a different ideology. Chaos and diversity keep the human race in check.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No, he's talking about the recent overtime regulation that just hit companies last month.

Previously you could not be salary and claim overtime if you earned 26K or more. Obama's regs changed that to 46K.

As a result, companies were forced to choose how they were going to respond, and they had several choices - none of them good for new job headcount budgeting, and extremely painful for people trying to get their foot in the door for a ground level job. I have seen it firsthand.

Between that regulation and Obamacare, it is more efficient to keep hiring temps at 29 hours per week. Try that one on for size.

Bonus: People already making more than 46K per month get no benefit whatsoever, and because of hiring freezes get to work more hours and see less of our families.

So HELL YES get rid of all this worktime meddling by people who have never run a business or had to meet payroll.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen my company just sacked 6 production managers on same day in sptember they said they were abusing cafeteria privileges but we all thought that was bull dokie maybe its to get around this law

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

If you're working overtime on salary at 26k, you've got a bad job. Why should we facilitate that? That's a direct result of bad management.

Overtime is a good way to make companies competitive because it provides an incentive to find ways to cut a 50 hour process down to 40, or a way to divide it into multiple smaller processes.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Teikiatsu

If you're working overtime on salary at 26k, you've got a bad job. Why should we facilitate that? That's a direct result of bad management.

Overtime is a good way to make companies competitive because it provides an incentive to find ways to cut a 50 hour process down to 40, or a way to divide it into multiple smaller processes.

Because along with that salary comes a LOT of benefits equivalent to a much higher income. Don't complain about things you don't understand.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join