It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Donald J. Trump Will Probably Not Accept the $400K Presidential Salary.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
November 12, 2016

To the relief of SORE LOSERS who are exclaiming, "Donald Trump is not My President!", it appears that President Trump will not accept the $400,000 Presidential salary. Maybe knowing that their tax dollars are not paying "evil" Donald Trump's salary, will ease their pain somewhat?

EXCERPT:

""In addition, he promised last year that he would refuse to take a salary as president, too.

During a campaign appearance in Rochester, New Hampshire, last October, the billionaire told a crowd he would not be accepting the $400,000 annual salary if he became president.

“The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s not a big deal for me.”"

FULL STORY: www.msn.com...

-cwm

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe he will turn the whitehouse into a food kitchen.
I doubt he will live there.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He should donate it to Veterans.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And the point is?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. The man loves money so if he's turning this down that means other interests are providing him avenues to make even more money. I'm sure there's nothing shady about them avenues at all...

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ye, I saw that. It confounds some of my buddies. I honestly have to admit, it keeps getting better and better, I love it and am happy to have been part of this great awakening to the establishment and MSM.
What can you say to that? The man chose not to accept the salary and work for free. He has my respect.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. The man loves money so if he's turning this down that means other interests are providing him avenues to make even more money. I'm sure there's nothing shady about them avenues at all...

Maybe the IRS will put a tax lien on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We all love money. Trump is a billionaire. 400,000 is chump change compared to what his companies make. His children inherets the business and daddy moves on to bigger and grander things, like he has said, money isn't an issue and I believe him.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Unless he pays to make the necessary changes to his residence I doubt living at the White House will be an option for him.

Its pretty key the president be in Washington, but more importantly the White House which is outfitted with various control rooms and a bunker.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I agree he should donate his salary to veterans or another worthy cause, like homelessness.
He said that on the campaign trail but now that he's president we'll see if he follows through.

I don't think he will give up that salary. The Donald loves his money so much i don't think he will turn it down.
I would be surprised and impressed if he does.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Too bad this conman refuses to produce his taxes. I'm sure he's not trying to hide anything...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

He have to take the money, he is a public servant as a president, he may take the money and donate it or put it in fund, but he has to take the money regardless.

Kennedy was known to donate his presidential salary to charity.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Billionaires don't try to swindle thousands of dollars from elderly people in a lame ass scam. But we'll never know if he is a billionaire because your conman refuses to show his taxes. The hell Clinton would have received had she constantly made excuses not to show her taxes would have been epic.

But Donny the conman claims he's a conservative so conservatives totally give him a pass. So ignorant and dishonest.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
He should donate it to Veterans.

And/or start scholarship funds for the children of fallen soldiers. 1.6 million is not a lot of money but it could put 40 kids on the road to a better future.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Excellent point. Hillary is the beacon of honesty.

Wounder if Bill paid taxes on getting paid tens of millions of dollars while she was secretary of state for being a "consultant".

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I doubt he'll host many 1000 dollar a plate dinners, or accept bribes, or (unlike the Clintons) steal the white house silverware, either.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A Trump facility is already in motion for Pennsylvania Ave. I will assume it will likely involve a secretive underground living arrangement that are to his standards.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Living "on the job" and equally in a museum owned by the people of the US is a massive adjustment for anyone.

The security costs of living anywhere else are stunningly high. That $400,000 he's taking a pass on wouldn't even touch the actual cost of living anywhere else. It may take him some time to mentally get on board with it.

No ones discussed his wife Melania in terms of her now having to have a staff of her own and any cause she make take on.
Michelle Obama made a righteous mess of school lunches. I'd be interested to see what good if any she can pull off as First Lady?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Swills

Maybe the IRS will put a tax lien on it.

Speaking of the which, where are Donald Trump's tax returns! No candidate has ever won a Presidential election without producing his tax returns. The odds don't look good for Trump! (oops sorry.. I'm still in denial.)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
By not accepting a salary he's technically volunteering. If we as his employers are not paying him, technically one could argue he owes us nothing...

I'm not sure I like those implications...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join