It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego ends Daily Mail links after Stop Funding Hate campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

exactly. threatening economic repercussions on those who are just trying to run a business. How is LEGO the company responsible for social policy? Why should LEGO be intimated by SJW's? Are the SJW's really representing popular opinion or are they enforcing their opinion on others.

If you don't like what a newspaper is publishing, don't buy it. When readership falls sufficiently, so will advertising dollars. When this happens, you will know that most people agree with you.

Isn't a boycott kinda of silly anyway, considering the availability of the internet as a means of communication for all kinds of ideas.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I for one think it is fantastic news...let's replace the word hate with manipulation of opinion.

That is what the Daily Mail amongst others seek to do, curry peoples favour to their world view, they don't necessary report the truth, so for a company to say "I no longer wish to be aligned with this." can only be a positive.

Let's face it don't we spend every day complaining about how bias the media is?!

Oh and just for the record, yes actually there are papers such as the one named above who aren't exactly coming from a cute and fluffy perspective with regards to various issues, immigration being one.

Daily Mail can print what it likes, doesn't mean people are going to read it, however in turn companies are wasting their money advertising with them if the general public don't read,they loose the revenue...paper folds.

That's the extreme scenario, papers such as the Mail have a choice...it's up to them if they choose wisely.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
what was 'hateful' about the newspapers lol.

Because it was critical of the Left side of politics and dared to question things.

Funny no one's boycotting Left Wing extreme newspapers like the Guardian.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

they chose not to advertise . . . that is boycotting, and the paper loses ad money like you said

LEGO chose not to give them business

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

no LEGO decided to agree to demands placed on them by their customers. Demands that should not have been made.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

is not that what a business does?

it is in business to make a profit nothing more, you do that by making your customers happy.

if the paper does what everyone wants because of the lack of add sales, then the goal of the customers is achieved.

if you don't like it, then find enough like minded people and counter their movement.

no, i do not know what they are supporting or protesting or whatever, and don't really care.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

no LEGO decided to agree to demands placed on them by their customers. Demands that should not have been made.

Tired of Control Freaks

Um, that is how business is actually run and they follow the collective run of their customers, you know the reason they are a business and make money.

rationalwiki.org...

That is a small example description of the Daily Mail, it would take me too long and too many pages here to list what is up with the Daily Mail.

If I ran a business and I advertised with a paper that only did 1/20th of what is listed there, I would terminate that agreement immediately.
edit on 12-11-2016 by MuonToGluon because: Added Content

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

We need the Daily Mail or something like it. To provide opposing points of view. A counter point to prevailing opinions so that reasonable people can choose their own point of view.

You don't win by shutting people up. You win by debating that forcing a discussion.

Next you will be wanting to shut down publishers for publishing books you don't like.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It's not censorship. Freedom of Speech isn't Freedom from Consequence.

Words can cost you.

Ask the Dixie Chicks about freedom from consequences. They once made comments that pissed off their fans, who suddenly quit buying their music. They weren't censored, they paid a price for their words--consequences.

That's why it's always wise to think before speaking. The chances of bad consequences are lessened thereby.

Not censorship.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

of course its censorship!

People responded to Dixie Chicks words, individuals. Not corporations. That is legitimate consequences.

People organizing to control corporations through social media is NOT legit. Its trying to force ideas they don't agree with underground.

That is exactly what the dems did for 30 years. Don't say that, don't think that, lets change the language so that you can't even talk about it anymore.

So people did not say what they were thinking. And then the dems were very very surprised when it blew back in their faces.

You want to know what the other side is thinking and doing.

Tired of Control Freaks

link   

People responded to Dixie Chicks words, individuals. Not corporations. That is legitimate consequences.

People organizing to control corporations through social media is NOT legit. Its trying to force ideas they don't agree with underground.

That is exactly what the dems did for 30 years. Don't say that, don't think that, lets change the language so that you can't even talk about it anymore.

So people did not say what they were thinking. And then the dems were very very surprised when it blew back in their faces.

Tired of Control Freaks

link   

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Free speech is one thing, but the outright lies told by the main stream media throughout the entire Obama presidency and through this entire election process is entirely another.

The M.S.M. has been dead to me for years. (GOOD RIDDANCE To bad rubbish).

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

double post
edit on 13-11-2016 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Everyone knows the daily mail is a rag of lies and fear pushing.
Up to Lego isn't it who they pay to advertise isn't it? so who cares?.
Oh the TJW's care they are the new SJW's.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

So free speech is only for those who are saying what you want them to say.

No thinking required. No choices possible. Just everyone shut up and sing the party line or pay the price.

Great. Its a glorious world. Just try to keep up on the newest fad.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It isn't censorship at all nor a free speech issue the daily fail can print whatever #e they want.
Lego has a choice where they advertise they pay for it afterall.
Do you want to force a company to advertise with the daily mail?.
Tired of control freaks but are one eh?.
edit on 13-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I did not say at all about censoring or shutting down anything at all, where did you possibly get that from my post?

A company withdrawing their product for advertisement from the Daily Mail is not censoring anything.

You did not twist any of my words, instead you made up something I never even posted to add to your drivel about non existent censorship.

Wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Strange to see Lego taking a stance against hate when in just a few minutes I managed to make this with their products.
Hypocrisy. t.co...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

How is that hypocrisy? YOU are the one who thought up and built that scene!

Do you even know the meaning of that word? The meaning of irony? Thought and imagination?

You would make a great writer for the Daily Mail, it seems you have what it takes to spin a story quite well.

Did the worlds collective IQ just go down a few points today...
edit on 13-11-2016 by MuonToGluon because: Added Content

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join