It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total observation and the western worlds shift to the right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It seems that nobody is thinking this aspect, at least didn´t i read anything about it. But now we are in a situation where ruling individuals can get access to all that data about western citizens, that are observed by the grandmaster of peoples total observation and profile creating, USA´s "wonderful" NSA and Co.

And their willing and devoted european helpers like GCHQ or, for example in germany, the BND, the MAD etc. That don´t protect their people from being observed by the Big Brother NSA, foreign secret services, but help Big Brother with betraying the people they normally have to protect.

And not only the german people, but, as we know now, almost all western citizens. They grab and store(Utah) every little byte of data they can get. And thanks spyPhones and "social" media they have a lot to collect, from all those people that don´t care, because "they have absolutely nothing to hide". Not even their own privacy.

But what if that data people spread around is not compatible to the rulers opinion, views anymore, because a shift to the right brought the wrong people into power? What if the data can prove that you are not entirely in NAZI-line? What if that data says that you critized the new ruler, before he became the new ruler? What if that new ruler has a mind like a Hitler, an Erdogan, a Duterte?

Will you be taken one night by your countries "GeStaPo" forces, to be brought to a KZ then? Because you are a rebel, a terrorist, a "disturbing element"? Maybe because once you wrote in a forum that you love freedom and liberty, a social society and government, a government for the people. Because you maybe wrote that you fear the power of the western secret services, because they don´t work for the western people, but for the ultrarich, the "elites", the establishment, and only to keep those circles save, but not the people.

We all know that we, the western citizens, are handled by the western rulers as potential terrorists, even under liberal playing governments. The reason to observe all of us the whole time, since 9/11, is terrorism. And they observe us people, so we have to be the potential terrorists, otherwise all that makes no sense. And i bet there are lists of people that could become dangerous for the ruling "elites". Because they are not that easily controlled like the masses, because they are too intelligent maybe, can maybe talk too good and inspire the masses with their speeches.

Or they just know too much, even in "liberal" germany people, that are dangerous for parts of the so called "elites", the rich criminal circles, are declared as mentally ill and caged in a mental asylum for mor then 4 years(Gustl Mollath). People even die now, if they are witnesses in the NSU case, for example. Witnesses that could become dangerous of the deep state, that doesn´t have to be "deep" anymore under right governments. Then they can show their real face to the public, and this face has a little moustache under it´s nose.

Wouldn´t it be now the time to overthink and bring an end to that observation behaviour of the western governments, under the rule of the USA/NSA/CIA etc? Even for the people that "have nothing to hide"? Next year there are elections in germany and france, and all these nice profiles about potential terrorists could(!) get in the hands of NAZI´s(In germany we don´t have enough idiots, we are "burnt children" and learned... parts of us learned... to replay what we had from 1933-45, but for france i am pessimistic). And suddenly normal thinking people are targets for the government.

I´s not that we wouldn´t be targets now too. But now there are no raiding parties in the night(talking bout middle europe, NOT the USA!), no FEMA C.... no KZ´s around that are still intact for work. Ok, we have the hidden CIA torture sites in europe, but that´s not the same like an industrialized killing machinery. Bur from now on we ALL should care about what happens with our data, who is spying on us, and why!

ALL of us, because a big part of Big Brothers success is due to those "i have nothing to hide" mentally people, that don´t realize and care about a Big Brother growing. They say:
"That all doesn´t affect me on a personal basis..."

Well, that could change it the nearest future, as the world shifts to the right, due to the "concerned citizens", the "enraged citizens", the "protest voters", the people that feel left behind. Unemployed(because of greedy exploiters) people, social welfare recipients, fooled retirees, poor people that vote, in the USA for a multibillionair. And think he would crash the establishment he profits from, in favor of the "left behind" people...

As we all can see, right after the elections Trump started to put together his horror-cabinet, with "non establishment" people like Rudolph William Louis "Rudy" Giuliani, that little wannabe Himmler, as an example. His promises dissapear one after another, saw him today, asked about stopping muslims from entering the USA, he just turned around, showed his back and said nothing. How many of the promises, the people elected him for, are retracted now, are "sanitized", "adjusted" now, in that short time after he was elected? In that one and a half hour long briefing in the white house, behind closed doors, they showed him who in reality rules the USA, and that is not the POTUS. But a rightwinger POTUS makes the work for the shadow government, the deep state, Big Brother, more easy, because then these circles can show their real face, as i said before.

I am glad that europe now can observe what happens if "protest" voters believe everything, and may it be as unrealistic as it could be, what their loudmouth rightwinger "saviours" promise. And what happens when those "saviours" were put into power by the "concerned" and "enraged" citizens(if really everyting is right with elections in the western world). That the people only were needed to maintain the democracy simulation, but the same game, for the profits of the "elites", the "establishment", the rich, goes on and on. Only Big Brother earned more power, because he doesn´t have to hide anymore!

I hope that erupe learns now, because it is the same sad picture in europe. Those, that would lose first under a rightwinger government vote for a rightwinger government.
"It´s just because of protest, not because i am a nazi, a rightwinger...."
they say. Those, that are not enough educated, as it seems in the most cases. Please people, go read and watch about the Third Reich, about Hitler Deutschland, look how it was for the average citizens, look how it ended, and learn about false saviours and their false promises. A Fourth Reich is nothing a sane person can really want, because all except the ruling class will lose, till everything breaks together with a very loud and bloody bang.

"Only the dumbest calves choose their own butcher"

like Brecht said, hits the nail on the head here. Those "rightwing because of protest voters" forget one thing, a rightwinger government has no use for welfare recipients, for enraged alcoholics, for "disturbing elements" that protest governments. Even if this "disturbing elements" once helped the rightwinger government to come into power, but they also could start to protest in the future again.

And all these "rightwinger in their mind" protest voters spread their hate posts on that so called "social" media crap like Facebook and stuff. Their own rightwinger opinions, that don´t have to be compatible with

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
the opinions of a maybe coming rightwinger government, that will get accesss to all that nice dossiers, to all that stored data. Because nobody had something to hide, and all those "weird tinfoil hats" that warned for decades against a growing Big Brother deep state that could slip in the wrong hands, or show it´sreal face under the right puppets in the right government, all just were "crude idiots".

If the masses won´t wake up soon, they will wake up the other morning with more than a headache, they could even wake up without a head, because they got raided the last night, by the new state power, that didn´t like the opinions, the thinking of that "potential terrorist"...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ok, Haven't read through it all yet. I am digging it. Sounds like a great conspiracy coming at us! And. Isn't that my we are all here anyway?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Collect enough data and make enough things illegal you will at some point have dirt on everybody and that makes it very easy to put people away..

Only thing you can do at this moment in time is to best not leave anything that can/could/will be used against you...

Start with good encryption, do not use any social media where personal information is gathered and you will at the moment have a decent advantage...

I shudder with what people put on their social profiles...

RA

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

What you describe is what every sane human being should see and fear. Beware of everyone collecting your own information and leering on your private life. Even if the original intention is to protect against terrorism etc. which I really doubt btw, there is no guarantee what kind of a mind will next come into power and look at the collected data.

I read about Gustl Mollath after I first saw in your post. Shuddering. Someone with power will most likely do whatever he can to save his power, whether that is deeming someone a lunatic or if necessary just assassinating him.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Okay, I read every word... and in general terms, I totally agree... but not with your partisan distinctions. I don't trust our left-wing rulers with that power and information any more than I trust our right-wing rulers.

But it does make me wonder if this is exactly why the left had no problem with Obama's many gross violations of our privacy and rights... because they were on the "right" side? Did so many people think it was okay because Obama would only go after the "bad" guys but they were safe and that power/information would never be used against them?

Perhaps, if folks start realizing that anything and everything can and will be used against anyone and everyone by someone, then perhaps Trump's election will serve a good purpose. Perhaps folks will stop looking at their fellow man as the enemy and understand under different circumstances that they will be looked at as the enemy.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

But what if that data people spread around is not compatible to the rulers opinion, views anymore, because a shift to the right brought the wrong people into power? What if the data can prove that you are not entirely in NAZI-line?

During WWII the Nazis drooled to get their hands on Interpol files because the files included nationality, i.e., who the Jews were.

modernnotion

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If data collection is wrong because the "side" you don't like might use it against you, then what prevents the side you do like from using it against you?

To me, if there is any chance it might be used for nefarious purposes, then it is a bad idea, right or left. Sure you might trust the people currently in power not to abuse it, but one other thing about Western style governments is that they change. You can count on it. And one person's "menace" is another person's friend, and equally true that the next government might not be anyone's friend at all.

Why risk giving any of them the power? And why couch that statement in partisan terms?

Bad idea is a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

In the days of internet everything is recorded and stored, 'for future reference'.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Boadicea

In the days of internet everything is recorded and stored, 'for future reference'.

That's the truth!

I've been critical of both sides... and probably said some nice things about both sides too... I'm just screwed either way!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's slow, verging on Generational.

"Total observation and the western worlds shift to the right"

As the cycle continues and 'the good old days' crumble into the past, we are sure to repeat the errors of centuries gone by. We are at that turning point once again.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
I read a book several years ago titled 'The Fourth Turning'. It laid out a theory of generational change that is similar to your picture. It goes on about cycles seem to follow one an other in 80 repeats. You might find it interesting, I did.
fourthturning.com...

new topics

top topics

join