It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think Trump could be a successful President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I completely disagree on Haley. She would be a horrible choice for SoS.

She was the one who demanded, through executive order, the removal of the Confederate Battlejack from Confederate War Memorials, effectively desecrating them. In my view, that is akin to removing the American flags from Arlington. If she is unwilling to accept that the War Memorials of her own people are more than a political pawn, how can she ever be expected to show more than contempt toward other nations?

The purpose of SoS is to foster relations between the US and our global neighbors... not to look down our noses at them. That was Clinton's mistake, and it got a lot of good people dead.

This is the first thing I have seen Trump do that I disagree so vehemently with.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

So... you just went from 'all' to 'most.' Can I get a 'some'?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Please forgive me for not directly addressing the Confederate Flag issue issue directly. Your concerns are valid. I think if you are correct about Haley it would only come with the US retreating into full blown isolationism. Certainly who ever gets the Sec of State role I expect them to effectively ditch the Saudi Regime and likely Jordan as well. The areas to watch will be the US engagement with Australia , China , ASEAN nations , Japan , South Korea and Russia. I would add South America as well.

Mitt Romney is being floated for the job as Sec of State. If Romney gets the job it will signal that the US isn't going to throw existing alliance structures out with the baby water.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The Confederate flag issue troubles me greatly. Every report on that issue made me feel less an American and more an unwanted intruder in my own country. That's my ancestors and my culture that is being attacked. The thought has actually occurred to me that if I could renounce my US citizenship, become a Mexican citizen, and sneak back across the border, maybe then I would get some respect from the country I was born into.

Romney: I personally don't like the guy. He seems to care more about Wall Street than Main Street. But then again, maybe he has the charisma and political experience to perform as SoS. Better than Haley IMO.

Where, oh, where is Condoleezza Rice when we need her?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The Confederate flag issue troubles me greatly. Every report on that issue made me feel less an American and more an unwanted intruder in my own country. That's my ancestors and my culture that is being attacked.

My intent wasn't to ignore your feelings. I just don't want this thread to go wildly off topic when people came to the issue of the Confederate flag. I will do my best to address your feelings. Now I do think a lot of the support for Trump was a backlash against the intolerance shown by so called progressives. To my mind if somebody wants to disagree with my stances on a social issue like Gay Marriage they are entitled to do so. I much prefer to debate why the opponents of gay marriage are wrong as opposed to outright banning them. Nor should the same people be discriminated against because of their beliefs.

The thought has actually occurred to me that if I could renounce my US citizenship, become a Mexican citizen, and sneak back across the border, maybe then I would get some respect from the country I was born into.

From that wording anybody would think you were living in the time of David Crockett. Incidentally I just finished Michael Wallis book on Crocket. A good read and provides insight into a time when American settlers were the illegal immigrants into Mexico.

Romney: I personally don't like the guy. He seems to care more about Wall Street than Main Street. But then again, maybe he has the charisma and political experience to perform as SoS. Better than Haley IMO.

Perhaps Romeny would be a good pick for Secretary of the Treasury?

Where, oh, where is Condoleezza Rice when we need her?

Given her lack of understanding of the Sectarian conflict in Iraq hopefully she is content to stay well away from politics.

edit on 17-11-2016 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I agree with your stance on intolerance. I actually believe that was the largest factor in getting Trump elected. People generally don't like to be corralled and even more so when they are abused verbally afterwards.

The more I think about Romney as SoS, the more I can say to give him a shot. Cabinet positions are not exactly lifetime appointments, and Trump seems to have no issue with firing underperformers. I would not say the same about him as Secretary of the Treasury; I just don't trust him that far.

I'm actually having trouble thinking of someone I would like to see in that role. I really get nervous about putting politicians in charge of money. That goes for both sides of the aisle.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join