It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if globalization is a means to an end that we just never considered before...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: Jonjonj

Globalism is nothing more than a ploy to mix all of the races and make everyone poor to more easily control them.

It's the Oldest Trick in the Book , Divide and Conquer . Only the Extremely Gullible , like those presently Protesting in the Streets , would Fall for such an Obvious Maneuver .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My thinking is...baby steps. Globalism is a fine ideal, but with the world as it is, it cannot really function without great loss of our current ideals, virtues and standards of living. Forcing globalism will only lead to some horrific totalitarian regime with huge swaths of the population in open defiance and as much as TPTB would like to be kings of the world, it will take more than political machinations and propaganda to bring it about.

It must occur organically.

I believe that there is a part of humanity that does desire a global community however; Facebook and Twitter (described by Michio Kaku as a Type 1 civilization communication network) prove this to an extent. I think that through the advances of this kind of technology, the ability to experience the lives of every connected person on the planet, we will start to see a true global society emerge. As humanity becomes more and more technologically integrated (or succeeded by our own technology, via self-improving artificial intelligence...it occurs to me that humanity may be the caterpillar that precedes the butterfly in this regard) we will see walls being broken down, the concept of nations fading into obscurity and a singular purpose to the actions of the human (or post-human) race.

I should add that I'm not in the least bit certain if the above is a good thing or a bad thing and frankly, hope to die before seeing the transitions begin to take place in earnest. But I do believe that what I've described is somewhat inevitable, short of a nuclear exchange or meteor strike.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Beneficial globalism can only occur to the extent that there is parity among its members. Otherwise, its just an income redistribution scheme that only benefits the 1% and the members with the lesser starting economic advantage at the expense of the others.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Humanity have nothing to offer anyone outside this solar system until it rises above the corruption of the power pyramid. How many thousands of years will humanity keep implementing this faulty society structure based on enslavement of others and creating suffering?

Maybe we could offer them humor? Or be the creepy clowns of the universe? Or we might make great pets. Many a day I envy my dogs life.

But if the aliens are advanced and can use entanglement to measure what happens here, they do not need to physically come here to see all the fun/insane things we do. It is like humans filming nature shows. To measure how humans behave in their natural habitat you want to minimize the influence you create while trying to measure them.

Dogs are different. Their behavioral are more direct so they have a hard time trying to create a fake behavioral layer where they can project something else than what they really experience inside.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

Humanity have nothing to offer anyone outside this solar system until it rises above the corruption of the power pyramid. How many thousands of years will humanity keep implementing this faulty society structure based on enslavement of others and creating suffering?

Maybe we could offer them humor? Or be the creepy clowns of the universe? Or we might make great pets. Many a day I envy my dogs life.

But if the aliens are advanced and can use entanglement to measure what happens here, they do not need to physically come here to see all the fun/insane things we do. It is like humans filming nature shows. To measure how humans behave in their natural habitat you want to minimize the influence you create while trying to measure them.

Dogs are different. Their behavioral are more direct so they have a hard time trying to create a fake behavioral layer where they can project something else than what they really experience inside.

Good point. We are more like an ant farm

I had an ant farm once, but they are terrible farmers, they didn't grow sh#t

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Who knows.

I don't, but I DO know that we aren't on the right track, and whether there really is a whole universe out there or not, waiting for us to grow up enough to be included in the realm, we have a lot of work to do.

Sounds like YOU know.

But how is it that you are aware of being on the wrong track?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I believe the elite have repetitively shown that their ideas of globalism consists of total control, more for them and less for the other 99.9% of the world population. The idea of a single world working in unison is great, but it is by no means the reality of the plan that has been set. The plan is in fact very inhumane and brutal to say the least

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Do you eat the ears first, or the fluffy bunny tail?

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DamnBluePill

Yeah : their vision of globalism, is not to the benefit of us regular human cattle.
Coming to fruition now.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There is an assumption of alien benevolence in this thread. What if the aliens were more organized but still exploitative towards earth?

When the colonizing powers swarmed over the planet, they were happier to deal with seperate tribes they could play off each other in the Americas, Asia, and Africa than they would be to face a monolith. When they encountered a monolithic China, they weakened it with opium and carved it up into "spheres of influence."

Maybe the aliens are what is keeping us seperate. Maybe they are colluding with all the elite power blocks and stoking greed across the globe. Maybe they are zapping us with rays that cause depression, addiction, attention deficit and brain fog. Maybe they are spraying our coral reefs with bleach so we will fight like ants over Soylient scraps when the plankton does off.

Or maybe there are multiple alien exploiters all jockeying for position, like the British, French, and Germans muscling 19th-century China into seperate "concession zones."

Even more terrifying than hostile aliens are nonphysical astral beings that have the carving knives out for us and can reach directly into our collective psyches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join