It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.4 million Obama amnesty applicants on deportation hit list

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well folks, now we have some speculation on whether or not a golden list of illegal immigrants will be targeted.

Obama successfully got over 1 million people to "sign up" for his limited amnesty plan(s) (DACA and DAPA).

And now that same list could possibly be used to enforce the actual laws on the books.

I imagine people will automatically assume Trump will use the list.

What ya think? Leniency or FEMA ?

1.4 million Obama amnesty applicants on deportation hit list

Some 1.4 million illegals who followed President Obama's request to sign up for two controversial amnesty programs could be among the first to face deportation under the new administration.

The reason: In exchange for getting into the two programs, they handed over their identities, home addresses, and admitted to being in the United States illegally, making them the easiest to find and legally deport.

"I was surprised anyone would be stupid enough to sign up for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and DAPA (Deferred Action for Parents of Americans). Yet apparently hundreds of thousands of people did so anyway," said John Miano of the Center for Immigration Studies.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They gambled.

They lost.

The law must be enforced.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I imagine people will automatically assume Trump will use the list.

What ya think? Leniency or FEMA ?

Leniency of course.

I have no doubt a good portion of those on that list will be tracked down and deported. I really feel for these people. Some of them have been the US for many many years, I have no doubt many of them have american born kids and even relatives who are legal. There are an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the US. Even if Trump achieves in deporting a third of that amount, the impact will be major an I don't see it solving anything.

I liked what Anthony Bourdain said in relation to illegal migrants and jobs:

Bourdain went on to say that if Trump were to win the presidency and deport 11 million illegal immigrants, "every restaurant in America would shut down,"

It's an exaggeration I know, but these guys also do the jobs we don't want. There'll be a huge void that simply will not be filled again.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
American citizens come first. If things go well they can come back and apply for citizenship when the country is back in decent shape.

Sorry... they are not US citizens and our brothers and sisters across the country are hurting badly right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This is EXACTLY why there should be no lists of people that have guns.

I remember a story of a newspaper published where all the people with guns were in their town and inadvertently did who doesn't own a gun for criminals. Lol

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

thats BS. Employers just want to use illegal aliens as slaves. lots of americans want to work. Dont tell me americans dont want those jobs when you have 75 year old men and women working at walmart.

We are going to have young adults working again. these illegals are just pulling the economy down along with the "get rich quick" attitude of those that employ them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Give them 1 year to leave voluntarily. After that the gloves comes off. No other country in the world puts up with this stuff. It's nonsense.

After the year has passed all the legal able body people on welfare are now gainfully employed to detain and ship them out. Refuse to do it and no more welfare checks.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Employers just want to use illegal aliens as slaves. lots of americans want to work. Dont tell me americans dont want those jobs when you have 75 year old men and women working at walmart.

Agenda, there was never a debate on whether these employers are taking advantage of underpaid illegal workers. I never stated this. What I did say, rather clearly, is that illegals do the kind of work americans don't want to do and for a fraction of the amount. Once you remove millions, literally millions, of these workers from the industry, there will be a large void left to fill and these businesses will either have to fork out more for american workers to do those jobs, or they lose revenue.

Many businesses will be set to lose out. I trust this reality will hit Trump once he enters the whitehouse and begins his policies.

And yes, I'm telling you, most americans don't want to do these jobs. Most of them certainly aren't interested to do them for minimum wage (which is a problem in itself for these businesses as illegals cost less than minimum wage). We're talking many businesses collapsing overnight.

Look something HAS to be done about the illegal immigration issue. I have no doubt. But deporting them all in one go. It's extreme. I'm not going to pretend to know all the solutions and neither should you.

We are going to have young adults working again.

Take it from Bourdain again:

I grew up in the restaurant business — 30 years in the restaurant business. I came out of, like a lot of other white kids, I rolled out of a prestigious culinary institute and went to work in real restaurants. I walked into restaurants and always, the person who had been there the longest, who took the time to show me how it was done, was always Mexican or Central American. The backbone of the industry - meaning most of the people in my experience cooking, preparing your food. Twenty of those years in this business I was an employer, I was a manager employer. Never, in any of those years, not once, did anyone walk into my restaurant — any American-born kid — walk into my restaurant and say I'd like a job as a night porter or a dishwasher. Even a prep cook — few and far between. Just not willing to start at the bottom like that.

www.eater.com...

Yes, what these businesses are doing is wrong. They're taking advantage of this situation. BUT, you think removing all these people will solve the situation?

No.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They learned a valuable life lesson, never trust a democrat, of course they will pay for that lesson by being deported.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

It's an exaggeration I know, but these guys also do the jobs we don't want. There'll be a huge void that simply will not be filled again.

Bush got in deep sh!t for saying something very similar to that some years back. It's bullish!t.

You could VERY easily build a case surrounding the idea that Americans don't want those jobs because it's too easy for them to sit on their ass and get a free check.

You could also build a case surrounding the idea that they have that ability because of Liberal/Democratic policies.

> Make it harder to get a free ride > Increase the NEED for people to get simple jobs and pay the bills

> Remove the illegal immigrants who "stole" said jobs... > Pablo and Juanita go home and Joe Blow and Suzy Check Casher have to start washing dishes again.

At least that's the idea.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Business will be fine. Tax breaks and reduction of regulations will make up for increased wages.

we dont need slave labor when we have an entire generation out of the workforce.

This entire notion of "Americans wont do these jobs" is a propaganda job and used as an excuse to keep illegal aliens here and further promote criminal activity.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Any job is better them no job when the free cash stops coming in.

The middle class can't support the weight of our ridiculous cushy welfare forever, it's unsustainable. Especially while also carrying the weight of health insurance which seems to pay out mostly to people who can't pay in, while the people working every day are stuck picking up the check.
Sooner or later, welfare reform is coming. When that day comes, it won't matter if the lazy Americans don't want those jobs- they'll be forced to carry their own weight or starve, just like members of civilization has always been.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Trump could start with the illegals already in jail. Ship them out and wait for the cells to be full again. Should not take too long. That way no manpower used to deport the cute little buggers.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

"Leniency or FEMA"

Here it is folks, the NEW America. Complete with internment work camps!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wonder how much of this is Obama created propaganda since deportations of illegals have doubled since he took office. Obama is quite expert at claiming things are someone else's doing, when he is doing them behind the scenes.
Obama has deported more people than any U.S. president before him, and almost more than every other president combined from the 20th century.Obama deportations
edit on 11-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
DAPA is now gone and DACA is on the way out.
The President continues to make good on his promises.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
They gambled.

They lost.

The law must be enforced.

You forgot they colluded with the Media to create Domestic Propaganda of Trump is a Racist since he doesnt support illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I wonder how much of this is Obama created propaganda since deportations of illegals have doubled since he took office. Obama is quite expert at claiming things are someone else's doing, when he is doing them behind the scenes.
Obama has deported more people than any U.S. president before him, and almost more than every other president combined from the 20th century.Obama deportations

Obama was after all the Deporter in Chief. Trump hasn't even come close to the numbers of people Obama deported.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Bourdain went on to say that if Trump were to win the presidency and deport 11 million illegal immigrants, "every restaurant in America would shut down,"

How did America ever develop without illegal aliens to do all the jobs Americans "won't do" ? Toilets got cleaned, restaurants stayed open, yards were cut before the Immigration Act of 1965 opened the Southern borders. This is all about getting cheap labor, destroying the wages of the working classes who can longer afford to work for the wages employers are willing to pay. Mind you this "cheap labor" is all subsidized by the taxpayer in the form of social programs, education for their children and with Obamacare taxpayers are on the hook for their healthcare as well.

11 million illegal aliens is at least half if not a third of the actual number. Nobody is counting the cost in terms of the above or use of roads and infrastructure, crimes committed by them, cost to victims, cost of incarceration, deportations etc etc. It is easily in the tens of billions of dollars annually if not hundreds of billions. They are bleeding the US dry and in addition they send $20 billion annually in remittances to Mexico alone.

The pro-illegal immigration arguments are tired, old and mostly false.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That is such BS.

I worked as a server in Miami Beach at a few well known restaurants and a few sh!tty ones and I can tell you that the only reason restaurant owners & managers hire illegals to work in the back of the house (kitchen) it's because they can pay them less by not paying them on the books.

That Anthony Bordain line may be an exaggeration, but even if only half of it is true, he just validated Trump's argument by admitting that illegals make up a disproportionate cross section of the labor force in the food industry.

Trump says thank you Anthony Bordain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join